The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #8,206 of 17,484
X3 > Silver interconnect > C5D :) happy days

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #8,207 of 17,484
the next generation X3. maybe after 10 months.  Just like most company , we will upgrade our products per years.
That is a great business model if you are Apple or Sony, for a small company to have 10 different DAP SKU's on the market that are not at 100% bug free is another story. IMHO

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #8,208 of 17,484
That is a great business model if you are Apple or Sony, for a small company to have 10 different DAP SKU's on the market that are not at 100% bug free is another story. IMHO

got you point but I already say we are not just give up the old X3's firmware. and the X3 is designed in 2010. 

BTW, we are not going to have 10 DAP SKU's.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #8,210 of 17,484
I find the X3's headphone out too warm for my tastes, especially when using the Westone UM Pro30. The line-out is cleaner, pair that with a clean amp and it is brilliant. The UM Pro30 also have a very uneven impedance curve so amping does help.

Also the silver cable keeps the detail and sparkle, as the UM Pro30 already has great bass. If i need a bass boost, I prefer to use the amps bass-boost than the X3 EQ from the headphone out.

The X3 is powerful, and can drive my headphones fine, but I prefer the cleaner Line-out sound.

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #8,211 of 17,484
got you point but I already say we are not just give up the old X3's firmware. and the X3 is designed in 2010. 

BTW, we are not going to have 10 DAP SKU's.
That is very good to hear James! I have been down that road before where a purchased product was left on the back burner and never received any updates as all the R&D went into a a new product in a effort to "Keep Up" with the competition.

I love my many FiiO products and sing the praises of them anytime I can. It was just the mention of the X3k "Newer Version" that had me concerned. The X3 might have been conceived in 2010 or earlier but I don't think it hit the market then.

Keep up the great work with the firmware updates as there are many good suggestions in this thread.

:beerchug:

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #8,212 of 17,484
  I find the X3's headphone out too warm for my tastes, especially when using the Westone UM Pro30. The line-out is cleaner, pair that with a clean amp and it is brilliant. The UM Pro30 also have a very uneven impedance curve so amping does help.

Also the silver cable keeps the detail and sparkle, as the UM Pro30 already has great bass. If i need a bass boost, I prefer to use the amps bass-boost than the X3 EQ from the headphone out.

The X3 is powerful, and can drive my headphones fine, but I prefer the cleaner Line-out sound.

thanks for your reply :) ..... with my shure se535 it is warm but not too much ..... and i agree with you .. the line out is very powerful and clean .... i hated my fiio e11 with the ipod touch and loved it with x3 
k701smile.gif

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #8,213 of 17,484

the next generation X3. maybe after 10 months.  Just like most company , we will upgrade our products per years.

It would be awesome if Fiio would consider some kind of customer loyalty trade in program. I'm very happy with my X3 now, but if I could get a discount on the X3v2 when it is released I would absolutely jump at it, assuming that the newer version will have a wheel like the X5. I realize Sony/Apple/others don't bother to offer anything like this, but it could be an absolute coup for Fiio to be the first out the gate with such a program.
Looking forward to future updates (does this mean the X5 ui won't get ported now)
Cheers

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #8,214 of 17,484
  is it possible for the next X3 firmware to have the current playing folder being recalled when using the file browse option to navigate for songs?  I know that the X3 can recall the current song playing, but I'd like to see an option where the file browser opens on the current playing song and allows to continue navigating from there.

This would be great! It is frustrating to have to go back to the very beginning and navigate through all the folder structure again. This would indeed be convenient.

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #8,215 of 17,484

That's good to hear. I don't want to jump to >$400 price range for a DAP. So X5 and X3k are great options for me. The firmware is still buggy, but I want to continue using Fiio's for the slimmer design + sound quality + pricewise + great customer interaction

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #8,217 of 17,484
Right now I think the only major thing X3 is missing is support for playlist files like .m3u.

Once that functionality can be added, most of the qualms are just in ease of use and not really functionality.  The next level things in my mind are somehow improving the library generation if possible (it is very slow and seems to break after ~5k songs) and the multi-level browsing mentioned by others previously, though I thought I remember seeing that the X5 already has this so you would probably have it in the works for X3 :p

Anyway, I'll still enjoy my X3 regardless.  Since New Year celebrations have started I might just have a temporary solution of uploading each of my playlists to a separate folder and just using each folder as a makeshift playlist...

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #8,218 of 17,484

? does the material of the interconnect cable and headphone cable make difference really 

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #8,219 of 17,484
 ? does the material of the interconnect cable and headphone cable make difference really 
Only to your wallet... Some claim to hear a difference, I cannot.

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #8,220 of 17,484
Lets not start a flame war on cables, as it is a touchy subject here on head-fi.

Personally I believe I can hear a difference.

My advise, don't dismiss it before you've tested different cables. Headphone cables usually have the most impact, then interconnects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back