The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #5,645 of 17,483
Sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Send me all of them requests.

Im mainly looking to get diversity and community participation. As in using different os or audio formats in a life style or particular way as well as active users.

can i join the beta test program too?

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #5,646 of 17,483
Sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Send me all of them requests.

Im mainly looking to get diversity and community participation. As in using different os or audio formats in a life style or particular way as well as active users.

should i send you a PM? (coming from an IRC community, i know it's not wanted there)

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #5,647 of 17,483
also crossposting this from http://www.head-fi.org/t/684793/diy-your-own-theme-for-your-lovely-x3

https://mega.co.nz/#!mIYGUCKB!O69r8AnUaNbX_Xlc6yf6Okxh4hxhG1oep_SIRv7g9zI

i'm done.
give it a try, it's very minimalistic

please let me know what you think about it, if anything could use a change, etcetera.

i'm mostly interested if anyone sees anything green coloured (apart from the battery), or pink.

there were some images that didn't seem to be used, and i gave them those colours to test this.

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #5,648 of 17,483

One other unrelated question. I assume the battery in the X3 is lithium-Ion, and if so would benefit from being completely drained about once every month or so to maximise overall battery life?

From what I understand completely draining a Lithium-Ion battery pack is not advised and can actually do harm to the battery.  Charging at 50% battery power is advised.  I am sure others have an opinion on this.

I hope others do chime in on this topic. I have always been under the impression that Lithium-Ion batteries need to be fully discharged periodically to help maximize overall battery life. In fact some of the users guides from products I have purchased that contain rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery packs indicate this very thing by stating that the owner should completely discharge the battery periodically to ensure a longer life for the cell, One such manufacturer is Braun with their Oral-B electronic toothbrushes and there are others. Maybe these companies are conspiring against the consumer by feeding them false information in order to shorten the battery life thus creating more sales?

Perhaps James can share his thoughts on this in relation to the X3 at least.

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #5,649 of 17,483
I just did a little research on the battery lifespan front. It would appear that Lithium-Ion batteries, generally speaking, do not benefit from a periodical complete  discharge except for the re-setting of the batteries internal gauge.  However, in the three or four resources I consulted I found no mention of discharging causing a L-Ion cell any damage. Consistantly mentioned in all sources consulted is the fact that keeping a L-Ion cell at or near full charge for extended periods of time will reduce it's lifespan considerably. It is recomended that one only charge a L-Ion cell to 80 or 90% of capacity. It was stated in more than one source that charging to 90% of capacity will effectively up to double the number of charge discharge cycles in the lifespan of a L-Ion cell, while charging to only 80% will again significantly increase the number of charge/discharge cycles of a L-Ion cell over the 90% charge.

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #5,650 of 17,483
Thanks for FiiO for allowing the chance for helping out with the beta test. As it is beta software and to post information regarding the current status of the non-commercial release may impact negatively sales of a product that I am very pleased with and cause damage to the reputation of a company that I have faith in please disregard what I posted earlier. At the time of the final release I shall post my results with the various tests I undertake; but since a normal consumer can not possibly have the issues that I may or may not discover it would be improper to publicly release what I experience.

Apologies to James...

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #5,651 of 17,483
A full discharge-charge cycle is worse than several 30-80% charges. For portable devices with battery life above 5h this is also mostly the case in practice but the shorter the lifespan and the more frequently the device is used, it's the other way around.
For example, a laptop these days often is used plugged in, thus battery stays around 95-99% all the time degrading the battery. 
Another example is a smartphone, mostly this is charged up to 100% and recharged after a day's work to 100% again, plugged out and the "cycle" restarts. 
For the X3 the situation is different, I am quite sure most users will use it up to a few hours a day and charge it after a few days to a week, not always fully because it takes so long. This is the preferred case for any Li-ion battery.
Charging time has little effect on the dergradation of the battery but the charging time is important for the sort of use the device will see in practice. 

