The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 13, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #12,166 of 17,481
  I've had the X3 since Christmas 2013. I have enthused and put up with the eccentric operating system on the basis that the sound quality was great and I could play whatever hi def files I had. I can stick it through my HiFi system comprising VTL tubes and KEF Reference Speakers and it can sound spectacular with the right material. It can do Hi End.

HOWEVER IT IS A DAP PLAYER AND WHEN THE F@@KING THING CUTS OUT ALL THE TIME IT FAILS TO MEET IT'S PURPOSE.It has died mid song twice today and has been mardy for a while.

I can buy an ipod or anything else and it works. The X3 doesn't. I don't want to tweak I want it to WORK. THe PRS guy was right this is not acceptable and Trolldragon YOU ARE SO WRONG.

The software is still not up to speed and it pains me to say if you are a Newbie reading this thread buy something else unless you are a computer programmer or Bill Gates.

Sorry to upset the Love In but this is akin to a Morris Marina. Fix it and I will retract.

Steve

Try this- download a fresh copy of 3.0 - reinstall - see if that fixes your issue.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #12,170 of 17,481
Like the Jellyears?

The main problem is the Jelly Ear has a very stiff cable and once you replace the foam tips with silicone, they actually sound quite good for a single BA. I have this one to review and the prototype of their new dynamic driver Jelly Galaxy that has a really nice cable.

All their products are made individually by hand.
Check them out at http://joinhandmade.com

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #12,173 of 17,481
@TrollDragon  more of your custom wiring? Troll Dragon the Wire Wizard!

Yeah! It does, but it's not on the giant slug page. Only I was referring to the whole avatar, but now I see the BIG PICTURE; It IS on the giant slug page.
Excuse me for interrupting, but who is the slug with the 'pained face' ? Can't recognize her but I'm not a follower of pop music.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #12,174 of 17,481
  A little X3 love after all the foolishness...

It's cute, but at $120, I think I've already done my impulse buy without ever hearing it for the month.  It looks like you should be able to lick it and taste some kind of gummy candy.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #12,175 of 17,481
Creme Soda Flavored Gummy Bears...

It's cute, but at $120, I think I've already done my impulse buy without ever hearing it for the month.  It looks like you should be able to lick it and taste some kind of gummy candy.

Creme Soda Flavored Gummy Bears...
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #12,177 of 17,481
Quote:
  @TrollDragon  more of your custom wiring? Troll Dragon the Wire Wizard!

Yeah! It does, but it's not on the giant slug page. Only I was referring to the whole avatar, but now I see the BIG PICTURE; It IS on the giant slug page.
Excuse me for interrupting, but who is the slug with the 'pained face' ? Can't recognize her but I'm not a follower of pop music.

Sorry, wire came attached to the IEM's not my doing's...

Este Haim is her name.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #12,178 of 17,481

Users who are viewing this thread

Back