The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 31, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #10,651 of 17,484
Wow...

Just voting for some of the new requests on the Bugzilla board and now I remember why I quit that foolishness way back. Too many clowns in the comments leaving their "Opinion" as to why someones choice should NOT be included...

Really guys, if you don't want something then Don't Vote for it.

It's just that simple.

May 31, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #10,652 of 17,484
Just added filed enhancement request (#182): Add album queuing feature - designate next album to play.

Wouldn't you prefer a proper in-player playlist support like I requested in Bug #47? This would be far more powerful and could easily be extended by a feature to add whole albums (as well as whole artists, genres or folders). A user named "defguy" already requested the possibility to add whole albums in a comment there. That way we could consolidate votes for this proposal at one place :)

Will do. I was hoping this would be a feature of the planned playlist option.

Although James confirmed M3U support to be added in the future I'm still sceptical if it is actually "planned". Unless someone from FiiO sets the status of bug #46 (and #47) to "IN_PROGRESS" I'm not absolutely positive...
Anyway, I hope too that adding whole albums (instead of only single tracks) will be possible in X3's "planned" M3U support
wink.gif

one thing i want to know .... all these features we have requested ..... it all will be a load on the hardware of the player and the responsiveness of it and make it more laggy and slow .. or what ?

Very unlikely! If properly implemented most of the requested features won't affect the devices responsiveness and there are even bug reports intending to improve X3's responsiveness, see bugs #20, #159, #167 or #23 for example
smily_headphones1.gif

And I guess the hardware of the X3 is enough powerful to support all of the requested features so far (except filters maybe) and capable of much more than you might think. Just compare the time the device needs to build the media library in FW 3.0 compared to 2.1. I hold the belief that in software development (as probably anywhere else) there's always room for improvement!

May 31, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #10,653 of 17,484
Wow...

Just voting for some of the new requests on the Bugzilla board and now I remember why I quit that foolishness way back. Too many clowns in the comments leaving their "Opinion" as to why someones choice should NOT be included...

Really guys, if you don't want something then Don't Vote for it.

It's just that simple.

+1

Wouldn't you prefer a proper in-player playlist support like I requested in Bug #47? This would be far more powerful and could easily be extended by a feature to add whole albums (as well as whole artists, genres or folders). A user named "defguy" already requested the possibility to add whole albums in a comment there. That way we could consolidate votes for this proposal at one place :)

Nope, I replied to you in the bugzilla. My needs are simple. If Fiio can implement what I asked for, I'll be happy. I have no need for static or dynamic playlists. Had those features for years with my iDevices and never used them. All I want to do is queue up another album while the current one is still playing to avoid gaps between albums. I can totally see why others want more complicated features, though. Hopefully, Fiio can find a way to accommodate both my simple and other people's more complex needs.

May 31, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #10,654 of 17,484
I think we should all ask for visualisations, smoke bobs, VU's, frequency graph the whole works...

At least I could play Doom on my Clip...
:D :beerchug: :D

May 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #10,656 of 17,484
Nope, I replied to you in the bugzilla. My needs are simple. If Fiio can implement what I asked for, I'll be happy. I have no need for static or dynamic playlists. Had those features for years with my iDevices and never used them. All I want to do is queue up another album while the current one is still playing to avoid gaps between albums. I can totally see why others want more complicated features, though. Hopefully, Fiio can find a way to accommodate both my simple and other people's more complex needs.

Ok, got your point. But you have to admit your demands would be satisfied with the possibility to create playlists directly on the player and being able to add whole albums to those playlists, right?

I'm pretty sure there's not much of a difference in the development effort between the implementation of an "album queuing feature" and what I proposed in Bug #47. But anyway, we'll see which (if any) proposal hits a future FW release first
wink.gif

May 31, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #10,657 of 17,484
Ok, got your point. But you have to admit your demands would be satisfied with the possibility to create playlists directly on the player and being able to add whole albums to those playlists, right?

I'm pretty sure there's not much of a difference in the development effort between the implementation of an "album queuing feature" and what I proposed in Bug #47. But anyway, we'll see which (if any) proposal hits a future FW release first :wink:

I'm not a software developer, so I won't presume to speak to how easy it would be to implement any of the features we're requesting.

