The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 4, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #15,362 of 17,484
Hello friends first of all congratulate you for this excellent thread and sorry for my English but I'm from Argentina, tell them, It suddenly gives me blank screen on my x3 no knock or anything wet or probe around until suddenly returned to walk for a few weeks and now started again.It turns out that about 6 or 7 months ago you replace the battery but walked by it but not perfect if you will need to see at least works perfectly as it brings good manufacturing since and thanks

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #15,366 of 17,484
An insane thought floats around my head now ... I modded my x3 amp circuit... So i can get another one to have both modded and the stock one
biggrin.gif

what mod did you did to the amp section?

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #15,367 of 17,484
  I guess we'll have to rename this model the "X3 Classic" to put pressure on FiiO to keep selling it after the new model ships.

Not concerned if they keep selling it. We need them to keep supporting it. New and better FW.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #15,368 of 17,484
An insane thought floats around my head now ... I modded my x3 amp circuit... So i can get another one to have both modded and the stock one
biggrin.gif

That opens up a whole lotta possibilities. 
biggrin.gif

Its time I picked up some SMD soldering skills.

Not concerned if they keep selling it. We need them to keep supporting it. New and better FW.

Totally agree. I just hope things continue the way they have since FW2.14b.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #15,369 of 17,484
Purchased some Sony XBA-H3 Hybrids from @jmsaxon69 about a month ago.  Wanted to use them with the Sony phone I had purchased, and was really hyped for the sound.  Unfortunately, the phone couldn't drive them as much as I'd hoped.  Now that I have my X3, they really sing.  They sound amazing, and I'm keeping them now.  Don't think I'll get rid of them, they are the perfect, at home, on the couch, listening IEM's.  Best sounding ones I've ever had, that's for sure.  And now, I have an amp section in a player that can play them to full potential.  
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #15,373 of 17,484
Mar 6, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #15,374 of 17,484
I'm asking this question here because we all own the X3 and obviously enjoy it or we'd have already switched to a different DAP. For those of you that have heard the X5 what are the major differences in "how it sounds" between it and the X3? I didn't want to simply do a search for X5 reviews, I'd much rather hear feedback from those of you (like me) that use the X3 a daily basis and truly enjoy it. 

I figured I'd simply wait and buy the X3 Gen II when it came out and if I didn't like it more than my original X3 I'd simply gift it to my son. Now with a birthday coming up my wife is saying how about I get you a more expensive portable player...I bought her the X1 (and some nice IEM's) and after playing around with the X1 I said that I really do like the scroll wheel which led her to think of buying me the X5. Almost all of my listening to the X3 is done with its lineout feeding the E12A...actaully, I haven't heard the X3 by itself for a couple months. Primarily I use either my Westone W40's or B&W P7's with the X3 & E12A combo...just curious if the sound signature and sound quality of the X5 is a BIG step up in the opinion of most X3 users (like myself). I only use 16 and 24 bit FLAC files with my X3. 

Thanks for any feedback you may be able to provide!  

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #15,375 of 17,484
W40 is a cult!! Always nice to meet someone else with the same stuff
beerchug.gif

Regarding X3 and X5, they're different. X5 is more detailed with less bass. Almost clinical, lots of micro-detail, if thats your coup of tea. X3 is warmer, more fun and still detailed. But X5 sounds better. I prefer X3 bass/warmth though and as such I keep my X3 for everyday use. Will get the X3 II as soon as it comes out. I got lots of detail/micro-detail from the W40's and soon from the W60's, so don't need any better player than X3 (II).

You should have a look at iBasso DX90. Do your own research, this one is killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back