The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #16,351 of 17,484
  Thanks for the response. Though I can't get access to get a stock fw on it.   Like I mentioned, it's dead/unresponsive.

has anyone ever revived a bricked x3?

Probably you have already tried it. In case not, check the first post in this thread. it contains a link to latest 3.34b firmware and instructions how to install the same.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/742014/official-x3-firmware-thread-3-34beta-removed-5800-song-limit-play-through-folders-happy-chinese-new-year

Hopefully it will help you to unbrick your X3.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #16,352 of 17,484
Bricked.

went to sleep after 3 min auto shutdown in pause, now won't wake back up.
hit the reset, nothing is happening..
it's currently charging (red light indicator), but nothing on the screen.

been using a 3.0fw that was my own variation on McDowns theme. been working great for a few weeks now.

so,

I've been searching for a way to unbrick or at least find a spot in NYC for service but the fiio site gives me no leeds.
I've got nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Try pressing Power and Reset buttons together.

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #16,354 of 17,484
Tried every combination of buttons and resets.. I'm convinced it's gone.
I just don't believe it could be the fw.. it's been running great for a couple weeks now,  a stock 3.0 w different graffics.. pretty strait forward. no?

It occurred to me on the way back from B&H just now (after picking up an X5, they still have version 1 @ $279)
that i might have just baked it.. It's been in the car the whole summer and this past week it's been damn near 100 = 120-130 in a parked car.

All the same, it's under warranty and I've already emailed fiio.

i still wonder, has anyone here ever bricked an X3?

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #16,355 of 17,484
I just don't believe it could be the fw.. it's been running great for a couple weeks now,  a stock 3.0 w different graffics.. pretty strait forward. no?

It occurred to me on the way back from B&H just now (after picking up an X5, they still have version 1 @ $279)
that i might have just baked it.. It's been in the car the whole summer and this past week it's been damn near 100 = 120-130 in a parked car.

Yes, sir. Happens sometimes. Very rarely, faithfully.

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #16,357 of 17,484
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

Well if it wasn't ON, there is not a lot that can be damaged on the electronic side ... 
Then again if you have the warranty ... who give a f*&^%  :p

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #16,358 of 17,484
Well if it wasn't ON, there is not a lot that can be damaged on the electronic side ... 

Then again if you have the warranty ... who give a f*&^%  :p

Actually very high heat can easily ruin a battery, on or off. Not a good idea to leave electronic devices with batteries in a vehicle on a hot day. Thought this was common knowledge.

On the other side of the coin, yes, if it's just the battery then FiiO can ship out a new one at around $15 with instructions on how to replace. Best for the OP to contact FiiO either way.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #16,359 of 17,484

Sorry, how is this a warranty issue?

Fiio should not pick up the tab for customer neglect

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #16,360 of 17,484
Now that my X3 has been "retired" as a DAC for my home computer after getting the X1, then the X3 2nd Gen, my question to those with more experience is, as a DAC (plugged into my JDS O2), is the X3 draining its battery, albeit slowly? Conversely, am I shortening the X3's "life" because it is constantly being charged as it is now always plugged into by my desktop computer that I rarely shut down?  Thank you in advance for any clarification/s.

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #16,362 of 17,484
  Hi, have been using my x3 as a DAC plugged into my laptop for the past year. I NEVER plug out my laptop. I simply disconnect the X3 when i dont need it. So far no probs with battery. 

= = = 
Thanks. I was concerned of shortening its battery life since I don't even disconnect it at all from my desktop computer that I very rarely shutdown or reboot. I do turn off the O2, but not the X3 and the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back