The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 26, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #3,122 of 17,483
Quote:
Hellnick

have you pursued remedy through eBay?

I tried.  After explaining the situation several times to Audiothinker I ended up escalating it to Ebay, again suggesting that Audiothinker should claim on his postal insurance.  While Ebay accepted that the parcel had not been signed for by me, because it had been delivered to the correct building (even though that building has 12 floors and 12 different businesses) they sided with Audiothinker. However, they kindly said that if I faxed (yes, an internet based company has asked me to send them a fax) with "concrete" confirmation from the delivery company in the UK that they had delivered it to the wrong address, then they would arrange a refund.

I'm going to try getting CCTV footage from the building management company but there were so many delays in communications with Audiothinker that there's a good chance that footage for that date has been overwritten.

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #3,124 of 17,483
Quote:
@James, i have a problem in updating my playlist, and my categories are blank.. but you can access and play the files perfectly fine in 'browse file'.. I tried restoring and switch version of firmwares to no avail... Can you look into this? tq very much ( i am using mp3 and FLAC)

please try to update the music lib first in the system setting menu.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 26, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #3,125 of 17,483
I tried.  After explaining the situation several times to Audiothinker I ended up escalating it to Ebay, again suggesting that Audiothinker should claim on his postal insurance.  While Ebay accepted that the parcel had not been signed for by me, because it had been delivered to the correct building (even though that building has 12 floors and 12 different businesses) they sided with Audiothinker. However, they kindly said that if I faxed (yes, an internet based company has asked me to send them a fax) with "concrete" confirmation from the delivery company in the UK that they had delivered it to the wrong address, then they would arrange a refund.

I'm going to try getting CCTV footage from the building management company but there were so many delays in communications with Audiothinker that there's a good chance that footage for that date has been overwritten.

That's really weird as ebay has always sided with the buyer if it wasn't delivered correctly. Story seems fishy.

And couldnt you just find out who accepted your package if they signed for it.

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #3,126 of 17,483
Quote:
That's really weird as ebay has always sided with the buyer if it wasn't delivered correctly. Story seems fishy.

And couldnt you just find out who accepted your package if they signed for it.

It was apparently delivered to the correct building but the building has 12 floors and 12 different businesses.  What seems fishy about the story?

The package was signed for by an unknown person, possibly in this building but not at the business address it was supposed to be sent to.  

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #3,127 of 17,483
It was apparently delivered to the correct building but the building has 12 floors and 12 different businesses.  What seems fishy about the story?

The package was signed for by an unknown person, possibly in this building but not at the business address it was supposed to be sent to.  

That ebay sided with the seller when they know it wasn't delivered correctly. Even has proof that it was... Signature for one. Usually that's a open and shut case (sell a lot on ebay).

Did you call ebay or through messages? Might want to call them. They should side with you... If it wasn't delivered correctly.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #3,128 of 17,483
Quote:
That ebay sided with the seller when they know it wasn't delivered correctly. Even has proof that it was... Signature for one. Usually that's a open and shut case (sell a lot on ebay).

Did you call ebay or through messages? Might want to call them. They should side with you... If it wasn't delivered correctly.

Only contacted Ebay through the resolution system.  They asked me to get a case number from something called the Action Fraud website run by the UK police - went though that process but the system didn't give me a case number as it's not a fraud issue.  I'm guessing that Ebay took that as meaning I was trying it on, hence the request that I fax them "concrete evidence" that the delivery company had failed to deliver it to me.  

The Facilities manager here has just got back to me and confirmed that the CCTV footage doesn't go back to that date so I imagine it's on a 28 day overwrite.  I'm now trying to get the door access logs to demonstrate that nobody entered our office at the time the delivery was supposedly made.  Not sure that will count as concrete evidence but I have to try.

I realise that Audiothinker did send a package and I assume it contained an X3, but I stupidly assumed that the high postage costs would include some insurance to protect him and his customers against problems like.  Sadly that is not the case.

To look on the bright side... I treated myself to an AK120 in place of the X3 as I was going on holiday and wanted something decent to listen to.  It's really nice, completely overpriced but I was feeling sorry for myself. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #3,131 of 17,483
Hellnick: always CALL PayPal. They are far more helpful by phone, at least in the US. I have conviced them to reverse prior bad decisions on more than one occasion. Be firm but polite with them. If you funded your payment with your credit card, you can also do chargeback with them. Most cc companies will do a chargeback when pp is uncooperative, often without question.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #3,133 of 17,483
Quote:

That's a bummer, I wonder why so few DAP have this feature implemented ?

Seem's like I will have to stick with Rockbox, the only alternative that I know is an android phone with Google play music.

Thanks.

Yeah that's a bummer, the other thing is bummer, another is bummer, everything is bummer.

I think, what real bummer is, unsatisfied people with ridiculous demands from one of the best price/performance products out there.

Everybody ask something. You can't have it all, if the common needs are checked, that's enough. You can't produce a dap in that price range which gives everything all the people wants. I don't understand people who complains about small things.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #3,134 of 17,483
Quote:
Yeah that's a bummer, the other thing is bummer, another is bummer, everything is bummer.

I think, what real bummer is, unsatisfied people with ridiculous demands from one of the best price/performance products out there.

Everybody ask something. You can't have it all, if the common needs are checked, that's enough. You can't produce a dap in that price range which gives everything all the people wants. I don't understand people who complains about small things.

I don't think there's anything ridiculous with that feature, seems pretty useful for a music player. I know that some feature request can be annoying, but fanbois who shoot every inquiry/feedback users has no matter how polite or reasonable it is are equally annoying.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #3,135 of 17,483
Quote:
I don't think there's anything ridiculous with that feature, seems pretty useful for a music player. I know that some feature request can be annoying, but fanbois who shoot every inquiry/feedback users has no matter how polite or reasonable it is are equally annoying.

I am not a fanboy, I didn't even post in this thread for a long time, I was a silent reader that's all but sometimes even I can't just stay silent and say 'whatever'..

Apart from RB, the only alternative is Android smartphone with Google's music application, that's his words from his post. Rb, has A LOT of features and I love most of them and use (not all, some or most). That makes life easier, but seriously if they weren't there I wouldn't just sit in the corner and cry. Well apart from Rb, what provides it, a smartphone.

Asking a feature like this, rarely seen in that kind of devices, is ridiculous for me.

What was the bummer for me you know, gapless was only available in album playing not folder. That could be useful if it was a gapless which works every play mode but this is just, I saw it in a phone and I want it in X3 too.

Anyway, like I said, I am not a fanboy or something but sometimes it can be hard to just say whatever and go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back