The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #5,671 of 17,484

Sorry, no.   Inability to properly index a 64GB card is still a problem as well.

Not strictly true. There is a problem indexing thousands of files in one go but it isn't anything to do with the card being 64GB and can be quite easily (though admittedly tediously) be worked around by updating the library after adding each tranche of a few hundred files. Of course, if anyone knows different, please clarify further because there is a lot of misinformation going around about 64GB cards due to the difficulty of formatting them correctly if you don't know what you are doing.

Oct 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #5,672 of 17,484
  Somebody help me, please. The player does not play the various folders of music one next to each other. Everytime it ends playing a folder (last song) it jumps to the begining of the same folder (first song) rather than jumping to the next folder. I can't find out how to fix this. What am I missing here?

"Welcome to head-Fi Sorry about your wallet"

Right now, you are probably in browse files (manual mode). I just checked with all the different play mode's(repeat, shuffle etc).

The X3 does not have ability to move to next folder by itself yet and play those contents. Sorry. Maybe petition to have that feature added?

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #5,674 of 17,484
official photos look great, could be great if it comes with more internal storage
o2smile.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #5,675 of 17,484

Exactly. This is crazy. What an amateurism... Now what? I will have to move manually to the next folder over and over again??

Why not just create a CUE file that contains all of the albums in the order you want to listen to them in? I find it quite rare that I want to listen to my albums from start to finish, back to back. More often than not, I'm usually in shuffle mode. In those rare cases where I do want to listen to albums one after the other in the natural track order, a CUE file will definitely do the job.

Dale

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #5,676 of 17,484
Exactly. This is crazy. What an amateurism... Now what? I will have to move manually to the next folder over and over again??

Welcome to Head-Fi,
your expectations are set very high, my friend.

You will not find a single computer or audio player that goes from folder to folder.

you can play everything, or everything from one artist, genre, or album, via the different play modes presented on this player.

The first thing you should do after adding files to the X3, is go to system settings, and then update lib. This way the player indexes all files you have added.

When you're in the top menu, you can select "play all", this will play everything you have added to the players' memory(including it's micro SD card memory)

If you select category, then album, you can play whole albums.
If you select category, then genre, you can play all tracks tagged with the same genre.
And if you select category, then artist, you will be able to listen to every track by the same artist.

Via browse files mode, you can browse through all the folders, and select a folder, which you can then play, by selecting a track.

In the top menu, there's a "play mode" setting, with this you can select how you want to play your music, be it via shuffle, repeat single track, repeat all or play all once.

The important thing for most of these functions to work is that you have everything tagged correctly.

I hope you will enjoy the player, because it's really nice, if you ask me.

--CH23

I have to add one more thing:

If you want the player to play everything in order, as i have it for instance (artist in alphabetical order, album by year in order, tracks in order) you can use mp3tag to rename the filenames of all the tracks, the setting i used for "tag to filename" conversion : %artist% - %year% - %album% - %discnumber% $num(%track%,2) - %title%

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #5,677 of 17,484
Any Sony, Cowon, or Sansa goes from folder to folder.

In that case i was misinformed and i apologise for this.

I have given you a solution to the problem and i really do hope that this will help you further :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #5,678 of 17,484
  Any Sony, Cowon, or Sansa goes from folder to folder.

You can certainly request this as an option, but I think it's a matter of taste. Personally, I don't want the player to automatically jump to the next folder. My car USB player does this, and I'd rather it didn't. I very seldom want to listen to the next folder, unless I'm listening to a multi-disc album. I'd be perfectly happy if my players read the Disc # tag and acted accordingly.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #5,681 of 17,484
Yes, it does. There's an option in the settings for that. Same for Cowons and Sansas.

FiiO HAS to add this feature and this is urgent. All the other most important brands have it.

So far you're the first, and only one who wants this function added, so i doubt they'll put it on their priority list(and i can't blame them)

i think the solution i have given you will work just as well.

In a way what you requested has been part of the firmware really.

"Play all" plays all, after all.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #5,682 of 17,484
Are you serious? :p  

Listen dude. you came in here with 8 posts to tell people that a feature is urgent, and you're the first one to mention this. Honestly i'd say a better functionality is that after its done playing the single folder, it should just stop instead of repeating. but right now you can shuffle, repeat, or repeat once.

Go to the main menu, click "categories", go to your albums, or artists, or "play all" or genres. That does exactly what you want.

A much more urgent bug (considering its been mentioned numerous times) would be fixing the way it lists songs by track number. It shouldnt be listing strictly by track number, it should be sorting by artist/album/track. or genre/artist/album/track. Right now it just groups all the track 1, then all the track 2, then all the track 3, etc. And I dont know if its been fixed (i think it has) but before it would list track 11 along with track 1 unless you 0-pad all of your numbers (01, 02, 03).

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #5,683 of 17,484
Listen dude. you came in here with 8 posts to tell people that a feature is urgent, and you're the first one to mention this. Honestly i'd say a better functionality is that after its done playing the single folder, it should just stop instead of repeating. but right now you can shuffle, repeat, or repeat once.

Go to the main menu, click "categories", go to your albums, or artists, or "play all" or genres. That does exactly what you want.

A much more urgent bug (considering its been mentioned numerous times) would be fixing the way it lists songs by track number. It shouldnt be listing strictly by track number, it should be sorting by artist/album/track. or genre/artist/album/track. Right now it just groups all the track 1, then all the track 2, then all the track 3, etc. And I dont know if its been fixed (i think it has) but before it would list track 11 along with track 1 unless you 0-pad all of your numbers (01, 02, 03).

+1. Why is everyone wasting time on this individual. I think that if this going to ruin your day its better to just get rid of it and get on with your life instead of crying like a baby that won't get its toy!!! Can we get on with the positives and some more serious bugs the X3 might have. Thanks...

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #5,684 of 17,484
Dude, I don't want to to mix Jazz and Metal and EDM. I got complete discographys of Metal and complete discograpphys of jazz. Totally different things. I need the folders in order to play all my Metal folders AND my jazz folders when I want to listen to this genre.

Do you actually read through any of the stuff posted here?

if you want your metal, go to categories -> genre

It's literally that easy.

If you can't tag, or don't feel like it, it's hardly FiiO's fault.

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #5,685 of 17,484
I agree with the need to fix the sort order issue.  I saved my file names with MP3Tag using %artist% - %album% - $num(%track%,2) - %title% order and it worked fine but the names were so long I had to wait a long time for the title to scroll into view under browse folder mode.  Instead I opted for $num(%track%,2) - %title% file names stored under Artist\Album structure on the SD card.  Now I can browse by folder and have artist\album structure where my titles appear in track order.  The titles also appear correctly under Category\Album view.  Since those are my main two modes of viewing my music I am willing to sacrifice the other category views; however I would greatly prefer sorts to work off tags.  I am still happy with the X3 despite the limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back