The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #3,437 of 17,484
I've bought from them before and didn't have any issue. I think it was when the Fiio E10 first came out. I was planning on waiting a bit before buying as I imagined the X3 would be quite popular where there would be limited stock but ended up buying from micca store and since it ship by 8/7/2013 it shouldn't be too long a wait.

Funny how right after I posted this, over the weekend I received 2 emails back to back from TekFx and Micca store that they have it in stock and ready to be shipped. Now, I am tempted to cancel B&H order and order from Micca. I guess I will bite the bullet and order from Micca and just hope they are OK dealer.

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #3,438 of 17,484
Totally agree with Bowei006, he has been of immense help. If time permits, I am planning on creating a FAQ based on the discussions in this thread to help everyone. If still someone asks the same Q, we can just say RTFM! :D

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #3,439 of 17,484
Quote:
Totally agree with Bowei006, he has been of immense help. If time permits, I am planning on creating a FAQ based on the discussions in this thread to help everyone. If still someone asks the same Q, we can just say RTFM!
biggrin.gif

That has already been done by James. James released a HUGE FAQ about the X3 that literally covers nearly all questions and answers.

http://fiio.net/UploadFiles/main/Images/2013/8/20130801164343.pdf
Here's the link

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #3,440 of 17,484
Aug 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #3,441 of 17,484
Fedex just told me im getting a mysterious package from HK tomorrow!  I think that's my X3 from MP4nation!  They just shipped today.  I got my fingers crossed and hope to not have to pay duties.

Aug 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #3,443 of 17,484
Thanks for the link to the PDF userguide.  I just read it though and didn't find an answer to the folder depth question.

Would somebody with an X3 be willing to test whether even if you have folders deeper than 2 levels that you can still navigate to such a folder with the folder browser and then for example Shuffle Play All the files in that folder, and any sub-folders? 

That is how I use my Sansa Clip Zip, so hoping it works the same for X3...

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #3,444 of 17,484
I got an email update today with a tracking. They just created the shipping label so probably will ship by tomorrow morning or so. If I'm lucky maybe I'll get it Thursday or Friday since I live close to where micca store ships from.

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #3,445 of 17,484
Quote:
I got an email update today with a tracking. They just created the shipping label so probably will ship by tomorrow morning or so. If I'm lucky maybe I'll get it Thursday or Friday since I live close to where micca store ships from.

My E17 came at the earliest the tracking said when I bought from Micca. I'm in CT so yeah should be about 4 days if not less

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #3,447 of 17,484
Quote:
receive my x3. 

now i am wonder if i pair x3 and e17 to driver higher impedance headphone, will it be double amping? 

Yes it will be, there will be no driving benefits to doing that. Only the last amp in the sequence is actually 'driving' the headphone.

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #3,448 of 17,484
Quote:
Thanks for the link to the PDF userguide.  I just read it though and didn't find an answer to the folder depth question.

Would somebody with an X3 be willing to test whether even if you have folders deeper than 2 levels that you can still navigate to such a folder with the folder browser and then for example Shuffle Play All the files in that folder, and any sub-folders? 

That is how I use my Sansa Clip Zip, so hoping it works the same for X3...

Hi, Sorry, I gave out wrong information before. The current firmware 1.23EN has already fixed the >2 level folder issue.

I tried with file : J:\Jazz\Red Garland\Red Alone (2004 OJC Remaster) - FLAC\01 - When Your Lover Has Gone.flac

It could update into the music library and I can also browse using the file browsing mode in X3.

Hope this helps.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #3,450 of 17,484
Quote:

thank you for the reply, therefore, if i want to drive higher impedance headphone from my x3. What is the steps that i have to do?

If the X3 can not drive a headphone well, and you absolutely want to drive it. Use an external amp capable of driving that headphone. X3 line out-->External amp.

So now you are wondering. Isn't that the E17? Well yes, but the E17 has about the same driving power as the X3 due to their exact specs(not implementation) but the price of the E17 is mainly in its multi purpose use and not driving say an LCD3.

X3+high powered external amp=drive hard to drive headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back