The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #4,531 of 17,481
That's not a media slot... IIRC it was a docking connector similar to those on the E7/E17.

Correct.

Hello,
No, it's usless and ugly...

THIS ONE !!

I wouldn't call it useless. It serves better protection than a case that doesn't cover the screen.
And i'm not looking for good looking cases per se.

Ooooooo, that's nice.

I was just taking a closer look at the photo of the X3 with the other,ugly, leather case and I noticed a large external media slot in between the USB port and the line out that isn't present on the production model. Looks like a standard SD card slot. Oh, and there are two silver buttons on the right side of the unit in the photo. This must be a picture of a very early proto-type.

Yeah it is.

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #4,532 of 17,481
Quote:
Correct.
I wouldn't call it useless. It serves better protection than a case that doesn't cover the screen.
And i'm not looking for good looking cases per se.
Yeah it is.

The screen is already protected and the little transparent window will distord letters and reduce the brightness.
This case don't protect the sides at all...

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #4,533 of 17,481
Recieved my X3 today, and first impression is pretty dissapointing, sounds like my old HM-601 without the lushness in the mids. Most dissapointed with the lack of soundstage width, but it does have impressive depth. Maybe it's a synergy issue.

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4,536 of 17,481
Quote:
I had this thought as well but then I tried my friend's one and I really hated the resistive touch screen so I ended up with the X3.

not a big  fan of touch screens.if it was up to me all players would have a 1 inch screen like on my clip zip. i always see the big screens as something  that will break after a small fall

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #4,537 of 17,481
Quote:
The screen is already protected and the little transparent window will distord letters and reduce the brightness.
This case don't protect the sides at all...

How about a combo of both cases?
The opening to slide in the X3 on a side, with a cover surrounding it?
as i can't upload pictures, i'll try to show you what i mean in ASCII
took me 20 minutes, i hope you understand what i mean.

/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/|
             // ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/ /   |
         // FRONT //       / ̄ ̄ ̄/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/
     //_______//      /         /                   /
 /__________/      /          /    “cover”    /
|                    |    /          /                    /
|___________|/______/___________/

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #4,538 of 17,481
Hey guys, I made an account in hope that some one could help me with this problem that developed with my X3. (FW 1.25)
I normally use 2 microsd cards (a 32gb SDHC and a 64GB SDHC formatted to fat32) with my X3, swapping them out and updating the library when I want different music.
But today, after swapped one card to another and then updated the library, when I went into the category menu, the artists/albums folders that were on the other card where still in the database. When the phantom folder is entered in the category menu, it is empty with no music inside to play. 
Taking the advice of people on this same thread that had similar issues, I tried updating the database after I had emptied the internal memory and the sd card slot.
No luck. The category menu is completely filled with phantom Artist/Genre/Album folders which have no files to play inside.
So can anyone recommend a course of action? I have tried factory resetting, followed by multiple library updates and many variations thereof. 

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #4,540 of 17,481
Hey guys, I made an account in hope that some one could help me with this problem that developed with my X3. (FW 1.25)
I normally use 2 microsd cards (a 32gb SDHC and a 64GB SDHC formatted to fat32) with my X3, swapping them out and updating the library when I want different music.
But today, after swapped one card to another and then updated the library, when I went into the category menu, the artists/albums folders that were on the other card where still in the database. When the phantom folder is entered in the category menu, it is empty with no music inside to play. 

Taking the advice of people on this same thread that had similar issues, I tried updating the database after I had emptied the internal memory and the sd card slot.

No luck. The category menu is completely filled with phantom Artist/Genre/Album folders which have no files to play inside.

So can anyone recommend a course of action? I have tried factory resetting, followed by multiple library updates and many variations thereof. 

Have you tried updating with the internal memory empty as well?
If that doesn't work, try reflashing the firmware.

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #4,542 of 17,481
Quote:
Already removed the Dr. Chesky album. I tried again without the pdf files and stuff. No luck.

And when you say reflashing the firmware, do you mean updating to 1.25 again? Or something else?

yes, i think when you do this, it should wipe everything clean.

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #4,543 of 17,481

Here is my impressions:

The first thing I noticed was how deep the soundstage is with my Ortofon E-Q5s. It has also very satisfying bass and treble. Mids are not as forward as my PCM-M10 which is also a plus for me but not as detailed also. It presents a decent soundstage width. Nothing is missing in the music but the mids have a veil but acceptable. It is still very detailed and also funny. It has also a noticable midbass hump when eq'ed which is good for my PFEs with grey filters. 
wink_face.gif
 So far so good. Good synergy with all of my iems.
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #4,544 of 17,481
Quote:
Already removed the Dr. Chesky album. I tried again without the pdf files and stuff. No luck.

And when you say reflashing the firmware, do you mean updating to 1.25 again? Or something else?

Quote:

I had a similar issue this morning. I managed to get it to work by turning ON the X3, removing the SD card, re-indexing, re-inserting the SD card and re-indexing...all with the player turned *ON*. For some reason, it didn't actually re-index when I removed the card whilst it was turned off - probably because it didn't notice that I had removed it.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #4,545 of 17,481
Quote:

Oh yeah, I tried that like 4 times. Did not work anytime. 

I had a similar issue this morning. I managed to get it to work by turning ON the X3, removing the SD card, re-indexing, re-inserting the SD card and re-indexing...all with the player turned *ON*. For some reason, it didn't actually re-index when I removed the card whilst it was turned off - probably because it didn't notice that I had removed it.

I tried that too, phantom files are still in the library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back