The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 1, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #12,541 of 17,484

mine with firmware FW 3.0 has a little bug that (pun intended) bugs me out!!!!, some times i'm playing a track, i press the play/ok button to turn it off and when i turn back on it forgets the position (I have it set Track memory to: Last position)

I get that sometimes too.

I thought that too but now I realize it only does it after I plug it into a connected USB port.  Doesn't do it when I plug into a charge-only USB. 

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #12,542 of 17,484
  I thought that too but now I realize it only does it after I plug it into a connected USB port.  Doesn't do it when I plug into a charge-only USB. 

I know what you mean, the x3 loses the position after bening connected to a standard usb port because every time it gets connected to the Pc it must rebuild the library (like sony walkmans)

If i connect to the usb port for charge only (VAIO sleeping or off) yes then it remembers position, the fiio has no need to rebuild lib.

But my case is different and is annoying, happens rarely but does it happen every now and then, playing some song, press short the play/pause/ok button to pause it and leave it idle for 30s. OR press the same button for 3s to sleep-mode OR press for 10 seconds to turn it off completely

The i turn it back on and the position is reset to beginning even if i have the track memory to current position

In summary: if you see in windows or other OS, the X3 and/or TF card drives then it will rebuild lib. Normal usb port, if you don't see those drives (charge-only-USB) then will not rebuild lib.

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #12,543 of 17,484

I know what you mean, the x3 loses the position after bening connected to a standard usb port because every time it gets connected to the Pc it must rebuild the library (like sony walkmans)

If i connect to the usb port for charge only (VAIO sleeping or off) yes then it remembers position, the fiio has no need to rebuild lib.

But my case is different and is annoying, happens rarely but does it happen every now and then, playing some song, press short the play/pause/ok button to pause it and leave it idle for 30s. OR press the same button for 3s to sleep-mode OR press for 10 seconds to turn it off completely

The i turn it back on and the position is reset to beginning even if i have the track memory to current position

In summary: if you see in windows or other OS, the X3 and/or TF card drives then it will rebuild lib. Normal usb port, if you don't see those drives (charge-only-USB) then will not rebuild lib.

I keep the resume on mine set to song, and it happens too (not very often though). Mostly when it shuts itself off after the 1min I tell it to. Been this way for a while, but hopefully Fiio will get it sorted out eventually - even though I consider it a minor annoyance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back