The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #5,599 of 17,483
I heve a big problem with my new X3 

i have processed to the update with the the new firmware ; the update was successfull but at the end i have now a syteme error and i can not do anything 

the X3 does not accept a reset and cannot be seen on py computer the same for the sd card so i cannot do anything 

i have made a reset ----) nothing

i have at the same time push the two buttons for a new update ---* ) nothing

i hope you will help me 

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #5,600 of 17,483
I heve a big problem with my new X3 

i have processed to the update with the the new firmware ; the update was successfull but at the end i have now a syteme error and i can not do anything 

the X3 does not accept a reset and cannot be seen on py computer the same for the sd card so i cannot do anything 

i have made a reset ----) nothing

i have at the same time push the two buttons for a new update ---* ) nothing

i hope you will help me 
Are you pressing the reset at the top of the X3 with a pin AND HOLDING the pin down?

This new fw. Is it one you made using the firmware tool or downloaded officially from FiiO?

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #5,604 of 17,483
Yes i have made a reset without any effect
The firware is the original found on head fi

The X3's hardware reset should work no matter what. But then again, I didn't design this. 

Can you try plugging the X3 into another computer? Are you using the USB cable FiiO provided?

If nothing works, contact FiiO's support staff. The download may have been corrupted. 

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #5,606 of 17,483
My X3 battery died and when I charged it and booted, it said that both the internal storage and the SD card were not formatted. This the second time that this has happened. I put the SD card in a Windows box and sure enough, the formatting had been corrupted. Fortunately, I kept of full copy of the SD card contend on my descktop so that I can restore it, yet again. SD card is SanDisk 64GB, formatted with guiformat.exe with 32KB cluster size.

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #5,607 of 17,483
I must say, the X3 has a ton of appeal to me. I don't need the greatest audiophile device with the absolute lowest noise floor. What I do want is something with good sound and some build quality to it and real buttons instead of touchscreen junk. Right now my main player is a Sansa E250 with Rockbox and it satisfies most of that equation, but I still find myself wistfully looking at pics of the X3 once or twice a week and trying to figure out to how I'm going to save and hide $200 from my wife. LOL.

Anybody who has one willing to sum up its strengths and weaknesses? What is its performance factor relative to my Rockboxed Sansa, and does it work as well as it appears it should? Does it do gapless? EQ? Crossfeed? What is the user interface like? Etc. etc. Any insights would be helpful, hopefully I will have time at some point to really dig into this thread.

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #5,609 of 17,483
roboturner, the x3 is meant for those who care more about audio than everything going else. in the future this may change but right now it's only strengths are the different formats it supports and it's input output options. the interface is not that great and there are plenty of better designed player interfaces. the gap less playback is shoddy, the card reader is slow to transfer music, the buttons don't make the most sense. compared to a Sansa clip I would call it a huge update but compared to an ipod or itouch it doesn't really hold up in terms of usability and user experience. if you really think about it, you just put some music to play and leave it alone, and and for that it is fantastic. but the more you need to fiddle with it, but the more you'll notice shortcomings. for my own uses its fine but not as nice as an icon or rockbox. definitely not as nice as itouch. but for the price it does some pretty great things and where purely playback is concerned the I devices sent really stack up. I hope that makes sense. personally I like it but it needs work, but and that work is coming. for most non audiophiles it is not the right device but for us on here I have a hard time recommending other stuff as far as audio goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back