The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #13,561 of 17,484

To some extent, it depends on which op amp you are using.  But changing the sound signature for a few bucks is of course is one of the great funs of the cmoy.  

I like the JRC4556 best among of what I tried.  With it, I'd say the X3+cmoy combo sounds more lush, full and effortless than the X3 alone.

Hey Walfredo. Just received my Cmoybb, sounding good so far, can't wait for the 50 hour mark. The cheap little cable i use to connect the two is removing some information though (if that makes sense) what do you use to connect the two?

Cool.

I use a simple 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.  Nothing special.

If you have a chance, try the JRC4556 or AD712 with it.  IMHO, they have a cleaner sound than the stock 2227.

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #13,562 of 17,484
Hello! Plan to buy Fiio X3.
In a past i do not be very deep in "quality music" - in last years i live with cheap philips SA2620 mp3 player, and mostly cheap in-ear phones, year ago purchased also cheap sennheiser  - HD201.
Plan to listening music such as A-Ha, Europe, Nightwish, Metallica, Hammerfall, maybe also a bit of Bach, Bethoven, and so, mostly in FLAC 16/44.1 .
Also interested to try balanced armature sound, as so thinking about purchase for X3 a sony XBA-C10.
it is less or more ok earphones with that player?
I understand, a very uncheap phones, sure, be far better, but sadly, situation with money is that, what it is, as so i cannot can get anything more expensive than about 40 - 50 euro. XBA-C10 now on action there is for about 25 euro.
what community says about that variant?

Nov 22, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #13,563 of 17,484
  Hello! Plan to buy Fiio X3.
In a past i do not be very deep in "quality music" - in last years i live with cheap philips SA2620 mp3 player, and mostly cheap in-ear phones, year ago purchased also cheap sennheiser  - HD201.
Plan to listening music such as A-Ha, Europe, Nightwish, Metallica, Hammerfall, maybe also a bit of Bach, Bethoven, and so, mostly in FLAC 16/44.1 .
Also interested to try balanced armature sound, as so thinking about purchase for X3 a sony XBA-C10.
it is less or more ok earphones with that player?
I understand, a very uncheap phones, sure, be far better, but sadly, situation with money is that, what it is, as so i cannot can get anything more expensive than about 40 - 50 euro. XBA-C10 now on action there is for about 25 euro.
what community says about that variant?

I like the sound of this player, i listen to classical music, using xba-h3 (three way 1 16mm dynamic and two BA's) but i wouldn't really recommend it if you want a long lasting hardware... i bought mine in february 2014 and as of november the battery is showing signs of its on his last legs

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #13,566 of 17,484
I suppose if you're using a music manager that supports that bpm thing you could use it to make playlists. I'm using Musicbee (another shamless plug
wink.gif
) and the auto-playlist work pretty sweet. I'm also playing round with MediaGo right now to generate senseme playlists. It works, but it is a runaround getting them transferred.

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #13,567 of 17,484

I like the sound of this player, i listen to classical music, using xba-h3 (three way 1 16mm dynamic and two BA's) but i wouldn't really recommend it if you want a long lasting hardware... i bought mine in february 2014 and as of november the battery is showing signs of its on his last legs

Interesting. Not known, sony xba serie have also hybrid design too.
About  X3 as "not long lasting hardware" - you decide based only on your case, or you have any statistics, multiple cases?
in rare cases  -even milliard dollars hardware sometimes broke, but it is not reason to say "rolls-royce / ferrari / etc not long-lasting" - that possibility of faults is why there is thing called "warranty programm" - as i understand :wink:

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #13,568 of 17,484
got my X3 again 
biggrin.gif
 ..... thanks to my friend M.Ghallab who is kind enough to return it to me when i asked him to.. though he loved it too much  in that short period ! ... i am with you now again ... loaded the latest Beta FW and now loading songs and charging the device 
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #13,570 of 17,484

Interesting. Not known, sony xba serie have also hybrid design too.
About  X3 as "not long lasting hardware" - you decide based only on your case, or you have any statistics, multiple cases?
in rare cases  -even milliard dollars hardware sometimes broke, but it is not reason to say "rolls-royce / ferrari / etc not long-lasting" - that possibility of faults is why there is thing called "warranty programm" - as i understand :wink:

Yes i know your point about hardware but sony players have long lasting batteries, i had an older sony mp3 walkman and it lasted me like 4 years, but yes i think mine is out of warranty program, i read on the box the battery is only covered for 6 months

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #13,571 of 17,484

Yes i know your point about hardware but sony players have long lasting batteries, i had an older sony mp3 walkman and it lasted me like 4 years, but yes i think mine is out of warranty program, i read on the box the battery is only covered for 6 months

Yes, sadly about your case, but i absolutely shure, you can find many sony mp3 walkman users, who also have problems with battery in first half years, first year, and so on.That is in some way, game of luck.
In any way, i consider to write to FiiO about your battery problem - even if he also says, it not covered by warranty, he can point you battery name, parameters, and even maybe  -when you can purchase it.
I be sure, battery not very pricey, and not hard to change by yourself...

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #13,572 of 17,484
  Yes, sadly about your case, but i absolutely shure, you can find many sony mp3 walkman users, who also have problems with battery in first half years, first year, and so on.That is in some way, game of luck.
In any way, i consider to write to FiiO about your battery problem - even if he also says, it not covered by warranty, he can point you battery name, parameters, and even maybe  -when you can purchase it.
I be sure, battery not very pricey, and not hard to change by yourself...

I contacted Fiio a few months back about a replacement battery (mine hasn't gone bad, but I was uncertain if it was going to). They sent back a reply with instructions on how to replace it (fairly easy), and said it would cost round $15 for a new one. Much cheaper to replace it yourself than have to ship it all the way to China if it isn't under warranty anymore.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #13,573 of 17,484
Yes. looks like a good variant.Then any way all not that bad, even if i too got an not very good battery in my X3 :)

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #13,574 of 17,484
I contacted Fiio a few months back about a replacement battery (mine hasn't gone bad, but I was uncertain if it was going to). They sent back a reply with instructions on how to replace it (fairly easy), and said it would cost round $15 for a new one. Much cheaper to replace it yourself than have to ship it all the way to China if it isn't under warranty anymore.

Just to know opening the player is not that easy ... It is not so hard but it is not that easy too specifically for non experienced person

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #13,575 of 17,484
Just to know opening the player is not that easy ... It is not so hard but it is not that easy too specifically for non experienced person

experience tells. some weeks ago i change the touchscreen on chinese smartphone - also i cannot find any instructions about procedure, all going to ok. I think, battery change must be much easier....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back