The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #4,471 of 17,484
Earlier in the thread you will see I purchased my X3 from a Head fi user 
Who purchased it from audio thinker.

I have checked the X3 and it comes up as authentic , at fiio.net

I wonder if the UK dealer ea-audio.co.uk could help.

I will try to upload a screen shot (of just the lit up display no words visible)

simon

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #4,476 of 17,484
I have not used it aggressively 

Very carefully to my knowledge.

I have not knowingly mishandled it but it could have taken a 
knock when in my wife's handbag recently?

Is it likely to be a connector? Screen does light up as photo

If it is a connector could i repair it , myself?

simon, thanks for the suggestions thus far , keep going guys

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #4,477 of 17,484
Hello to everyone.

First of all, I am very happy with my X3 but i have a problem with my "Hold" function.
The On/Off button is not locked, when "Hold" is active.
Are there further users whith this problem?

Aug 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #4,478 of 17,484
Quote:
Hello to everyone.

First of all, I am very happy with my X3 but i have a problem with my "Hold" function.
The On/Off button is not locked, when "Hold" is active.
Are there further users whith this problem?

yup when it's off it will turn on say FU I'm locked and turn off again , so that there is no risk of emptying the battery in a bag while not using it.
the other way around is more problematic, as you can turn it off while locked, so it could go off while in a pocket given the right long push.

in reality I don't even use "hold" as I found out the keys are not so easy to activate inadvertently. but you're right to mention it, the x3 shouldn't behave like it does.

Aug 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #4,479 of 17,484
First time I put it in a bag without the hold switch on, it woke up the next time in Chinese instead of English. Lucky button combination.

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #4,480 of 17,484
I have noticed that the charge light won't change to green on its own, I have to unplug and replug. Not a big deal but has anyone else seen this?

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #4,482 of 17,484
I received my x3 and loving it, i use them with monster turbin headphones.... but love it more if it had wired remote for FF and rewind and a radio..I want to use this while i am running. i love blasting music in my ears while running...

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #4,484 of 17,484
Quote:
I received my x3 and loving it, i use them with monster turbin headphones.... but love it more if it had wired remote for FF and rewind and a radio..I want to use this while i am running. i love blasting music in my ears while running...

I love Monster Turbins for their sound quality and the outstanding UV protection. They do get me flagged at airport security checkpoints, though.

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #4,485 of 17,484
I have noticed that the charge light won't change to green on its own, I have to unplug and replug. Not a big deal but has anyone else seen this?

Let it charge longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back