The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #79 of 17,484
What is most important is not the DAC chip itself, but its implementation. Only time will tell--and if the E17 is, as stated above, any indication of what the X3 will sound like, we should have a J3 killer indeed.

That seems a bit of an exaggeration to me. I think it is however fair to say that both are considerably important

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #80 of 17,484
Got this update from facebook

"Some news of our 192k/24bit Digital Audio Player X3.

We still working hard in the project because we are not satisfy with the current version and will like to make it better, so it will cost us some more days to modify the current design and them take 15 days to finish the last version of PCB design. it is a 6 layers PCB so it take long time than other models.

Now the most important thing is that we will like to add LOD to every power supply to DAC, Vol Control chip and even the amp section to get the best audio performance. also we compare to some other DAPs and I am very proud that we have not put a output resistor after the amp output so the frequency keep still very flag when I test my ES5 connect to the headphone out. also we have not put a output capacitor after the amp out because the amp is supplied by +/- voltage and also there are a relay to protect any DC voltage and over current.

We can understand that our fans already waiting for it so long time, and what I can say is that it is worth to wait a little more time to make it better. 

About the features and the UI, there are some detail to be improved but it is almost finished. but just can't meet our quality requirement."

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #81 of 17,484
I'll just get the Cowon D20 to hold me over till this hits. Cowon, outdated but nice sounding tech at it's (sic!) finest!!!!! :rolleyes::wink::D

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #82 of 17,484
Quote:
Got this update from facebook

"Some news of our 192k/24bit Digital Audio Player X3.

We still working hard in the project because we are not satisfy with the current version and will like to make it better, so it will cost us some more days to modify the current design and them take 15 days to finish the last version of PCB design. it is a 6 layers PCB so it take long time than other models.

Now the most important thing is that we will like to add LOD to every power supply to DAC, Vol Control chip and even the amp section to get the best audio performance. also we compare to some other DAPs and I am very proud that we have not put a output resistor after the amp output so the frequency keep still very flag when I test my ES5 connect to the headphone out. also we have not put a output capacitor after the amp out because the amp is supplied by +/- voltage and also there are a relay to protect any DC voltage and over current.

We can understand that our fans already waiting for it so long time, and what I can say is that it is worth to wait a little more time to make it better. 

About the features and the UI, there are some detail to be improved but it is almost finished. but just can't meet our quality requirement."

Sweet. Adding to the first post.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #83 of 17,484
APE 192/24 insane mode stress test?
Just an idea. The 600Mhz dual core seems capable. If the X3 can decode that then it can decode anything. If not then perhaps the specs can be slightly revised.
Hopefully feiao is still participating. He seems to post less often in this thread compared to the other one.

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #84 of 17,484
I wondered where everyone went to...lol. Took me long enough to find it! LOL

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #85 of 17,484
Quote:
APE 192/24 insane mode stress test?
Just an idea. The 600Mhz dual core seems capable. If the X3 can decode that then it can decode anything. If not then perhaps the specs can be slightly revised.
Hopefully feiao is still participating. He seems to post less often in this thread compared to the other one.

Who uses APE anymore? 
blink.gif

First thing I do if I happen upon APE files is convert them to FLAC. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #86 of 17,484
Are we still looking at a realistic June release here in the States?

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #88 of 17,484
Please take a look at this and tell me what you guys think: http://www.head-fi.org/t/651774/fiio-x3-project-part-2#post_9243597

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #89 of 17,484
Quote:
Please take a look at this and tell me what you guys think: http://www.head-fi.org/t/651774/fiio-x3-project-part-2#post_9243597

My guess is pre-order, but I still wouldn't trust it at this point.

Mar 10, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #90 of 17,484
I wouldn't say it's a pre-order. I've seen people do the same thing with announced, but unreleased products. When the ipad mini was introduced, ebay sellers would list the product on their page even though they didn't have any in stock. Then when they got some inventory, they'd ship to those who purchased via their listings.

It seems like this is more of a "hold my spot" deposit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back