The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #7,966 of 17,484
  is fiio x3 lacks resolution ? or its analog sound is what giving me that illusion ?! 
rolleyes.gif
 it is very enjoyable ....but i took some time to get used to it and i want to ask  adding jds labs C5 to it .....does it increases the sound quality? .. changes the sound signature ? or it will not make any difference ! 

Lacks resolution? Definitely not the case here.

Perhaps its either the files you're playing through them, or your IEM/HPs?

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #7,967 of 17,484

Lacks resolution? Definitely not the case here.

Perhaps its either the files you're playing through them, or your IEM/HPs?

so it is the files bro .... as i use shure se535 with it ....BUT i think it is the warmness of the amp that makes that feel :)
BTW it is effortlessly  detailed :) but the excessive warmness that makes me feel  that as i make the treble +1 and sounded better to me 

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #7,968 of 17,484
Arrrgh! Mine is on it's way from H.K as I type.
After all my moaning and procratination. I am very excited to be getting it.

Have come to the conclusion today that there are no really good tag editors for Osx. I have a windows machine too and am seriously considering doing it on all on that.
Does anyone use a mac for their editing? If so what editor do you use? (Have read through a few posts here but they are a bit old).

Thnks.
T.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #7,970 of 17,484
Have come to the conclusion today that there are no really good tag editors for Osx. I have a windows machine too and am seriously considering doing it on all on that.
Does anyone use a mac for their editing? If so what editor do you use? (Have read through a few posts here but they are a bit old).

Thnks.
T.

I use Media Rage. It does everything I need and then some. I've been using it for years and I'm a huge fan. It's also $30, which seems to offend some people. But if you're looking for something that can get the job done, that's what I'd recommend. If you're looking for something for free, I can't help you. :)

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #7,971 of 17,484

I use Media Rage. It does everything I need and then some. I've been using it for years and I'm a huge fan. It's also $30, which seems to offend some people. But if you're looking for something that can get the job done, that's what I'd recommend. If you're looking for something for free, I can't help you. :)

Everyone always prefers free stuff, unless there are none. :)

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #7,972 of 17,484
Jan 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #7,973 of 17,484

more info on this please?
can you even swivel it around?

I'm more interested in what it does and which improvements it brings (if any).

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #7,976 of 17,484
Hi All,

Just got my X3 and apologies if this has been covered before but I have searched with no success.

Simple question...can I only update the firmware on the x3 with a TF card?

I didn't even think of buying a card in advance and didnt think I would need one to simply update the firmware.

Thanks in advance,

Mark. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #7,977 of 17,484
  Hi All,

Just got my X3 and apologies if this has been covered before but I have searched with no success.

Simple question...can I only update the firmware on the x3 with a TF card?

I didn't even think of buying a card in advance and didnt think I would need one to simply update the firmware.

Thanks in advance,

Mark. 

Yes, only with a TF/ Micro SD card.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #7,978 of 17,484
What's the point of a balanced headphone out if the dac and amp are not balanced?

That mod taps into the balanced signal from the DAC (yes, the DAC does output balanced signal, which is converted to single-ended) and outputs it as a balanced line-out. That means it needs to go into a balanced external amp.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #7,979 of 17,484
  You mean latest firmware is 2.1, don't you? 

Hahahaha,... yeah, I see now jimmers! LOL! Guess I'm guilty of driving while exhausted. LOL! I'll remedy that as soon as I get in from work. Besides, I'm noticing some weird goings-on when it comes to how songs appear and act once loaded onto the X3. Some Album Art shows, some don't,... I need to nail why and why not. Some songs play, some do not,... need to nail the same. Loaded Les McCann & Eddie Harris Swiss Movement (FLAC) last night,... art work shows but nothing played. So I won't mind so much wiping the SD card to do the update, then putting my music back on,... with care this time. Gotta say the button arrangement ain't all that intuitive, but I do enjoy the music coming out of this thing. Thanks again.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #7,980 of 17,484
It has arrived! :D

upagu6a2.jpg

Sent from my baked potato

Users who are viewing this thread

Back