The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 11, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #12,121 of 17,484
thnaks for all replies but back to my original question:

which dap would be the best match with my Miracles+Toxic scorpion. its very hard to describe the sound i want in words. im after that crisp, clean sound with alot of detail and separation, maybe abit on the bright side but without harsh treble.

can any miracle owners also comment pls? thanks

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #12,122 of 17,484
  thnaks for all replies but back to my original question:

which dap would be the best match with my Miracles+Toxic scorpion. its very hard to describe the sound i want in words. im after that crisp, clean sound with alot of detail and separation, maybe abit on the bright side but without harsh treble.

can any miracle owners also comment pls? thanks

It maybe better to ask in the relevant headphone thread. The question here would probably be phrased the other way round as in "which headphones are best suited to my X3?"

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #12,124 of 17,484
you are right ill also post in miracles thread thanks

AK240 just spent 5 hours straight with the AK and my Miracles.........fantastic. Bass, mid, treble all there and not fatiguing at all. If you've got the dosh its the best option IMO.
Well there is a bit of Dejavu...

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #12,125 of 17,484
Aug 11, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #12,127 of 17,484
Well now, just encountered the first naughty behavior with a uSD Card.
Near the end of a song X3 just gives a little shriek and moves to the next song. Oh Oh! So I back up and listen to the offending song again and the same thing happens in the same place.
SO! I take the card out, put it in the computer and open the file with my DAW to see what I can see. Expand the waveform, start the song, watch and listen. NO PROBLEM! Sigh..
So I put the card back in X3 and listen again. Same behavior. (this is with flac files BTW)
A little background. When I prepare files for the uSD Card first I create them on a backup drive that the OS doesn't use for anything. Build my directory structure first, write the songs into the proper directories and do this until the whole set that will go on the card is complete. Then take a blank card and copy one album at a time to the card. I do this to avoid fragmented files as I have learned that uSD cards don't like that.
OK, back to the problem. uSD card back in the computer. Erase the one song and copy the very same track from the backup drive to the card again. Card in X3 again, update media library just to be sure. Play the song again...problem gone. ?????
Squirrelly little guys those uSD cards.

Here's a Hi Def track that I enjoy a lot on X3. So sweet to listen to. I turn it up to 86...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6gd9h1xdj04u6u/Diamonds_And_Pearls.flac
I don't leave these tracks up for long. Sorry if you miss them, but they will often times get an amazing number of downloads. I don't want to be burning musicians, just sharing a little with X3 owners. So get it soon or it will be gone like the others. Enjoy.

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #12,129 of 17,484
can any miracle and x3 owners here comment pls?

just yesterday i transferred the mozart requiem mass in flac to my x3, and i was very underwhelmed by the details and clarity. loss of details, untamed treble..

its hard to explain. for example in lacrimosa, when the female vocals are rising the treble gets out of control and shaky, if you know what i mean. this is simply unacceptable and takes away all the joy from hearing. vocals should be silky smooth,detailed and lifelike. again even my soundsticks 2 manage to produce much better and controlled sound.

if anybody has requiem in flac, for the sake of comparison would you listen to lacrimosa and tell me if you get the shaky treble also?

i think ill get and try dx90. or my iems are crap..

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #12,130 of 17,484
good news ..... the new firmware of X5 already released with those functions : 

1. Added support for .m3u and .m3u8 playlists
2. Added support for album art for whole folders (e.g. front.jpg, cover.bmp, folder.png) 
and a lot more but related specifically to x5 .... wish they could implement a good eq too
rolleyes.gif

i think we will hear good news for our X3 soon 
beerchug.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #12,131 of 17,484
good news ..... the new firmware of X5 already released with those functions : 

[COLOR=333333]1. Added support for .m3u and .m3u8 playlists[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]2. Added support for album art for whole folders (e.g. front.jpg, cover.bmp, folder.png) [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]and a lot more but related specifically to x5 .... wish they could implement a good eq too[/COLOR] :rolleyes: [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]i think we will hear good news for our X3 soon [/COLOR]:beerchug:

+ + :)

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #12,133 of 17,484
Or in your case your girlfriends X3 :deadhorse:

Sometimes revealing too much info ... Twice now Peter123 ...me post came back to bite me ass.....but me already reach ZEN level ....happy thoughts happy thoughts.

Me was on the SMSL SAP-5s thread and me came up with brilliant idea ...next time she complained about me audio buying ...me will shoot back at her lovingly about her shoes collection ...and try very nicely to get back me Fiio x3 ..muahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #12,134 of 17,484
Sometimes revealing too much info ... Twice now @Peter123 ...me post came back to bite me ass.....but me already reach ZEN level ....happy thoughts happy thoughts.

Me was on the SMSL SAP-5s thread and me came up with brilliant idea ...next time she complained about me audio buying ...me will shoot back at her lovingly about her shoes collection ...and try very nicely to get back me Fiio x3 ..muahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

That's the way to do it. You're going to want that X3 when you get the B3's, excellent combo 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back