The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #12,136 of 17,484
Don't forget those handbags too....LV...Prada....Michael Kors...etc. etc. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #12,138 of 17,484
Currently loving my new X3, it makes my headphones sing like nothing before.  One question I have though, I have some JVC SZ-1000 basshead headphones, and they're good with the gains set to low, but when I put it to high, the bass is addicting.  How much will it affect battery life, running the X3 with the gain set to high?

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #12,139 of 17,484
I thought the gain level only increased the volume??
Since when change to the High Gain feel a stronger bass; but when a turn the volumen down to the same audible level it was with Low Gain, I do not see any real difference. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #12,140 of 17,484
  I thought the gain level only increased the volume??
Since when change to the High Gain feel a stronger bass; but when a turn the volumen down to the same audible level it was with Low Gain, I do not see any real difference. 

I think you have to "feel" the SZ-1000's to know what I'm talking about.  They seriously shake your head, and my glasses, when I listen to them on high gain.  It's an addicting feeling, like sitting front row of a concert, right by the speakers, with the sound waves flowing through your body.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #12,142 of 17,484
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently loving my new X3, it makes my headphones sing like nothing before.  One question I have though, I have some JVC SZ-1000 basshead headphones, and they're good with the gains set to low, but when I put it to high, the bass is addicting.  How much will it affect battery life, running the X3 with the gain set to high?

I use high gain with my AKG K550s even though they don't need it. I use it because I don't find the volume sensitive enough as in you have to press the volume buttons quite a few times before there is a big increase in volume. Having it on high gain helps increase/decrease the volume quickly. For me with my K550s anyway.

It lasts I would say an hour or two less on high gain. The same as on my FiiO E11, the high gain just seems to add a bit more detail to the sound so I think it is worth doing for me.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #12,144 of 17,484
I use high gain with my AKG K550s even though they don't need it. I use it because I don't find the volume sensitive enough as it you have to press the volume buttons quite a few times before there is a big improvement. Having it on high gain helps increase/decrease the volume quickly. For me with my K550s anyway.

It lasts I would say an hour or two less on high gain. The same as on my FiiO E11, the high gain just seems to add a bit more detail to the sound so I think it is worth doing for me.

Thanks.  Exactly the response I was looking for.  I can sacrifice some time for performance.  Much appreciated.  
L3000.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #12,145 of 17,484
sorry for posting as a reply. i am new to headfi.
hi friendzz,
I was lookin forward to buy the fiio x3 player and audio Technica athm50 headphones. i dont have a very big budget and i am not an audiophile . But i loved to hear the best music in its best quality. I am from india so its hard for me to purchase both things from here. But luckly one of ma friend is coming from USA. It would be great if you people suggest me anything to get the best music quality but with a limited budget. say 350$ for both the headphones and player.

Also please reply on my preferred combo like the ATH M50 and Fiio x3. will they satisfy my needs . i am not a bass lover. am more into acoustics and soft rock songs.

kindly reply me.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #12,147 of 17,484
The X3 is a great player, definitely one that will give you the best sound quality with a pair of M50's, if you feed it right.  What I mean by that is not playing 320kbps mp3's on it, but ripping your music to FLAC or ALAC quality.  This will give you a CD like quality and the M50's will present more detail and better control on the upper and lower frequencies.  It's also nice that Fiio does constant firmware updates, so they continually work on issues the player may have.  Currently, I'm on firmware 3.0Ex, which allows you to format your microSD card to exFat, and still play on the X3.  I think most SDXC cards come this way, so it's really a drag-and-drop proposition for putting music on your X3.  I love the sound, and I think you will too.

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #12,148 of 17,484
I use high gain with my AKG K550s even though they don't need it. I use it because I don't find the volume sensitive enough as it you have to press the volume buttons quite a few times before there is a big improvement. Having it on high gain helps increase/decrease the volume quickly. For me with my K550s anyway.

indeed. can't say for sure how much shorter the battery life will be, but it will be shorter as more power is required to boost the gain. then again if that isn't an issue for you and you are getting the sq you prefer with the gain boost then i'd say you're one happy camper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back