The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 5, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #8,776 of 17,484
Is anyone aware if the new 128GB Micro SD cards are compatible with the X3?
I remember hearing somewhere that only SD cards up to 64GB are compatible

There was another guy in this thread that used a microSD -> SD ribbon adapter and managed to get an internal 128GB SD card working perfectly. It was still slow in terms of read/write (no usb3, about 4-8 MB/s transfer rates) but it worked without a hitch.

I figure these new 128GB ones will be plug and play, assuming you can format them correctly.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #8,777 of 17,484
I'm using the coax out to an Arcam rLink without any problems even with 24/192.
Maybe try another cable, I'm using a medium quality SPDIF cable (RCA-RCA) 1,5 m long and the supplied Fiio adapter.

PS: Optical has much more problems with 24/192. When you don't use high quality, short optical cable or the Toslink transmitter and receiver aren't able to handle the frequency needed for 24/192 you get crackles or the DAC won't even synchronize ...
Thanks HWTest!
I'll try a different cable, I only had a very long cheap audio RCA-RCA handy last night. I had a feeling it might of had something to do with it. I'll make up a nice short one and see how it goes, that hookup is not something I am going to use regularly just wanted to try it out.

Thanks for the info on the toslink, I was under the impression it was a better connection, but I see it has limits as well. :)

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #8,778 of 17,484

If you see this thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/707749/official-plans-for-firmware-updates-for-the-x3-after-version-2-10) you can read Fiio firmware plan, and point B for list bugs that they are working (with exclusion of freeze caused by gapless)

Yes I know. That is effectively a release schedule and this type of bug doesn't normally get listed on release schedules. It doesn't mean they aren't working on it.

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #8,779 of 17,484
  Yes I know. That is effectively a release schedule and this type of bug doesn't normally get listed on release schedules. It doesn't mean they aren't working on it.

Point 7. Correct bug where the first second of a song is sometimes skipped.

I think that type of this bug is similar to freeze bug

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #8,781 of 17,484
about bug type I think so: both random bug
about priority or difficult to solve it, surely freezes caused by gapless is more complex and important from a customer point of view (as you can see its priority in Bugzilla)

Mar 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #8,782 of 17,484
First time poster, seen the thread and tried to get an answer from the 500 plus pages but didn't see any.I've had my x3 for about 6 weeks now and it has recently started to shows signs of a fault. I have a mixture of flac/mp3 etc on the player and have a lot of mp3 DJ mixes on it. These mixes would be 1-2 hours long and played fine until a few days ago. Now, when I go to fast forward parts of the mix, the fast forward mechanism appears faulty. For example, if I want to fast forward to 40 minutes in and keep the buttom held until the 40 minute mark and then press play I expect the 40 minute track to play, but the song playing would only be about 5-6 minutes into the mix. I have tried this on numerous mixes, on a different TF card, internal and external storage. I am running FW 2.1 at present. I've tried reformatting via the X3 itself or with the PC, playing various formats but the problem still exists. Any clues what to do?

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #8,783 of 17,484

I'm pretty happy with my current set up I just hate that relay on the x3 when it clicks or refuses to play music hopefully I could get it repaired because it sounds blissful with my 535's on certain tracks. Yesterday, I got bit by a dog and didn't hear it until after it was tugging my pants, that's how good the isolation is on these. Also does anyone have any recommendations as to what the gain setting should be? I currently have it on high but idk.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #8,784 of 17,484

I'm pretty happy with my current set up I just hate that relay on the x3 when it clicks or refuses to play music hopefully I could get it repaired because it sounds blissful with my 535's on certain tracks. Yesterday, I got bit by a dog and didn't hear it until after it was tugging my pants, that's how good the isolation is on these. Also does anyone have any recommendations as to what the gain setting should be? I currently have it on high but idk.

Maybe the dog did not like your choice in music. Get him some ear plugs! (and a muzzle..)

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #8,785 of 17,484
Hey guys, I have probably a bit lame question.

Since FiiO recommends headphones with impedance >16 ohms ... what is happening when we use external speaker with low impedance - 4 ohm? For example x3 with divoom onbeat 200 speaker which I found has 4 ohm impedance? I guess that we will have poor performance...

Thanks

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #8,786 of 17,484
  Hey guys, I have probably a bit lame question.

Since FiiO recommends headphones with impedance >16 ohms ... what is happening when we use external speaker with low impedance - 4 ohm? For example x3 with divoom onbeat 200 speaker which I found has 4 ohm impedance? I guess that we will have poor performance...

Thanks

Altered frequencies == unpleasing sound

Mar 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #8,788 of 17,484
I don't know what is the output impedence of the line out, but line out is usually very high... like 100ohms or something. It's meant for er.. more normal speakers that have high input impedence
regular_smile .gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #8,789 of 17,484
You can't just go from the line out directly to the speakers. You won't have anywhere close enough power to drive them. The line out would go to a receiver or stereo amp which will amp the line out signal to power the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back