The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 29, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #10,591 of 17,484
Maybe its the way I tag files, unsure and not a huge issue.

When i play back a FLAC song the name of the file is displayed at the bottom.
Right at the start of the playback the FLAC tags (Album, artist, track name) are displayed at the top of the play back screen.

A few seconds after that the FLAC tags disappear. No matter what I press or do they are never shown again.

not a big thing and its something to do with me i bet :wink: Anyone seen this?

May 30, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #10,592 of 17,484
I haven't read many good things on here about the high gain setting… that it makes the X3 hot and that it increases distortion.  Why is it even offered?  
I usually use low gain + SR80i, but sometimes I think that high gain plus my AKG K240 Studio sounds pretty good, although a bit hollow.
Does anyone use high gain on a daily basis?

May 30, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #10,593 of 17,484
  Maybe its the way I tag files, unsure and not a huge issue.

When i play back a FLAC song the name of the file is displayed at the bottom.
Right at the start of the playback the FLAC tags (Album, artist, track name) are displayed at the top of the play back screen.

A few seconds after that the FLAC tags disappear. No matter what I press or do they are never shown again.

not a big thing and its something to do with me i bet :wink: Anyone seen this?

That's one of the things I liked about 2.1.  The title and artist would stay up there, and file name at the bottom.

May 30, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #10,594 of 17,484
I haven't read many good things on here about the high gain setting… that it makes the X3 hot and that it increases distortion.  Why is it even offered?  
I usually use low gain + SR80i, but sometimes I think that high gain plus my AKG K240 Studio sounds pretty good, although a bit hollow.
Does anyone use high gain on a daily basis?
I found High Gain to just devour the battery, so I use the FiiO E12 for anything that requires high gain like the DT880 Pro's.

May 30, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #10,595 of 17,484
yeah, im super impressed with the connectivity and whatnot that the X3 has to offer but the UI so far has been a complete joke. list-style interface was far more preferable to this boxy thing, though thats not a huge dealbreaker with me.

Head over to the X3 UI mods thread and give Mr Trev's list mod a spin.  I really dig it, as does TrollDragon up there :).

LINK

May 30, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #10,600 of 17,484
I found High Gain to just devour the battery, so I use the FiiO E12 for anything that requires high gain like the DT880 Pro's.

I use high gain wit my AKG K550s because now FW 3.0 has a wider range of volume options, I found that you have to press the buttons a lot of times to get a big difference. That is why the high gain helps for me. I still prefer to have a volume dial easier that buttons. I sometimes do feel like strapping my E11 to the back just for that.

May 30, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #10,601 of 17,484
I've never heard any of this distortion with high gain, though I've only used it with my HD595 for the most part.

May 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #10,603 of 17,484

I use high gain wit my AKG K550s because now FW 3.0 has a wider range of volume options, I found that you have to press the buttons a lot of times to get a big difference. That is why the high gain helps for me. I still prefer to have a volume dial easier that buttons. I sometimes do feel like strapping my E11 to the back just for that.

Holding the button down will give you speedy increase/decrease

I just noticed that embedded artwork on an AAC/m4a file shows up on the X3 when using 3.0, and it usually didn't when using 2.1.
Yay.

Oh, and thanks guys about your takes on high gain.  I'll probably steer away from it.

Embedded artwork should work on all supported files except ogg
http://www.head-fi.org/t/717873/reference-table-for-album-art-tagging-and-lyrics-support-on-the-x5

May 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #10,604 of 17,484

I too prefer the sound signature of 2.1 to that of 3.0.
Before I go back, has anyone managed to recreate the 2.1 signature using the Bass / Treble settings on 3.0 ?
If so, what settings have you used.

May 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #10,605 of 17,484
i'm unsubscribing from this thread, as i don't have the X3 anymore, and the current firmware is completely unfammiliar to me, so i can't help you guys anymore.

enjoy the music :D

--CH23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back