The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 10, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #7,021 of 17,484
I wasn't able to determine if the Fiio X3 supports cue files for mp3's.  Once I upgraded to firmware 2.1, I was able to get cue files for FLACs to work, but haven't been successful for mp3 files.  If it does work, are there are any tricks or techniques that I need to be aware of to make it work?  Thanks!

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #7,022 of 17,484
you should use the format feature in the X3
I'd have to second using the built-in format feature. I used a third-party program, but I had the wrong settings the first time so I ended up wasting time writing files to a card format that the X3 wouldn't read.
Most if not all 64GB microSD cards are formatted using exFAT, because they're usually used in cameras. Any formatting program (including Windows itself) can reformat it as FAT32, but I agree with the other posters that the format software built into the X3 is the best way to go.

What would the built in software do differently/better than say diskpart in windows? A proper formatting sure will take some time, but I'm having a hard time believing that the X3 would have issues with a proper formatted FAT32? or would this be more of a convenience thing for most people?

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #7,023 of 17,484
What would the built in software do differently/better than say diskpart in windows? A proper formatting sure will take some time, but I'm having a hard time believing that the X3 would have issues with a proper formatted FAT32? or would this be more of a convenience thing for most people?

It's the convenience and ensuring that you have a proper format. Obviously you can do it through Windows, but like I said...there's the potential for improper formatting which quite a few people have done, including me. I ended up getting a proper format the second time once I changed a setting on the program that I used.

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #7,024 of 17,484

It's starting to get a bit annoying reading this same convo every 50 or so pages in this thread, so here's a summary:

Windows doesn't like formatting 64GB cards to fat32, then 2 different programs wrre mentioned that do this, one from verbatim, and the other one i don't remember.
Now you can format the 64GB cards to fat32, but the cluster size was set too large for the X3 to be able to use it.
For this reason FiiO build in a formatting tool.

Dec 10, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #7,025 of 17,484
It's starting to get a bit annoying reading this same convo every 50 or so pages in this thread, so here's a summary:

Windows doesn't like formatting 64GB cards to fat32, then 2 different programs wrre mentioned that do this, one from verbatim, and the other one i don't remember.
Now you can format the 64GB cards to fat32, but the cluster size was set too large for the X3 to be able to use it.
For this reason FiiO build in a formatting tool.

Aha, I have never noticed/had that issue before but if that's the case, maybe add something to the first post about it to inform people about it?

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #7,026 of 17,484
So, now I'm an X3 owner.
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #7,027 of 17,484
Dec 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #7,028 of 17,484
Congratulations! Enjoy your music
biggrin.gif

Waiting for my Amperior and SE 215. One for portable, another one for low profile listening. Merry Christmas! Well, celebrate Christmas with wine and headphone on the table indeed different from my last Christmas.

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #7,029 of 17,484
Since a Week now, i proudly own a FiiO X3.

Before that i was listening just with my Samsung Note 2 and my Sennheiser HD25-II

Until i first pressed Play on the Fiio i never knew what exactly the HD25-II were capable of. Obviously now i do. Now i feel deeply ashamed and sorry for my Se

Thanks to everyone responsible for this sweet piece of gear! It really is a blast to listen to it with the HD25. The Sound is just amazing compared to what i had. Absolutely worth every single buck spent!

Now i use them either with my HD25-II or with my AKG K702 depending on the situation

BR Auxweg

BTW: the FiiO already smoked several headphones. Most due to incorrect use of others not asking me to test it, but some because i just was curious:

Skullcandy InEars - a friend plugged them into LineOut without my permission to use my FiiO
Sony MDR XB300 - my brother wanted to test them with volume 40 and bass +10
Monster Beats by Dr.Dre - workmate plugged them into LineOut when i was at lunch (thus not asking me)
Some Noname InEars i got for free in a Train - volume 26, treble +3 and bass +5 was already too much
X-Mini II Capsule - my smallest brother discovered: it seems that volume 55 and bass +10 is not the best idea.

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #7,031 of 17,484
I've had the x3 for a couple months now and love it but it does have issues with copying files to the sd card through the player connected to my computer. I just recently after copying a couple new albums had my microsd decide to go read only on me and every trick to fix didn't work so I RMA'd last night when I got my new 64gb card in the mail. So I put the new card directly into the player and used its format built in to ensure no problems then proceeded to copy my 60gb collection onto it over night, now today I get to work and plug in to find out somewhere like 2/3 of my music isn't starting at the beginning of the track but midway through :frowning2: so I'm going to erase it all and use my clip+ to copy the music over. When I first got the device a while back and did my first copy of music I was missing a lot of track 1's for whatever odd reason too.

I love the device and it's sound quality but these bugs make me hesitant to pick up the x5 when it comes out :/

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #7,032 of 17,484
Dec 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #7,033 of 17,484
Dec 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #7,034 of 17,484
I am having an issue I hope someone can help me with. On my X3, I have two tracks in an album that has the wrong tags (wrong album name). So it shows up as two albums.

What I mean is say, I have: Michael Jackson - Thriller. But the last two tracks were incorrectly tagged as Dangerous album. When I list albums, I see Thriller and Dangerous. I corrected the ID3 and rescaned.

I still see the two albums. When I play either of those two tracks and do an "info" on the tracks, I see that they are correctly tagged Thriller.

How do I fix this?

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #7,035 of 17,484
  I am having an issue I hope someone can help me with. On my X3, I have two tracks in an album that has the wrong tags (wrong album name). So it shows up as two albums.

What I mean is say, I have: Michael Jackson - Thriller. But the last two tracks were incorrectly tagged as Dangerous album. When I list albums, I see Thriller and Dangerous. I corrected the ID3 and rescaned.

I still see the two albums. When I play either of those two tracks and do an "info" on the tracks, I see that they are correctly tagged Thriller.

How do I fix this?

Sometimes the database gets corrupted and the only way to correct it is to delete it. Follow the instructions below...

How to delete database files from your X3:

http://fiio.com.cn/support/detail.aspx?ID=100000037065714

Some people say you should delete the journal file as well (in the same folder as the db file):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/5520#post_9859470

Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back