The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 9, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #1,546 of 17,481
Quote:

I looked at JH's website and I can't see what digital inputs it has. If the JH3A DSP-amp uses a coaxial SPDIF input you can use it.

So the X3 have the same coaxial SPDIF input as with JH3A too(i checked on their website),which needs a 3.5mm 4 pole SPDIF connector? Am i right? Does the x3 package have the coaxial adapter included like the one that comes with the E17?

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #1,547 of 17,481
Quote:

Then that means it has the potential to go HORRIBLY WRONG! 
eek.gif

True, but DAPs don't have wild mood swings and this one is fairly cheap...

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #1,548 of 17,481
Quote:

That's hard to say, it depends as much on the particular IEM as much as the amp/player.

So this means i have to wait for it to be available for auditioning first? Estimated availability of the X3 in my country in mid July,but now i only left around 3 weeks to decide if i wanna upgrade my JH16 Pro order to the JH3A combo... So now i need to try my best to make that the X3 is suitable or compatible with the JH3A without the additional noise or hiss coming out of such expensive setup... MAJOR HEADACHE!!!!!! Should i get the upgrade or not? Its a huge investment that i would be putting in... Or i should i just use the X3 with the standard JH16 Pro?
Can anyone please advice?????

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #1,549 of 17,481
Quote:
So this means i have to wait for it to be available for auditioning first? Estimated availability of the X3 in my country in mid July,but now i only left around 3 weeks to decide if i wanna upgrade my JH16 Pro order to the JH3A combo... So now i need to try my best to make that the X3 is suitable or compatible with the JH3A without the additional noise or hiss coming out of such expensive setup... MAJOR HEADACHE!!!!!! Should i get the upgrade or not? Its a huge investment that i would be putting in... Or i should i just use the X3 with the standard JH16 Pro?

So have you got the JH16 or the JH3A yet? If not and you can afford a JH3A, I would spring for something higher end like thet DX100 or the upcoming X5. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #1,550 of 17,481
Yes the X3 comes with an adapter so you don't need a special SPDIF cable.
Quote:
So the X3 have the same coaxial SPDIF input as with JH3A too(i checked on their website),which needs a 3.5mm 4 pole SPDIF connector? Am i right? Does the x3 package have the coaxial adapter included like the one that comes with the E17?

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #1,551 of 17,481
If you intend to use the X3 as a digital transport then the hiss/noise from the X3 shouldn't affect your setup (the noise comes from the analog circuit only which you'll skip entirely).
Quote:

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #1,552 of 17,481
Quote:

A reasonable way to handle such a confounding situation:

• Test it.
  • Decide if you like it.
  • If yes, buy it and enjoy.
  • If no, don't buy it, and get on with your life. Find another DAP that you like. Don't cry to the world about not liking it - nobody cares.

It's almost exactly like dating.

Quote:

Then that means it has the potential to go HORRIBLY WRONG! 
eek.gif

Well, at least you don't have to worry about catching crabs from an X3...

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #1,553 of 17,481
Quote:

This is what you need to connect to 3A.from digital source. A regular 2 pole goes to source.

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #1,556 of 17,481
You make it sound like idevices don't have true line out, but that's misleading.  Atleast certain ones (with Wolfson DACs) have true line out too.  Line out signal is not amplified, it doesn't go through the amp circuit at all.  That's why it's worth doing imods.  It's not surprising if more models are the same.  Anyway, I was mentioning line out and headphone out are different output circuits but they operate at the same time anyway (generally for most DAPs), so there's no difference in battery life using either or both.

The DX100 outputs (2x hp out, line out, digital out) are all active at the same time too.  I expect the X3 is the same.  The original question was, whether line out will increase battery life - so, the answer is no.  Although I doubt it, even if the X3 cuts the hp amp circuit while line out is used, I wouldn't expect a major battery life increase, because what mostly eats battery would be the DAC and processor working on the playback.

People who keep coming asking for extra battery life, I suggest just getting a USB power bank... it's been said a few times in this thread
wink.gif

Quote:
You're right in the case of idevices such as iPod, iPad..etc.
However, I believe X3 has a true LO. In another word, the digital signal from X3 is without amplification.

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #1,557 of 17,481
Quote:
X5??? 
Just minimal hiss right? Will there be any hiss during playback?

I haven't heard it, but it should be a bit more than my HDP-R10, which doesn't have hiss with my miracles until you crank it up to double listening volumes, by which time you would have probably lost your hearing. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #1,558 of 17,481
But will the X3 alone be sufficient for to hear great sound out the JH16 Pro?? If the is only minimal hiss and if the none during playback,then i won`t invest more hard earned money to get the JH3A.
Does anyone else here who have use the E17 with the JH16 ever experience minimal hiss too?

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #1,559 of 17,481
Quote:
But will the X3 alone be sufficient for to hear great sound out the JH16 Pro?? If the is only minimal hiss and if the none during playback,then i won`t invest more hard earned money to get the JH3A.
Does anyone else here who have use the E17 with the JH16 ever experience minimal hiss too?

If you are willing to spend extra money on the JH3A, you might as well get a better player like my HDP-R10. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back