The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 30, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #9,633 of 17,484
well, I´m back on stable 2.1
had several crashes/freezes in only 1h with 2.14b (stop playing, black display, only way was restart by long press power button [sleeptimer+gapless off])
Albumcover lags about 2-3 sec after skipping to next song.(no issue, just mentioned it)
And the UI doesn´t blow me away, tbh.
Main menue reminds me of standard mp4-players from 2008 :wink:
except black and pink theme, it´s hard to recognize the letters.
Quickmenue is quite ok, and for those who need EQ, it might be a benefit.

Still don´t see the value of "favorites" .....you can´t save/export them and they´re gone after library update (= every change of sd-card)

But I´ll try again when rc is ready...

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #9,634 of 17,484
"had several crashes/freezes in only 1h with 2.14b..." - When this happens, pull out the headphone jack and then re-insert it, everything is back to normal and you can play on. Quicker than a full restart.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #9,636 of 17,484
Okay, let's get the X3 internal beta group going.

Those interested, send me a pm titled "Re: X3 internal beta" with the following details
-email used for bugzilla account (or email that you intend to use with bugzilla account, if you haven't opened one yet)
-your knowledge and experience that you consider to be pertinent to beta testing the X3

Basic requirements for beta testers:
-experienced with use of the X3 and previous firmware
-experienced with the use of bugzilla

Beta testing conditions
-Testers should report bugs to bugzilla and provide detailed descriptions of conditions leading to the bugs
-Testers should not disclose or discuss bugs in public nor disseminate the beta firmware.

Tentative plan is to open a private bugzilla group (so that bugs relating to the internal betas would only be visible to testers and administrators), supplemented by either a Skype group, google group or head-fi group.

:beerchug:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #9,639 of 17,484
Yahoo!  I volunteered to be a contact with Fiio for the Audio Video Club of Atlanta Portable Audio Jam on Sunday, May 4.

http://a-vcoa.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=290418&item_id=313516&sl=268303750

As a result, I have had a few days to audition the NEW X5, the X3, and the E18.  Wow, call me impressed!

If you plan to be in the Atlanta area this coming Sunday, please feel free to stop on by and hear this new Fiio gear along with a lot of other portable audio equipment.  See our inventory at the following link:  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714128/atlanta-ga-a-vcoa-presents-may-4th-portable-audio-jam

You are absolutely welcome to attend and need not be a member of AVCOA.  If not a fan of Fiio now; you WILL be.

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #9,640 of 17,484
Props to Fiio for willing to work with customers in order to improve their products.
You don't really see this these days. I suspect it's more work for Fiio but glad to see company is committed to doing the right thing.

Aside from the x3 sounding great (purchased on in March 2014), it's backed by people who really care.

This is part of the reason I'm a  happy x3 owner.

Keep up great work Fiio!

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #9,641 of 17,484
  Props to Fiio for willing to work with customers in order to improve their products.
You don't really see this these days. I suspect it's more work for Fiio but glad to see company is committed to doing the right thing.

Aside from the x3 sounding great (purchased on in March 2014), it's backed by people who really care.

This is part of the reason I'm a  happy x3 owner.

Keep up great work Fiio!

That sounds awesome!

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #9,642 of 17,484
A pox on all of your houses.  The infection started with the E07 Andes has spread and now has manifested itself as an X3.

After battling with formatting the 64gb memory card and finally settling in on the utility from the Fiio site, I have loaded up this unit with tunes.

I am now forever spoiled and will have problems listening to MP3 and AAC files.  

With the modified beta firmware the unit is really "the cats Pajamas".

After years of neglect, my audiophile bug has become active again and I fear there is no antibiotic.

Next project is to convert a few ISO files to flavors of DSD that can play on this unit.  My computer audio to do list keeps growing.
Another hobby has taken root.  Ouch.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #9,643 of 17,484
Quote: Originally Posted by originalsnuffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A pox on all of your houses.  The infection started with the E07 Andes has spread and now has manifested itself as an X3.

After battling with formatting the 64gb memory card and finally settling in on the utility from the Fiio site, I have loaded up this unit with tunes.

I am now forever spoiled and will have problems listening to MP3 and AAC files.

With the modified beta firmware the unit is really "the cats Pajamas".

After years of neglect, my audiophile bug has become active again and I fear there is no antibiotic.

Next project is to convert a few ISO files to flavors of DSD that can play on this unit.  My computer audio to do list keeps growing.
Another hobby has taken root.  Ouch.

I don't think the DSD is native, feeding it out through Coax shows it's transcoded on the fly to PCM @ 88.2khz  I don't know about the bit depth but I'm guessing it's 24bit.  My receiver unit didn't show the bits.

That would also explain why the player is slower when using DSD as it has to transcode it.  So I think if you have already have DSD and just want it to play on the player than go for it so you don't have to recovert, but just know it isn't real DSD YET.

I don't see the real hype with DSD.  It's a huge pain to use and the only benefits are usually that albums are mastered better when they are put on those higher res formats.  I usually just get 24bit files when I can because they won't be clipping all the way through the file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back