The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 30, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #15,032 of 17,484

I'm using FW 3.3 and still get at least 10 hours of battery life. My X3 is about a year old.

Same here and I got mine from the Massdrop in August 2013.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #15,034 of 17,484

That's good..almost 2 years and still good battery life. I hope mine is still that strong in a years time. Do you use it a lot?

Pretty much every day.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #15,036 of 17,484
+10000 I did the same but comparing against the Walkman A17 LOL

Please remind me what's the price and the power output on the A17 again, lol :wink:

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #15,037 of 17,484

Please remind me what's the price and the power output on the A17 again, lol
wink.gif

C'mon guys.  Keep it civil.  I am just trying to get an all-in-one player, something that I can be happy with.  I'm not trying to start any verbal wars here.  I needed a new phone, and this seemed like a good way to try and get both a phone and music player in one.  Leave the name calling and finger pointing out of it please?

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #15,038 of 17,484
C'mon guys.  Keep it civil.  I am just trying to get an all-in-one player, something that I can be happy with.  I'm not trying to start any verbal wars here.  I needed a new phone, and this seemed like a good way to try and get both a phone and music player in one.  Leave the name calling and finger pointing out of it please?

Don't worry I can be civil :wink:

My point against the A17 is exactly that with 10mw output it wouldn't be sufficient with a lot of my gear and I would need ti add an amp to use it.

It's like comparing apple and oranges.

Party on guys!

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #15,039 of 17,484

It may sound different and worse than what you are used to but that is just what you think. Most of us like the X3 and think it is well worth the price. I used to have the iAudio X5L which had rockbox and a much better UI. That cost over £250 I think and the X3 is an improvement in sound quality as well being a huge amount louder. The X3 was also about £100 cheaper. The X3 on it's own may not sound as good as what you use but then what is the price difference? For being a music player, the X3 has very good sound quality for the money compared to others at a similar price point. It just has a poor UI which lets it down a bit.
If you added a good headphone amplifier to the X3, you could well get better sound out of that than what you use. If you use the line out of the X3, it is all to do with how good the device is that you plug into it, not so much the X3.

+1

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #15,041 of 17,484
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum. Glad to meet you all! 

I'm getting the Fiio X3 and was wondering what would be a good IEM to start with? I have to stay under $60.00, I know this may sound like a low budget for IEM's concerting the player, but hey I have to start somewhere... and at least I'm getting the player. Well anyhow, I have Sennheiser HD449 over ear that I just got (using them with my computer and a cheap dac), and I'm really liking them! I like a natural sound, not a lot of overemphasis on the sound. Any suggestions on IEM would be great! I am looking at the Brainwavz m2 right now, but don't know? Thanks in advance! 

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #15,042 of 17,484
sparda0

This is what I like about this Fiio X3 Fanboy Thread. Haha! Some of you dudes just made my day this early.

gerelmx1986

Both of you are enjoying these ....by all means ...give your opinion ...both of your posting are to me .....meant to generate negative response ....if being subtle ( no pun intendd ) ..........its your own fault that both of you bought the X3 .....and dont like it .....no one force you with a gun to your head .....if you dont like it .....sell it ..move on .....dont be a _ick about it ......

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #15,043 of 17,484
@sparda0

This is what I like about this Fiio X3 Fanboy Thread. Haha! Some of you dudes just made my day this early.

@gerelmx1986

Both of you are enjoying these ....by all means ...give your opinion ...both of your posting are to me .....meant to generate negative response ....if being subtle ( no pun intendd ) ..........its your own fault that both of you bought the X3 .....and dont like it .....no one force you with a gun to your head .....if you dont like it .....sell it ..move on .....dont be a _ick about it ......

i am not listening
ksc75smile.gif
 LLALALALALALALALA

Users who are viewing this thread

• JayF
Back