The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 9, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #9,991 of 17,484

I'm really not used to shuffle. It may only be because I am used to my old player. I used to use the iAudio X5L and when that got to the end of one album, you could set it to automaticly move onto the next one (just as I said, in alphabetical order). When it gets through all of one artists albums, it just moves on to the next artist without me having to do anything. With the X3, it just stops at the end of an album. Maybe it isn't a normal thing for a media player to have but it's just not what I am used to. I think I will try and do something similar to what you said sometime.

You can try to see if you can request a feature like this on bugzilla.  See if there is any other people interested in this and if the developers thinks it's worth looking into.

May 9, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #9,992 of 17,484
Someone complained about the EQ function.  Oh yeah, it's pretty bad. It makes the player lag horribly, it lowers the volume significantly, and the controls are horrible.  Its virtually useless.  The beta firmware's making me angry since it crashes like every other song.  I like the sound so... and it is a beta so... whatever.  Can't wait till the new firmware come out.

May 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #9,995 of 17,484
I lied about not getting my fostex at full volume. When they are plugged into my RS 7000 and selected the correct tracks the headphones can really push not as much as my JVC but much higher than my X3

Does anyone know how I could measure the output of my RS 7000 I wanna compare it's headphone jack to the x3

May 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #9,997 of 17,484
  I lied about not getting my fostex at full volume. When they are plugged into my RS 7000 and selected the correct tracks the headphones can really push not as much as my JVC but much higher than my X3

Does anyone know how I could measure the output of my RS 7000 I wanna compare it's headphone jack to the x3

If you can possibly borrow one, I would use an oscilloscope. Play the same piece of music through each device and compare the levels on the 'scope.

May 10, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #9,998 of 17,484
After playing around with the latest firmwares and testing my X3 with all my phones, I'd like to request a feature for the upcoming firmwares. So, what about a Mid-gain setting? The differences between Low and High gain are too big IMO
redface.gif
and the Mid setting would top it off^^

Also would love to see some FQ response curves of the gain settings, because I'm not sure if this is a linearly applied High gain in the X3...?

May 10, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #9,999 of 17,484
  The 2.14b firmware has the same Library size limit as the new 2.0FW for the X5. The limit is 5800 tracks. This needs to be increased in order to take full advantage of large amounts of memory that can be install now with the 64 and 128 GB microSD's.........Jim

That ist really, really bad .... I just ordered 64GB. 
mad.gif

No playlist support and limited library are no-goes and have to be fixed - at least one of them!

May 10, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #10,000 of 17,484
May 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #10,001 of 17,484

I would say the difference in sound between one and the other is not great. I would not like to try to correctly identify each in a double blind test. I like both and haven't picked a favorite yet. If all you need is 64 the choice is easy.

A'ight, I managed to find the time and did the test in a retailer, their SQ are almost the same (maybe my entry-level headphone has something to do with it?). Really siding towards the X3 now; I can't justify the 230 bucks difference between the X3 and the X5.

Am I right to say that the 64GB card issue is still unresolved (and most probably will when the "rewritten" FW is done)?

May 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #10,002 of 17,484
  The 2.14b firmware has the same Library size limit as the new 2.0FW for the X5. The limit is 5800 tracks. This needs to be increased in order to take full advantage of large amounts of memory that can be install now with the 64 and 128 GB microSD's.........Jim

5800 tracks on 128GB means your average track size is 11MB. That would have to mean that you're not listening to anything much in high-res. The smallest file on my player at the moment is 17MB, and the average is roughly 100MB. Given that one of the main selling features of these devices is the ability to play files that are lossless and higher than 16bit 44.1 kHz, I have to wonder what the demand for having more that 5800 tracks in your library actually is for the target owner.

May 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #10,005 of 17,484
No worries, I assumed it was just a typo on your end and you meant to put 64 but had 128 in mind.  But even at 22.6meg per file, I know I have a 60 file collection of classical music that's roughly 18 gigs.  I wish I had done a better job with labeling them however, because its a real pain to find the particular cd I'm after sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back