The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #1,126 of 17,484
Quote:
Just any product or a player? Or maybe exactly an Ingenic Z4760 CPU player from Fiio?
А player / a DAC / a headphone amplifier they are all different class devices.
Some of them don't trouble you since they don't need a firmware.
Sure, a player is the most complex and unprotected device if is not supported with recovery means.
Again, I like the Fiio's ideas about X3 and perhaps will purchase and try it.
And again what I'm afraid if this model is bricked I see I have no way to recover it.
That's a sad story when Chinese offer us another cat in a sack ....

Recommended reading for the above poster.

Author: Dale Carnegie

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034

Read and return.

May 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #1,127 of 17,484
Quote:
And a player like this tries to do Media Library Update automatically.
Is that clear? About Media Library Update process?

Nope. Not clear at all.
What media library? The Windows Media Player's media library? The DAP's internal media library?
And what do you mean by 'player like this'? How can you tell X3 is 'like this'? Just because it has the same CPU as the player you bricked? Don't you think the player's firmware had something to do with it? I mean I feel your pain but I find your conclusions way too far-fetched.

Having said all that, I guess it would be nice if there was some way to do factory reset on the X3. Everything breaks from time to time and I'd strongly prefer to be able to fix it by myself without having to wait for someone else to do it.
Which is not to say that I'll do my best to brick it in the first place 
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #1,128 of 17,484
I really don't get it, I used a lot of daps too, which are always low cost devices, my first real dap will be from FiiO X5. The daps I used (idevices, legendary sansa's and all) have never been bricked. How do you manage it seriously? I can't get the point of obsession like this. Any electronical device can have certain problems that's unavoidable but trolling against companies which the community is always satisfied with them seems like a bad idea. There are ways to protect your rights and get your unit repaired. I live EU, I pay a lot of s**t to get the same things which is cheaper in Asia or in America, but I do treat them nicely and if I ever have a problem, I now where to go and I don't complain about the beautiful Asian products I either miss in here and have to pay huge amount of money. It is the way it is.

Most Chinise manufacturers don't go international. FiiO is unique and cover worldwide as much as possible. We are trying to support them because of their customer service, innovative ideas, trustworthy products and being in touch with us all the time. Attacking them without a solid point is not good. If you are unhappy with the situation that many Chinese manufacturers don't pay attention to rest of the world, FiiO shouldn't be your crying wall. They are one of the best ones out there to cover everything and keep their customers happy.

May 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,129 of 17,484
Guys, pls, don't be so hard on me. I'm a Chinese DAP lover, actually.
And I'm keen on some devices. And I'm using some of them almost every day. I mean reliable ones.
But dislike unreliable ones. Hope you understand.
You asked what latest devices i got bricked and how - let me tell you.
1. Onda VX530T (a BoxChip CPU based) - could be recovered by LiveSuit wirmware. Died but was recovered.
2. ColorFly CK4 player - no way to recover. A brick. Died and can't be recovered.
How this happens they got bricked?
Tell you again - on Media Library Update process.
Without any interruption of mine to the software and so on...
Some guy wrote why not to add files to SD card. Yes, it is an option too.
But what I noticed when adding files this way on RockChip / SoChip / BoxChip CPU based players.... you have no these files seen in your player's
Media Library. Can only get to them using the File Dispather.
If wanna have them to be seen in the Media Library you need to copy them to the primary Flash Disk (Internal Memory) where the OS of the pleyer is.
This is what I noticed with some of my DAPs here.

May 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #1,130 of 17,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kistenev /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But what I noticed when adding files this way on RockChip / SoChip / BoxChip CPU based players.... you have no these files seen in your player's
If wanna have them to be seen in the Media Library you need to copy them to the primary Flash Disk (Internal Memory) where the OS of the pleyer is.

That's why I use folders, file managers and Foobar. Never trusted no libraries, Windows or not. Don't even get me started on what a Mac does to a Cowon 
cool.gif

May 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,131 of 17,484
Quote:
Guys, pls, don't be so hard on me. I'm a Chinese DAP lover, actually.
And I'm keen on some devices. And I'm using some of them almost every day. I mean reliable ones.
But dislike unreliable ones. Hope you understand.
You asked what latest devices i got bricked and how - let me tell you.
1. Onda VX530T (a BoxChip CPU based) - could be recovered by LiveSuit wirmware. Died but was recovered.
2. ColorFly CK4 player - no way to recover. A brick. Died and can't be recovered.
This is what I noticed with some of my DAPs here.

Hello, I had an old Onda before (but did not like its sound and went back to my Archos... really not great either but more responsive and "Ok" Sounding) and never bricked mine.

For your information, most players I have tried since 2007 or so HAVE an option to "REFRESH" its library, meaning, I can just connect the player to the computer, copy + paste all the folders I want without using any media library software and THEN when I disconnect the player I can just "refresh" the library from the MP3 player and it will automatically recognize the files via the music files tags and organize appropriately.

HiSound players do this
Cowon does this
iRiver does this
Pretty sure HifiMan does this too (can't remember)
etc
etc

May 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #1,132 of 17,484
Quote:
That's why I use folders, file managers and Foobar. Never trusted no libraries, Windows or not. Don't even get me started on what a Mac does to a Cowon 
cool.gif

I agree - simple is best - i dont trust 3rd party software to complicate with tagging issues etc. I always use drag n drop and never had an issue over the years. 
I think if people do this the chance of bricking is zero

Mt Kistenev is being a bit negative because he got burned once - the lesson to be learned is not to use media player rather than be doom n gloomy over Fiio and your his slurs against Chinese DAP's is a generalisation that i find offensive to be honest.

Fiio are hero's in my book for pioneering quality products at reasonable prices -

May 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #1,134 of 17,484
May 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #1,135 of 17,484
Quote:
cool.gif

Ditto here, I will control my own files thank you very much, Windows media player, iTunes, etc. libraries, IMHO, are crap when it comes to playing nice with different devices.

May 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,138 of 17,484
Reading the comments to his question's, I am having some serious doubts on the maturity of fellow posters. It's pretty obvious his English isn't perfect so cut him some slack. He has a genuine query so how about we help him out.

May 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #1,139 of 17,484
Quote:

Hello, I had an old Onda before (but did not like its sound and went back to my Archos... really not great either but more responsive and "Ok" Sounding) and never bricked mine.

For your information, most players I have tried since 2007 or so HAVE an option to "REFRESH" its library, meaning, I can just connect the player to the computer, copy + paste all the folders I want without using any media library software and THEN when I disconnect the player I can just "refresh" the library from the MP3 player and it will automatically recognize the files via the music files tags and organize appropriately.

Telling this again. After copy+paste procedure and later, when player is disconnected from a PC the sign 'Media Library Update' can normally be seen. It depends on the the CPU and the firmware though. When only few files are added it is not seen. The proces is going fast.
To make it seen and being caught by a camera I have to add to a BoxChip CPU Onda player internal memory a folder with 20 songs, totally around 170Mb.

The pictures taken -
1. the player is connected to the PC -

http://f3.s.qip.ru/GjeazuzN.jpg

2. the player is disconnected from the PC. Media Library Update is automatically ON

http://f3.s.qip.ru/GjeazuzO.jpg

3. After the Media Library Update is completed the Home Screen is ON -

http://f4.s.qip.ru/GjeazuzP.jpg

And yet it was quite a simple task for a BoxChip CPU Onda player. But did I (say) add 10 folders with 120 songs in each folder
the player would DIE during Media Library Update again. A brick again. And yet I could recover it from a PC which is no pleasure for me but which is ever POSSIBLE since I can use a LiveSuite software on my PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back