The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #10,891 of 17,483
I solved all my problems with FW3.0!

…I reverted to FW2.05 
ksc75smile.gif

Today I had to reset my player on EVERY album I tried and I had enough. 
I have tried 3.0 and 2.14 for the last few weeks and both turned my X3 into a self-inflicting torture device; crash crash crash crash!
So…now back to 2.05 and all files play, commands are sluggish again (no prob for me), and I have gapless back without the crashes with 2.1. yippee.

I also have to add that using a pair of Ortofon E-Q5's the X3 sounds best to my ears in it's early 2.05 state - the 3.0 was pretty light on the bass and 2.14 a little bright on my ears…now, I am back in flavour country and will be resisting throwing my X3 from the window of my early bus commute. This should never have to be so frustrating.

Good luck to all.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #10,892 of 17,483
2. This second issue could be something I am doing wrong - so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I have my music separated by CD. So in one folder, I will have subfolders CD1, CD2 etc. When I select CD1 to play, when it finishes those songs, I would love for it to automatically progress to CD2. Is there any way to set this?

Fiio's DAPs don't recognize CD# tags, however you can simply use tagging software to rename the CDs with the same name and increment CD2's track numbers accordingly.

So if you have CD1 with tracks 1-10 and CD2 with tracks 1-8, you would rename them both to CD with tracks 1-18.

That's the approach I've taken, and I honestly think it makes a lot of sense to do this. Splitting albums across multiple CDs was merely a byproduct/limitation of CD storage capability which no longer applies.

Free yourself from the shackles!

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #10,894 of 17,483
I bought Transcend micro sd card - 64 gb from a official reseller. I inserted it into x3 and it says card not found... the computer reads it without problem. Too much problems recently...since 3.1. Any suggestions?

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #10,895 of 17,483
I bought Transcend micro sd card - 64 gb from a official reseller. I inserted it into x3 and it says card not found... the computer reads it without problem. Too much problems recently...since 3.1. Any suggestions?

Did you format the card with the X3 first?

Jun 12, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #10,898 of 17,483

I agree with this. Gapless Shuffle is annoying and the difference in volume between some files is too great and can sometimes be startling. Going from a calm classical song to a loud, hard-hitting dubstep song, would probably make me **** my pants without the gap. When not knowing what song is coming up next, the gap is an ear-saver.

Very rarely do I listen to an album from beginning to end in sequence, and if I am, then I'm probably not doing that on my portable rig.

Well I thought gapless would only apply to songs of the same album played in sequence. If you really want to shuffle such mixed genres, then give your votes to Replaygain in bugzilla and consider applying replaygain to all tracks you transfer to the X3 until it is implemented.

Fiio's DAPs don't recognize CD# tags, however you can simply use tagging software to rename the CDs with the same name and increment CD2's track numbers accordingly.

So if you have CD1 with tracks 1-10 and CD2 with tracks 1-8, you would rename them both to CD with tracks 1-18.

That's the approach I've taken, and I honestly think it makes a lot of sense to do this. Splitting albums across multiple CDs was merely a byproduct/limitation of CD storage capability which no longer applies.

Free yourself from the shackles!

I have a little different approach. I'm numbering them 101-110 and 201-208 ...

I take it you are both referring to the tracknumber tag, rather than the file when you refer to renaming.
My files are stored as artist/album/cd# and tagged accordingly. I use HWTes's method when transferring to the SD card and retag tracknumber as discnumber tracknumer, which is simple to automate in foobar.

I would prefer it if the X3/5 would recognize the discnumber tag and have voted accordingly in bugzilla.

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #10,899 of 17,483
My X3 also have been acting funky since fw3.0 but all these issues that are currently acting up were non existent using fw2.0 to 2.14b :

- cant add songs to favourite ..it says " cannotnadd to favourite . please update media library" . Do as suggested but still the same. Took out my microsd and update the library and add one song from internal memory ..was able to and reinserted micro sd ..update library ...cannot add songs to favourite from internal or micro sd card

- everytime plug in to pc to add new album and when scrolling through the file ...a lot gibberish file is shown . All my songs are in mp3 format properly tagged and none of these files existed when using fw before 3.0.

Any suggestions ?

Update

Took out micro sd n format using x3 n re copy my album again to sd card
Format X3 and reinstalled fw3,0
Done update libarary to clean database
insert Micro sd and update library

Still the same issue with quick menu - not only not able to add fav but also the rest of quick menu is not functioning ..very frustrating

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #10,901 of 17,483
My X3 also have been acting funky since fw3.0 but all these issues that are currently acting up were non existent using fw2.0 to 2.14b :

- cant add songs to favourite ..it says " cannotnadd to favourite . please update media library" . Do as suggested but still the same. Took out my microsd and update the library and add one song from internal memory ..was able to and reinserted micro sd ..update library ...cannot add songs to favourite from internal or micro sd card

Any suggestions ?

Try deleting the media library file and making a brand new one?

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #10,902 of 17,483
  Remaining Issues with Firmware 3.0

There are still some issues with the playback of the X3 that have not changed with the firmware update. I will list them below in order of importance, 1 being the most important.

1. I have the player set to remember the last song, and last position that it was at when it was shut down. It seems a LITTLE bit better since the firmware update, but still at least once a day I turn on the unit and get the main menu - with no ability to go back where I was. This is a major issue for me since I use the X3 in my car, and have it semi-permanently connected. Perhaps for firmware 3.01 there could be the ability to utilize some of the built in memory to hard write the last position. Or even have a 'history' section, where I could start up from the last song even. Anything but being forced back to the main screen, having to remember which album, song, and time I was at after doing an appointment.

2. This second issue could be something I am doing wrong - so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I have my music separated by CD. So in one folder, I will have subfolders CD1, CD2 etc. When I select CD1 to play, when it finishes those songs, I would love for it to automatically progress to CD2. Is there any way to set this?

3. When I select a CD in ALBUM mode then turn the player off, and back on again - even when it resumes to the correct place, when I hit the 'back' button, it does not take me back to the ALBUM selections, but rather to the 'play all' list. This would be nice to fix - so after a weekend not using the car, I can hop in and immediately find which album I am on, and change it quickly if I want.

1. & 3.: vote for Bug 6 – navigate back through file tree from 'Now Playing' screen | navigation type forgotten after power off

2.: vote for Bug 176 – playback across multiple folders/category entries and optionally for Bug 106 – Disc id not recognized (double album)

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #10,903 of 17,483
  Well I thought gapless would only apply to songs of the same album played in sequence. If you really want to shuffle such mixed genres, then give your votes to Replaygain in bugzilla and consider applying replaygain to all tracks you transfer to the X3 until it is implemented.

I'm not a fan of Replay-Gain, either. Nor do I think it would work using the Line-Out on the X3, which is what I do. The less "software" changes to my audio files the better in my opinion. That's why I have a volume knob if needed.

But thanks anyway.

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #10,904 of 17,483

Users who are viewing this thread

Back