The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 28, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #6,001 of 17,484
The application is not running. I uninstalled the driver and tried installing the TUSBAudio Driver again but it fails. :frowning2:

Btw I have windows 8.1

This is the error that I get from the installer:

------------------------------------------------------------

Preparation.

Uninstalling 'TUSBAudio Driver v1.61.0'.

This may take some time to complete. Please wait ...

Preparing installation.

Installation.

Adding uninstallation support ...

Create folder: C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver

Create folder: C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver

Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\uninstall.exe

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\setup.ini

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudio.inf

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioks.inf

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudio_x64.sys

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioks_x64.sys

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudio.cat

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioks.cat

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioasio.dll

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioasio_x64.dll

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioapi.dll

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\custom.ini

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudioSpy.exe

Copy to C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudioCpl.exe

Execute: regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioasio.dll"

Execute: regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioasio_x64.dll"

Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Thesycon\TUSBAudio Driver\TUSBAudio Control Panel.lnk

Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\TUSBAudio Control Panel Autostart.lnk

Preinstalling drivers.

ERROR: Pre-installation of 'C:\Program Files\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioks.inf' failed.

Please run setup again!

==============================

Installation failed.

==============================

Edit: The ports are all Usb 3.0

Just trying to cover all my bases, but you DO have administrative privelages on this machine, yes?

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #6,002 of 17,484
Just trying to cover all my bases, but you DO have administrative privelages on this machine, yes?

I do. Just can't get this to work.

Thank you for your help though!

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #6,004 of 17,484
Oct 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #6,005 of 17,484
Oct 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #6,006 of 17,484
Oct 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #6,007 of 17,484
Oct 28, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #6,008 of 17,484
First post- I've been lurking for awhile, and took delivery last week. I'm aware of the quirks with the UI and tagging, etc. but those things don't bother me. I am a little bothered by an issue others raised that I haven't seen a response from FIIO on. The player freezes on large hi-res files, FLAC in my case. Music plays but the player goes dark and unresponsive, only fixed by a reset. It seems to be related to the size of file. Since one of the main selling points of the X3 is the ability to play hi-res tracks, it's disappointing. James?

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #6,009 of 17,484
Incredible New X3  Mod with WM8741 DAC & OPA627BP opamp !!!
All functions are fine. and, The sounds is more excellent!!
I think, It's better than AK120...
Today, I'm going to own this X3 DAP. =)

$(KGrHqEOKooFJNr0KPg7BSbk5Ny-Mg~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJH0FG0fG9ky2BSbk5Hg3)w~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqIOKnMFJjcw93MzBSbk5G3sBQ~~60_3.JPG

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #6,010 of 17,484
First post- I've been lurking for awhile, and took delivery last week. I'm aware of the quirks with the UI and tagging, etc. but those things don't bother me. I am a little bothered by an issue others raised that I haven't seen a response from FIIO on. The player freezes on large hi-res files, FLAC in my case. Music plays but the player goes dark and unresponsive, only fixed by a reset. It seems to be related to the size of file. Since one of the main selling points of the X3 is the ability to play hi-res tracks, it's disappointing. James?

If I may chime in: I had the same problems as you. And in my (short but considerable) experience I´ve collected using the X3 there are numerous, possible reasons for this.

The first you might want to look into is the SD card. I used a 32 GB Transcend card at first (Class 10, fast enough for everything). It appeared to work well, yet the FiiO kept crashing at playback. In the end the card was to fault as it was of spectacularly bad quality (it kept getting slower and slower until it was even slower than the internal memory). I subsequently bought a Samsung card which has been working splendidly so far (surprisingly so as I have had bad experiences with Samsung in the past).

Another reason might be the FLAC files themselves. What compression level were they compressed with? The default level is 5, I´d recommend 0 or 1. I´ve found that the FiiO does have problems with any lossless format compressed with settings out of the ordinary. LossyWAV: doesn´t work. Decreasing bit-depth of 24 bit files to 20 bit and then making use of FLAC's wasted-bit feature: doesn´t work.

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #6,012 of 17,484
for putting this much effort into it, i wish they had worked on rockbox for the X3 instead, even if the usb dac functionality went away..... I really cant get over this track sorting and lack of artist/album/song and genre/aratist/album/song.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #6,014 of 17,484
But, I think. This X3 Mod(WM8741+OPA627BP) sounds is much better than AK100, AK120.

Subjective perception aside, OPA627 is a not a good choice for output stage opamp - not particularly good voltage swing, limited capacitance load capability, plus a 55ohm open loop output impedance. The better way of using OPA627 is to have a buffer stage after the opamp so it will never need to drive any load directly.

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #6,015 of 17,484

Subjective perception aside, OPA627 is a not a good choice for output stage opamp - not particularly good voltage swing, limited capacitance load capability, plus a 55ohm open loop output impedance. The better way of using OPA627 is to have a buffer stage after the opamp so it will never need to drive any load directly.

two 627BP receive power supply (over 5V) from X3's battery.
therefore, two 627BP works fine. no problems.
also, output impedance open loop was adjusted to resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back