I also don't see a problem decoupling feature requests - breaking them into more bite-sized pieces - instead of asking for several related features in one feature request.

When I interface with software developers at work, we usually provide the overarching, high-level needs and then follow-up by documenting all low-level needs one by one.

May 31, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #10,659 of 17,484
I don't want from my x3 to do all that ....all what I want is when I long press the back button I get a HD800 when I want to use a full can ...it is so simple :D

Well, that would be pretty nice, too. But wouldn't it be much nicer if the X3 provided a little whiskey or some Belgian beer to maximize your relaxation :wink_face:

May 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #10,660 of 17,484
Well, that would be pretty nice, too. But wouldn't it be much nicer if the X3 provided a little whiskey or some Belgian beer to maximize your relaxation
wink_face.gif

My wish is that X3 can provided a blonde! 
beerchug.gif

anyway, we have  promised that we will change the UI to GUI in one year ago and we did it. and please understand we will not provide such big improvement in the future, but we will keep upgrading some new features and fix some bugs with X5, cause they share the same database and media decoding code.

and now we have not working in X1, X3, X5 so it is too difficult to us to upgrading the firmware constantly. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #10,662 of 17,484
  but we will keep upgrading some new features and fix some bugs with X5, cause they share the same database and media decoding code.
= = = = 

Thank you James for the assurance and most of all, on delivering on Fiio's promises to its customers. I did notice though that with 2.1, I can update my library while I listen to a "Now playing" track. With 3.0, the "Now playing" stops while the update is in progress. I suppose this new implementation of the "Manual update" speeds things up a bit.

My "final request" would be an option to enable or disable "Play next album." For now, I get to do this, somewhat, by combining my music files in one folder and adding "01, 02, 03" and so on on the file names. In effect, my X3 plays "multiple albums."  I hope your team can make this an easier task for users who like this option. 
wink.gif

Fiio is to be commended for allowing people to enjoy high-quality listening experience at a reasonable expense. More power to you and everyone in Fiio.

May 31, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #10,663 of 17,484
Excellent job with the new firmware! The major problem, track navigation glitchiness, is fixed.

I only have three issues with the new firmware.

One is that there's not an option to go one level back in the directory when browsing files AND to go all the way back to the home screen. Sometimes it goes one level back when pressing back, other times it jumps all the way back to the home screen. This is annoying because when you're listening to say Miles Davis, you may have to go all the way back to browse and then scroll from A to M and find the Miles Davis folder.

Two is that the red highlight on what folder or song you're on isn't very strong and so its hard to know where you are when using the X3 outside.

Three is that the font for track information is pretty weak and often gets lost in the album art.

May 31, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #10,664 of 17,484
My wish is that X3 can provided a blonde! :beerchug:

anyway, we have  promised that we will change the UI to GUI in one year ago and we did it. and please understand we will not provide such big improvement in the future, but we will keep upgrading some new features and fix some bugs with X5, cause they share the same database and media decoding code.

and now we have not working in X1, X3, X5 so it is too difficult to us to upgrading the firmware constantly. 

Fair enough.... And I don't want any thing major ....that current firmware is nearly perfect... New features needed indeed :wink:
Thanks James

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #10,665 of 17,484
  Excellent job with the new firmware! The major problem, track navigation glitchiness, is fixed.

I only have three issues with the new firmware.

One is that there's not an option to go one level back in the directory when browsing files AND to go all the way back to the home screen. Sometimes it goes one level back when pressing back, other times it jumps all the way back to the home screen. This is annoying because when you're listening to say Miles Davis, you may have to go all the way back to browse and then scroll from A to M and find the Miles Davis folder.

Two is that the red highlight on what folder or song you're on isn't very strong and so its hard to know where you are when using the X3 outside.

Three is that the font for track information is pretty weak and often gets lost in the album art.

re #2; get my ui mod
biggrin.gif
 (actually my colour choices aren't that much better, tis pretty hard to see much on the x3 screen outdoors period)

re#3: there is a bug posted on bugzilla to address this (12-something I think, can't access bugzilla at the moment to check). There is a shade_bg png in the firmware to dim the bg, but it isn't used/working at the moment. I also noticed there is a file called "buttom_bg" (dims the bottom part of the screen - does work), so it could be something as simple to fix as a typo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back