New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories

post #1 of 1386
Thread Starter 

So after a bit of prodding on the YKYAAW thread, this here is a thread to share stories about your worst dates. Also acceptable are crash & burns, pickup attempts, or maybe just some sad feels. Anyhow, let me start it off:

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

A friend of mine set me up on a blind date with her new roommate. The girl was new to the country, and I had never actually spoken to her. The most we had communicated was a few brief texts. So anyhow, we decided to meet, and through a ridiculous scenario (I'm really not sure how it came to that) I wind up meeting her at a Burger King of all things. So I'm waiting there, and in she walks, sees me, and immediately makes an "ugh" face. Gee thanks, that's a good start.

 

So we make with the chitter chatter, I ask her how's it feel being in a new country, and she replies that she's so sick of how people keep asking her that. Oooookay, moving on. To make matters more interesting, the girl was dropped off at the BK and has no ride home; expecting that I would drive her. Well... I have to DJ a dance later that evening, so I can't do that unless she sticks around for the whole night. She seems ok with that (not that she has a choice). I wasn't expecting much more than a meet and greet, and my DJ gig starts in an hour, so I suggest maybe we go to a coffee shop or something rather than sit around in the Burger King.

 

Ok, so I figure I might as well make life easier on myself and pick the coffee shop that's right next door to the venue I'm DJ'ing at. I park near the venue loading docks (because I'll have to move the speakers etc later) and get out and open the car door for her and she asks me where are we going. I point to the coffee place next door. Her response: "I don't want to walk that far"... Um excuse me? It's literally just across the street. Cripes, so back into the car I go and do a stupid u-turn just to park on the other side of the street.

 

We get inside, order a coffee and muffin, she criticizes my choice of muffin. Really now? I'm trying to be pleasant here, but ye gods this is painful. She's acting bored, doesn't make eye contact, and answers all my questions and conversation with short answers. 

 

Well it's finally time to head back to the venue. Of course the parking spot near the loading zone is gone now, so I have to haul the equipment down the awkward stairs. She doesn't offer to help, no surprise. Doesn't even help hold a door open. Anyhow, I set up the gear and teach the intro dance lesson there, and at least there's other people interacting so it's not too bad.

 

A new fella walks in. Tall, lanky and kinda odd looking, really nothing to note until he starts talking. Y'see, he's got a French accent. The girl absolutely fawns all over him. They chat it up and he asks her the same questions about what brings her to Canada, and she laps it all up, hanging on his every word. 

 

No surprise, she leaves with him partway through the night. 

 

Did I mention it was Valentine's day? Good times.

 

A week later I bump into my friend and recount the tale. I prod for some info, and basically get the explanation of "sorry... she said you were a confident guy, but kinda ugly". Wow, gotta score points for blunt honesty I suppose. A few months later I bump into the French guy. He's a cool guy actually, and we chat for a bit. I ask him about the girl and whether they wound up dating. His response? "Hell no, she's crazy possessive and jealous". I later found out she also still had a boyfriend back in her home country.

 

 

 

 

Wow that came out longer than I expected. 

 

Who's next?


Edited by Armaegis - 5/24/13 at 10:17am
post #2 of 1386

I've never actually had a bad date, but I'm definitely subbing to this thread to help comfort y'all.  smile.gif

post #3 of 1386

Cool thread, some of you already know the story from the YKYAAW thread but what the heck here it is again

 

One time I went on a movie date with this one girl who insisted we stop by the mall because she needed to pick something up. This was a first date and I had met her through mutual friends at my church. Long story short, she ran into some of her girlfriends from the college she was attending and started talking. Over an hour later I finally got her to shut up and we were able to leave the mall. The date went downhill from there because I was pissed we missed the movie and she was pissed I insisted we leave after an hour of her jabbering with her girlfriends about dumb crap. Seriously, after an hour of me just standing there watching a full blown hen party if she had stayed any longer I would have gone home and left her behind to get a ride with her friends. We wound up watching a different movie which sucked and I took her home. Originally, we were supposed to go to Boston Pizza after the movie and have a bite to eat over drinks but by that time she had become so grouchy I had made her leave her friends at the mall I decided the heck with it and stopped talking to her. I didn't say anything took her straight home and said have a nice night. She got out of the car without even answering and I got out of there as fast as I could. Pretty crappy date.

 

 

post #4 of 1386

Mutually broke up with a girl I had seen for 1 and 1/2 years.  We had already agreed to go to the Sr. Prom together despite the break up.  In the mean time she had guys hanging off of her and I developed serious remorse about the break up.  The date was formal but not like it used to be.  She was ready to move on and I wasn't.  She must have kept the date out of sympathy for me.  It was one horrible night. The night was capped off with the great Sr. Prom picture with the girl looking happy and the guy (me) looking as if I was forcing a smile.  I recall the guy she would soon be going out with whispering in her ear in my prescence.

 

I have other stories but this one sucked on another level for me.

post #5 of 1386

Few months ago, I invited a close friend I liked to the Winter Formal with a cake. At the dance, she goes off with her friends, leaves me alone for most of the night and tries to leave early while asking me not to escort her back to her dorm.

