The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 1, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #10,666 of 17,484
I think we should all ask for visualisations, smoke bobs, VU's, frequency graph the whole works...

At least I could play Doom on my Clip...
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

I'd like a wet/dry vac feature for vacuuming LPs after I wash them.  Thanks!

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #10,667 of 17,484
I upgraded to 3.0 directly from 2.1 and it took a couple of days to get used to the new sound. Initially it sounded thinner and less meatier than the 2.1. But when it settled in...Wow!

I was not very impressed with the SQ earlier, but was willing to live with it considering the price and features.The difference the 3.0 made is truly jaw-dropping. Today, I tried it as a line out source for my modest NAD C320 + CA S30 speaker setup and was totally blown away all over again. Cannot believe a firmware update could make such a transformation. It's like a altogether new device!

Thank you Fiio, and all the people who worked on this. Am sure your service quality and genuine care for customers will take you a long way. Wish you all success!

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #10,668 of 17,484
So with the new firmware is there a noticeable difference between the x3 and the clip + ?  I like the clip a lot but it just doesn't have enough grunt for the hd25-II's I sometimes use.  Also does the x3 support the new 128 gig cards that have come out from sandisk recently?

Thanks

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #10,670 of 17,484
and now we have not working in X1, X3, X5 so it is too difficult to us to upgrading the firmware constantly. 

Sorry James can you explain this?

I take it as now is NOT too difficult to upgrade the firmware constantly, but I might be wrong.

I understand we (your users) shouldn't expect a big change in the FW as with 3.0, I would say most people here in this forum just want a few bugs fixed, some improvements (navigation, cover art support) and the playlist feature which has been confirmed already.

Keep up the good work.

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #10,671 of 17,484
Hi folks,

can you please help me with this issue. The hold button of my X3 broke off. Is there a possibility to buy somewhere a spare part? Also I just updated to FW 3.0. Really this is a jump in terms of SQ.

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #10,672 of 17,484
  Hi folks,

can you please help me with this issue. The hold button of my X3 broke off. Is there a possibility to buy somewhere a spare part? Also I just updated to FW 3.0. Really this is a jump in terms of SQ.

From when I bought a Fiio product and I thought it had a fault, I just sent it back to the seller I got it from and it turned out there was nothing wrong and it just got sent back. I think that if people try to mend Fiio products themselves, it may effect the warranty (except maybe the E12 DIY). I'm not sure if you can buy a spare part or not. If it is in warranty still, you may just have to send it back to Fiio or the seller you got it from and describe the problem. That is if you can do without it for while though.
There is one Fiio product that I have and it has a switch that came loose on it and I just tried fiddling and bending with the bit of plastic and got it back in. I don't think it was actually broken. it must have just come loose.
If your X3 isn't in warranty still, I am not sure what you could do with the hold switch.

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #10,673 of 17,484
  From when I bought a Fiio product and I thought it had a fault, I just sent it back to the seller I got it from and it turned out there was nothing wrong and it just got sent back. I think that if people try to mend Fiio products themselves, it may effect the warranty (except maybe the E12 DIY). I'm not sure if you can buy a spare part or not. If it is in warranty still, you may just have to send it back to Fiio or the seller you got it from and describe the problem. That is if you can do without it for while though.
There is one Fiio product that I have and it has a switch that came loose on it and I just tried fiddling and bending with the bit of plastic and got it back in. I don't think it was actually broken. it must have just come loose.
If your X3 isn't in warranty still, I am not sure what you could do with the hold switch.

Thanks for the reply, but I bought this unit second hand and there is no chance, that I am still in warranty.

Actually, it does not matter too much, yet to my eyes it is an imperfection, that I would like to remove :frowning2: The player, after this update, got even greater.

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #10,674 of 17,484

Thanks for the reply, but I bought this unit second hand and there is no chance, that I am still in warranty.

Actually, it does not matter too much, yet to my eyes it is an imperfection, that I would like to remove :frowning2: The player, after this update, got even greater.

Just contact FiiO, see what they can offer. The tiny switch is glued onto a bottom plate, so it could fall / knock off though doesn't affect the function. I would imagine with minimum cost, they might be able to send you some replacement to glue it back for yourself.

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #10,675 of 17,484
Or glue a little disk or dome on it yourself. The fun part would be finding what would work and look good. :wink:

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #10,676 of 17,484
Hi folks,

The exact same thing happened to me. I was walking out to my car when I felt it pop off. I was able to find it and stick it back in and it's holding for now. I think I'll just crazy glue it though.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #10,677 of 17,484
So with the new firmware is there a noticeable difference between the x3 and the clip + ?  I like the clip a lot but it just doesn't have enough grunt for the hd25-II's I sometimes use.  Also does the x3 support the new 128 gig cards that have come out from sandisk recently?

Thanks

When I was using iem ....i couldn't detect big difference between the clip & x3 in a blind test.... But any step up with on ear or over ear headphone ..the difference Will be there due to the more power and the dedicated amp chip

*edit : only mp3 320 was used in the blind test and only with IEM

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #10,679 of 17,484

Just contact FiiO, see what they can offer. The tiny switch is glued onto a bottom plate, so it could fall / knock off though doesn't affect the function. I would imagine with minimum cost, they might be able to send you some replacement to glue it back for yourself.

Or glue a little disk or dome on it yourself. The fun part would be finding what would work and look good.
wink.gif

The exact same thing happened to me. I was walking out to my car when I felt it pop off. I was able to find it and stick it back in and it's holding for now. I think I'll just crazy glue it though.

Unfortunately, I lost that little button. I just cannot find it. I will mail Fiio, maybe they can send it to me. BUT, thank you for your replies.

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #10,680 of 17,484
Hi!

I was hopping I can get some help after upgrading to FW 3.
I'm still getting use to the sound but have noticed that all of my music files show twice.
It looks to be hidden files. For example:If I have  file called "01 Let Her Go.m4a" I also see a ._01 Let Her Go.m4a"
Has anyone encounter this before? Any information would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back