The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #13,488 of 17,484
Has anyone else found they prefer the sound signature of the Line Out port over the Headphone out?

It's really bugging me :) I would like the HO to sound like the LO but it seems that adding some kind of inline volume control will degrade the SQ and the only other option is an external amp.

Oh hold on though, I suppose I could get my local HiFi store to mod the OPAmp section. But then what if I don't like it?!

Oh I'm confused!

What would you guys recommend to get the HO to sound more like the LO?

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #13,492 of 17,484
  Has anyone else found they prefer the sound signature of the Line Out port over the Headphone out?

It's really bugging me :) I would like the HO to sound like the LO but it seems that adding some kind of inline volume control will degrade the SQ and the only other option is an external amp.

Oh hold on though, I suppose I could get my local HiFi store to mod the OPAmp section. But then what if I don't like it?!

Oh I'm confused!

The line out should only ever get used with a separate amplifier. It will be the amplifier that changes the sound through the line out. When I use my E11 with the line out, that sounds a tiny bit better than the headphone out.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #13,493 of 17,484

Very nice theme, thanks!

Probably a silly question, but how come unpacked FW be between 16 MB and 30 MB depending the mod?
Stock FW seems to be around 30 MB.

Simpler Font. the standard font is around 20mb...the one i used is around 1mb i think

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #13,495 of 17,484
Guys, I really need some more feedback about the theme please. I see I've got around 150 downloads of it so far, so plenty of people to give decent feedback. I need to know how the colours are, i.e too light or too dark especially the red font in the middle of the top bar.

Making these themes is very time consuming, especially when trying to adjust all aspects of the UI. If I don't get feedback about it, it pretty much leaves me in the dark and I lose interest. As I said before, I don't have an X3, I only have the simulator to rely upon

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #13,498 of 17,484

Oh I'm confused!

I also find the LO better than the HO, Andy.  I use a cheap cmoy amp with it whenever I can.  The combo is *really* nice.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #13,499 of 17,484

I also find the LO better than the HO, Andy.  I use a cheap cmoy amp with it whenever I can.  The combo is *really* nice.

Excellent, thanks for the advice. 
beerchug.gif
  It's great to get a recommendation on amps as that seems to be the best option. I think I'm going to buy one anyway as they are so inexpensive but, what would you say the X3 sound 'gets' from using the cmoy? 

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #13,500 of 17,484

Excellent, thanks for the advice. 
beerchug.gif
  It's great to get a recommendation on amps as that seems to be the best option. I think I'm going to buy one anyway as they are so inexpensive but, what would you say the X3 sound 'gets' from using the cmoy? 

To some extent, it depends on which op amp you are using.  But changing the sound signature for a few bucks is of course is one of the great funs of the cmoy.  

I like the JRC4556 best among of what I tried.  With it, I'd say the X3+cmoy combo sounds more lush, full and effortless than the X3 alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back