Fast forward a few weeks and some other occurrences, and I don't talk to her anymore. rolleyes.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Mutually broke up with a girl I had seen for 1 and 1/2 years.  We had already agreed to go to the Sr. Prom together despite the break up.  In the mean time she had guys hanging off of her and I developed serious remorse about the break up.  The date was formal but not like it used to be.  She was ready to move on and I wasn't.  She must have kept the date out of sympathy for me.  It was one horrible night. The night was capped off with the great Sr. Prom picture with the girl looking happy and the guy (me) looking as if I was forcing a smile.  I recall the guy she would soon be going out with whispering in her ear in my prescence.

 

I have other stories but this one sucked on another level for me.

 

I know that feel, bro...

post #6 of 1386
A girl who i confessed to agreed to be together with me. I had known her for about a year before that and became really close then. She wanted to keep it secret and didn't allow any physical contact though at least for the time being.(like holding hands) it went well we attended events and went out together. Ibwent pretty far distances and lengths to help her out and she'd apreciate my help. I thought it would turn out well until she rejected my pair of razer orca's for her birthday present. It was that time when she dropped the bomb that she had actually no intrest in me as a partner, she used me as an FR graph of understanding men's thinking (why me? I'm a crazy audiophile and artist) and data on the experience of being a pair. I was quite devastated while sitting for my public exams the next 2 weeks.(don't worry i passed with decent enough results) And still cringe at the thought or sight of her.

So for the time being or for a long time i will have my headphones and my music as my loyal companion.
Scared of pairing up smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by streetdragon - 5/22/13 at 6:20pm
post #7 of 1386

Hmm, just a thought, but what are the odds that one of the five women here on Head-Fi are one of these heartbreakers?

post #8 of 1386
Not high, if they were headfiers i think we would keep them. wink.gif
post #9 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

So after a bit of prodding on the YKYAAW thread, this here is a thread to share stories about your worst dates. Also acceptable are crash & burns, pickup attempts, or maybe just some sad feels. Anyhow, let me start it off:

 

 

 

 

 

Wow that came out longer than I expected. 

 

Who's next?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Cool thread, some of you already know the story from the YKYAAW thread but what the heck here it is again

 

One time I went on a movie date with this one girl who insisted we stop by the mall because she needed to pick something up. This was a first date and I had met her through mutual friends at my church. Long story short, she ran into some of her girlfriends from the college she was attending and started talking. Over an hour later I finally got her to shut up and we were able to leave the mall. The date went downhill from there because I was pissed we missed the movie and she was pissed I insisted we leave after an hour of her jabbering with her girlfriends about dumb crap. Seriously, after an hour of me just standing there watching a full blown hen party if she had stayed any longer I would have gone home and left her behind to get a ride with her friends. We wound up watching a different movie which sucked and I took her home. Originally, we were supposed to go to Boston Pizza after the movie and have a bite to eat over drinks but by that time she had become so grouchy I had made her leave her friends at the mall I decided the heck with it and stopped talking to her. I didn't say anything took her straight home and said have a nice night. She got out of the car without even answering and I got out of there as fast as I could. Pretty crappy date.

 

 

Must be the Winnipeg girls?

 

Oh wait, I've been married to one for 17 years (and counting). Never mind.tongue.gif


Edited by MacedonianHero - 5/22/13 at 6:38pm
post #10 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Hmm, just a thought, but what are the odds that one of the five women here on Head-Fi are one of these heartbreakers?

I thought only males were allowed on this web site.

post #11 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Hmm, just a thought, but what are the odds that one of the five women here on Head-Fi are one of these heartbreakers?

 

I thought only males were allowed on this web site.

 

They sneak in sometimes... oh well, what can you do right?

post #12 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

A girl who i confessed to agreed to be together with me. I had known her for about a year before that and became really close then. She wanted to keep it secret and didn't allow any physical contact though at least for the time being.(like holding hands) it went well we attended events and went out together. Ibwent pretty far distances and lengths to help her out and she'd apreciate my help. I thought it would turn out well until she rejected my pair of razer orca's for her birthday present. It was that time when she dropped the bomb that she had actually no intrest in me as a partner, she used me as an FR graph of understanding men's thinking (why me? I'm a crazy audiophile and artist) and data on the experience of being a pair. I was quite devastated while sitting for my public exams the next 2 weeks.(don't worry i passed with decent enough results) And still cringe at the thought or sight of her.

So for the time being or for a long time i will have my headphones and my music as my loyal companion.
Scared of pairing up smily_headphones1.gif


Whoa, that's one cold person. I think in the long run you're far better off my friend.

post #13 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Whoa, that's one cold person. I think in the long run you're far better off my friend.
Well your's was pretty rough too, how did you even meet her anyway?
post #14 of 1386

Those are some pretty harsh date stories.  Good to hear that you've all been able to make it through them without being too much damage.  I've been on a few blind dates over the years and they have tended to be pleasant enough, and there is usually some kind of clear agreement by the end on whether or not there should be another.  Not too many recent ones though, as I haven't been dating much the past couple of years as I get older and more crotchety and not wanting to deal with drama or jump through too many hoops.  

post #15 of 1386
Thread Starter 

Years ago there was this gal I was spending a lot of time with, let's call her M. We were never officially dating per se, but well, y'know, stuff. Anyhow, we're out at a house party one day and a another girl at the party recognizes M, which seems to upset her a little bit as if she doesn't want to be seen. So this girl comes over and makes with the small talk: "Oh hey M, long time no see... how've you been?... where's your husband?"

 

So yeah, I wanted to throw up after that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home