The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #4,772 of 17,484
Sep 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #4,773 of 17,484
Thank you James for the excellent work of your team. Your customer support is one of the best in the industry.
I used to own a "high end" portable DAP that was 4 times more expensive than Fiio X3, but that DAP's vendor couldn't even match 25% of your customer care. I am glad that I switched.

Ditto.

Just sold my 3.5X more expensive Colorfly for that reason and others. Colorfly hasn't had an update for a year and if you are not in Europe or Asia you are not even considered a customer.

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #4,774 of 17,484
Quote:
  BTW, we need more encouragement cause our team are really working hard to try to make the best products as we can. and we will release a new firmware in couple days.

WNn5gdl.jpg

You and your Company deserve it. Keep up the good work!

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #4,775 of 17,484
Today I brought my X3 in my car and it actually works connected to the car music system with USB. I can only access the internal memory on the car display but it was still a very pleasant surprise. Does this mean that it can actually output USB audio?

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #4,776 of 17,484
Sep 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #4,777 of 17,484
Guys, I think James and his team deserves better seriously. I didn't see any company like that, becoming one with their customers and try to help them as much as possible and still being honest. I do believe they work really so hard to achieve this.

Big kudos to James and to his team.

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #4,778 of 17,484
  Today I brought my X3 in my car and it actually works connected to the car music system with USB. I can only access the internal memory on the car display but it was still a very pleasant surprise. Does this mean that it can actually output USB audio?

Wait, if you access the X3's memory on your car display and play the music using your car music system's controls, that must mean you just access the X3 as an external storage. Just like you would if you plugged your X3 into your PC or Mac.

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #4,779 of 17,484

no, that means your car stereo can read the X3 storage device...

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #4,780 of 17,484
  Guys, I think James and his team deserves better seriously. I didn't see any company like that, becoming one with their customers and try to help them as much as possible and still being honest. I do believe they work really so hard to achieve this.

+1

I love my X3 and thanks to the team at Fiio it's getting better and better week by week. I think most of the criticism comes from people who haven't yet realised that Fiio are still improving the X3 and are listening to their customers to do it. They are too used to having devices which never get an update.

James, keep doing what you are doing, and please pass on my personal gratitude to your entire team.

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #4,781 of 17,484
Wait, if you access the X3's memory on your car display and play the music using your car music system's controls, that must mean you just access the X3 as an external storage. Just like you would if you plugged your X3 into your PC or Mac.

Yes and no (I think). It's obvious that the music stored in the player can be put out through the USB port but if you connect it to a computer you will not be able to browse the music stored in the computer. It's not possible to operate the player while the USB port is in use. I don't own a powered USB DAC otherwise I would try to connect it to one and see what happens (most likely nothing will happen).

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #4,782 of 17,484

I completely agree here.  When I first got into the X3 posts, when it was re-announced, most people stated that the sound quality was the primary selling feature, and that if it had the E17 sound in a DAP it would be a definite buy.  I know that there are a few UI and file handling issues but still, the consensus on SQ seems to be positive.  Wasn't that the direction (good SQ) we provided to Fiio at the beginning?  I would like the gapless playback to be fixed as I enjoy listening to classical and Pink Floyd while sipping a nice port, but the lack of it at the moment does not significantly impede my enjoyment of the music or the port:wink:  

James seems to be reasonably responsive to our issues, quite a contrast to the response (or lack of) that iBasso provides to those who purchased the DX50 and shipments were delayed. (Don't ask why I was on that thread, not due to any dissatisfaction with my X3 at all.  Hey, people LOOK, you know:wink:  There was quite a quiet riot regarding the delayed shipment of the unit and iBasso didn't provide much in the way of responding to their customers.  They did indicate it was a "case" issue.  (I suggested replacing the case with an Altoids tin:wink:

I look forward to the fixes and appreciate James' philosophy regarding customer service.  In the mean time, we should be enjoying our music with the X3!  (I've got the Blade Runner trilogy going at the moment via Grado SR80's at work!  Yes, a bit of gapless hiccup, BUT... wonderful sound. Now if I could only find a replicant to help me with some of my work! (That Rachael is HOT!)

PS I don't believe that the port is affecting my judgement ...

(Edit)  PPS    Sorry, to be fair to iBasso, they are providing the late shipees a free battery:)  I was referring more to the information aspect of iBasso's response.

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #4,783 of 17,484
@JamesFiio - Kudos to you and your team! Thanks and hats off... Your first well-known DAP in the market and it's performing very well. Don't mind the nagging, it's already serving me well. Also, I use a Sandisk 64gb microXDHC Ultra Class10 and it works like a charm so no issues with Sandisk brand I guess in terms of 64gb cards.

I just hope folder play/shuffling across subfolders under a main folder (i.e. playing contents of both 'CD1' and 'CD2' folders under a main folder, not just the single current subfolder) are now allowed as part of the upcoming firware updates. I really need this one function. The option to Folder play everything in a main folder's contents including contents of its subfolders is something I really need becuase of the organization of my files. Crossing my fingers and more power to Fiio!

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #4,784 of 17,484
  I completely agree here.  When I first got into the X3 posts, when it was re-announced, most people stated that the sound quality was the primary selling feature, and that if it had the E17 sound in a DAP it would be a definite buy.  I know that there are a few UI and file handling issues but still, the consensus on SQ seems to be positive.  Wasn't that the direction (good SQ) we provided to Fiio at the beginning?  I would like the gapless playback to be fixed as I enjoy listening to classical and Pink Floyd while sipping a nice port, but the lack of it at the moment does not significantly impede my enjoyment of the music or the port:wink:

James seems to be reasonably responsive to our issues, quite a contrast to the response (or lack of) that iBasso provides to those who purchased the DX50 and shipments were delayed. (Don't ask why I was on that thread, not due to any dissatisfaction with my X3 at all.  Hey, people LOOK, you know:wink:  There was quite a quiet riot regarding the delayed shipment of the unit and iBasso didn't provide much in the way of responding to their customers.  They did indicate it was a "case" issue.  (I suggested replacing the case with an Altoids tin:wink:

I look forward to the fixes and appreciate James' philosophy regarding customer service.  In the mean time, we should be enjoying our music with the X3!  (I've got the Blade Runner trilogy going at the moment via Grado SR80's at work!  Yes, a bit of gapless hiccup, BUT... wonderful sound. Now if I could only find a replicant to help me with some of my work! (That Rachael is HOT!)

PS I don't believe that the port is affecting my judgement ...

You should read the DX50 thread once more.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back