The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 18, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #8,026 of 17,483
:xf_eek:
I'm just going to use dbpoweramp and convert my flac files to alac, lossless is lossless, and run it out the line level dock connector to my e11. I've tried my mp3's that way and it sounded real good. I just need to convert and re rip some now. I'm sure the X3 has some SQ advantages but I like the classic interface. No perfect answers with audio.

The interface is a big, big deal (at least to me) its also about how you use the device, for example: if one drives (a lot), a fast easily visible interface or easily accessible buttons might be preferable. Rockbox is bloody great, but in all honesty, the classic ipod screen o/s is better for my vision. Thats why I ordered an older gen ebay ipod and the x3.....one will go.
My library is about 50/50 flac and alac.
The only thing I don't like about alac is that it's .m4a, which is also how .acc files can show as. So I am (right now!) in the process of checking all my .m4a files.
No....no perfect answer, but seriously, it (your pod) will still sound really nice, especially through the line level....it's the 21st century right? :)

T.

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #8,027 of 17,483
Well...after a bit of use I concur on most of the points mentioned on this thread. The interface sucks...lol. I have to look online for most of the things I need to do e.g.creating playlists. Nothing much you can do in terms of EQ as far as I have seen, just bass and treble. Definitely needs some getting used to. 

But, the sound out of this thing is pretty amazing. I did audition the classic before going for the x3 and I think the sound out of X3 is more lively and is well defined. Even with my PX 200 this thing sounds amazing and listening to Chesky's Binaural album is a pleasure.  

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #8,028 of 17,483
Now i am using x3 with bass -2 & -4  .....it is much clearer to my ears that way and still has a nice amount of bass 
smile_phones.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #8,029 of 17,483
Now i am using x3 with bass -2 & -4  .....it is much clearer to my ears that way and still has a nice amount of bass :smile_phones:
Wow. You must not like wub wub wub?

But I feel ya. In ideal situations where im critically listening, a -2dB bass is good. But on the go.....

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #8,030 of 17,483

But I feel ya. In ideal situations where im critically listening, a -2dB bass is good. But on the go.....

Yeah, plus outside the bass quantity diminishes slightly anyways because of all ambient noise. Of course that depends on what headphones/IEMs you use.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #8,031 of 17,483

yep ..... i also wondering .....is it possible with the future update to be able to save the bass & treble presets ?? 
and even could change the bass & treble hard ware frequencies ?
those to options would be very nice addition 
etysmile.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #8,037 of 17,483
X3 (+10dB) plus E12 (Bass Boost) plus Andes bass boost

Equals Skrillex?

Equals SORRY WHAT I COULDN'T HEAR WHAT YOU WERE SAYING

As i mainly use the Grado GR10 IEMs, the warm sound isn't that annoying, as these earphones have less bass than the full sized Grado i've heard. (Except for maybe the 325is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back