The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #14,146 of 17,484
   The following changes and improvements were made to firmware  3.30 compared to FW3.0:

10 new features:
1. Added support for M3U playlists.
2. Added support for ExFAT formatted micro SD cards.
3. Added 5-band equalizer and support for equalizer presets (via  changing provided presets).
4. Added support for folder-based album art (e.g. "cover.jpg" for all  songs in a folder).
5. Added playback support for multichannel recordings.
6. Added feature to display ID3-based song title rather than  filename in Now Playing screen.
7. Added Sleep timer, with on/off toggle switch and timer setting.
8. Added support for UTF-8 (no BOM) and Unicode LRC lyrics  files.
9. Media library will now auto-update upon insertion and removal of  TF (microSD) cards when media library update is set to Auto.
10. Added option to display "all songs" by an artist as well as  selecting individual albums by an artist.

Several optimizations:
1. Optimized playback of raw AAC files (.aac files)
2. Fixed issue where hidden files would be generated in the X3  after connection to Mac and other Unix-based computers and  affect file browsing afterwards.
3. Optimized song ordering in albums.
4. Optimized randomization of songs in shuffle mode.
5. Fixed issue where m4a and FLAC tracks may skip unexpectedly  when played from an NTFS formatted card;
6. Various other bug fixes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmxoypm708foi9g/X3FW3.3.zip?dl=0

Thanks James, Love the new firmware! Nice job.

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #14,150 of 17,484
Thank you so much for continuing to improve the X3. This was one of the first FiiO products I bought but your presence here while always working to make it a better player convinced me to buy other FiiO gear like three amps and another DAP. James, having you available here for feedback and support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again and take care. 

Dec 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #14,153 of 17,484

NEW STUFF coming??

Can't wait! I hope it will be either a new top of the line model or a replacement for the X3.... ohhhh the suspense.

Cheers,
K

A X3K for January according to my dealer
smile_phones.gif

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #14,154 of 17,484
  the official new firmware 3.3 for X3 will be release in the coming hours as Christmas gift for X3's user! 
L3000.gif

Just in time for the holidays. Thanks.

ps...I'll try to get my themes updated before years end.

Happy Christmas, and merry new year to all. 

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #14,155 of 17,484
  Re: FW3.30

Is anyone else getting "Unknown Artist" displayed whenever the song starts playing?

Having this issue too on all files (all FLAC).

6. Added feature to display ID3-based song title rather than  filename in Now Playing screen.

Even when I set the filename display option to "Title", the label shown in the Now Playing screen shows the filename with the extension (.flac, .mp3, etc.) cropped rather than the title set in the ID3 tag. E.g. if the filename is "01 - TrackTitle.flac" with the ID3 title set to "ABCD", the Now Playing screen should show "ABCD" at the bottom but instead its showing "01 - TrackTitle".

I bet I can live with these "cosmetic" issues though.
Lastly, thanks @JamesFiiO for another great release.

Dec 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #14,157 of 17,484
Dec 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #14,158 of 17,484
Just in time for the holidays. Thanks.

ps...I'll try to get my themes updated before years end.

Happy Christmas, and merry new year to all. 

I actually have that album. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back