It also takes more effort to charge from 90 to 100% than from 70 to 80%. 
All rather off-topic.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #5,652 of 17,483
  Is there a thread tracking remaining X3 bugs? There are still a few with mine that hopefully will get taken care in a future firmware release. Here are the ones in order of how "bad" they are for me:

1. Slow response going from track to track. Its very annoying because sometimes it doesn't respond so I press more times and then I skip too many tracks.

2. Glitch in the beginning of new song sometimes when selecting a new track. Sometimes the song starts after the first second or two.

3. Return key should return to next level up but sometimes returns all the way back to the home screen, meaning you have to start all over again if you want to listen to another album in that same area of your directory.

4. Slow scroll speed going through albums. Takes forever to scroll through card file directory.

5. No gapless in browser mode (think this is being addressed)

6. No Category > Artist > Album option. I.E all tracks from the same artist are lumped together. (I think James said this is not going to be changed?)

Anyone else have any other bugs? Maybe once we sort out the remaining bugs James can see if they can be fixed in the future.

Bump.

James, will any of these issues (especially the first one) be addressed in a future FW update?

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #5,653 of 17,483

Bump.

James, will any of these issues (especially the first one) be addressed in a future FW update?

1. Slow response going from track to track. Its very annoying because sometimes it doesn't respond so I press more times and then I skip too many tracks.

We can addressed the problem cause it is not happened every time and we need the whole music files to help us address it . I means , we can only solve problem/bugs which we can find the law ( maybe it is not a suitable word .

thanks in advance if anyone can send the music files to us, you can contact us by support@fiio.net

2. Glitch in the beginning of new song sometimes when selecting a new track. Sometimes the song starts after the first second or two.

The same as above

3. Return key should return to next level up but sometimes returns all the way back to the home screen, meaning you have to start all over again if you want to listen to another album in that same area of your directory.

Sorry it is decided by the furnware krel so hard to do that unless a big and total change. something like NOKIA give up Win and change to Android.

4. Slow scroll speed going through albums. Takes forever to scroll through card file directory.

Sorry can't

5. No gapless in browser mode (think this is being addressed)

The new firmware already supports, please wait couple days.

6. No Category > Artist > Album option. I.E all tracks from the same artist are lumped together. (I think James said this is not going to be changed?) Yes.

Anyone else have any other bugs? Maybe once we sort out the remaining bugs James can see if they can be fixed in the future

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #5,654 of 17,483
  A full discharge-charge cycle is worse than several 30-80% charges. For portable devices with battery life above 5h this is also mostly the case in practice but the shorter the lifespan and the more frequently the device is used, it's the other way around.
For example, a laptop these days often is used plugged in, thus battery stays around 95-99% all the time degrading the battery.
Another example is a smartphone, mostly this is charged up to 100% and recharged after a day's work to 100% again, plugged out and the "cycle" restarts.
For the X3 the situation is different, I am quite sure most users will use it up to a few hours a day and charge it after a few days to a week, not always fully because it takes so long. This is the preferred case for any Li-ion battery.
Charging time has little effect on the dergradation of the battery but the charging time is important for the sort of use the device will see in practice.

It also takes more effort to charge from 90 to 100% than from 70 to 80%.
All rather off-topic.

the best way is keep charging when every you have a Charger . Good for battery life and use. Don't foget iPod/iPhone have a lots of Dock device which will charge iPod/iPhone when it is docked.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #5,655 of 17,483
James,

Sorry so few Chinese are interested in gapless, but in the U.S. we have a free subscription service called DimeADozen that hosts torrents of live music shows (but only in cases where the artist permits distribution). I have 1.5 TB of live shows, all of which must be played gapless. This is a very important aspect of the X3 for your U.S. customers, and I'm glad to hear the problems are being addressed in the upcoming firmware update.

One use I've found for my X3 is connecting the line out to the AUX port on my car stereo. It makes my Honda Accord factory unit sound like it got a $1000 upgrade. Thank you so much for including an excellent amp in the X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back