The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 6, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #7,563 of 17,484
yeah
sd card is mentioned as separate drive besides x3
clear
i copied x3 firmware downloaded folder into sd card and done as procedure specified in user manual
it says file not found
should i copy x3.fw into root folder of sd card...??

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #7,564 of 17,484
yeah
sd card is mentioned as separate drive besides x3
clear
i copied x3 firmware downloaded folder into sd card and done as procedure specified in user manual
it says file not found
should i copy x3.fw into root folder of sd card...??
Is x3.fw named just that. It CANNOT have a (1) after it.

Also make sure it is in the main root level.

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #7,568 of 17,484
as i had recent problems with my X3, namely it just stopping at the end of a track, even when it should continue to the next, i've deleted the database and playlist files.

now updating the whole thing, i'll let you know if this fixes it (i assume it will)

edit 1: it's been updating for approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes now, for some reason i think it's not going to ever finish ;P

maybe 70GB is too much for a single update.

edit 2: after a reboot and another update, it's all there. i hope any issues present are now fixed.

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #7,570 of 17,484
  as i had recent problems with my X3, namely it just stopping at the end of a track, even when it should continue to the next, i've deleted the database and playlist files.

now updating the whole thing, i'll let you know if this fixes it (i assume it will)

edit 1: it's been updating for approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes now, for some reason i think it's not going to ever finish ;P

maybe 70GB is too much for a single update.

edit 2: after a reboot and another update, it's all there. i hope any issues present are now fixed.

Yes, the X3 has some problems with updating huge amounts of folders or files with a blank database I have found. 

I once had a problem where after deleting the database, the X3 wouldn't auto categorize anything until I had it update my songs and folders in chunks. Meaning I had to move files out of the X3, and slowly move them in and update. 

But other times, I can get it with one whole update. Yeah, the X3 is weird. 

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #7,572 of 17,484
  Hi Guys,

Is there still an issue with the X3 displaying cover art?
I have some songs with cover art, but others with nothing, but I have updated everything with Foobar2000?

Any ideas?

You can't add or change files once they are already on the X3.

Those files that you changed on the X3 to add cover art or what not or something? Take them off the X3. Update X3. Put them back on X3, in a different folder. 

Try this.

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #7,573 of 17,484
  You can't add or change files once they are already on the X3.

Those files that you changed on the X3 to add cover art or what not or something? Take them off the X3. Update X3. Put them back on X3, in a different folder. 

Try this.

Yeah I've done that too. All my files already have cover art not attached whilst on the X3, but the unit only displays a few songs compared to all of them which do have cover art. Maybe just another firmware issue?

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #7,574 of 17,484

Yeah I've done that too. All my files already have cover art not attached whilst on the X3, but the unit only displays a few songs compared to all of them which do have cover art. Maybe just another firmware issue?

What firmware are you running.

Are you certain every song has cover art?

Did the songs have cover art before you initially moved them onto X3?

What file format are they? Please specify the codec. (example being .m4a being the same file extension for ALAC and AAC)

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #7,575 of 17,484
  What firmware are you running.

Are you certain every song has cover art?

Did the songs have cover art before you initially moved them onto X3?

What file format are they? Please specify the codec. (example being .m4a being the same file extension for ALAC and AAC)

The firmware is 2.1. I think it's the most recent on the website.

All the songs have cover art before being moved onto the X3 and they are all FLAC files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back