The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #8,851 of 17,484
Try shutting off the Memory position and see if FF works properly again.

turned off "memory play" which made no difference.  Assuming that's what you meant. 
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #8,852 of 17,484
Mar 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #8,853 of 17,484
Today, I tried the new SanDisk 128GB card (formatted to FAT32 with guiformat.exe) in the AK100 and the Fiio X3. Both work fine. 

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #8,854 of 17,484
i think if you have hifiman hm601 .. sony walkman x... headamp pico ... then you won't need the X3 :D  

The batteries on those DAPs are dying, unfortunately. :p

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #8,855 of 17,484
  How play music in DAC mode under linux?

I try connecting but never detect, I listed a ALSA sound devices but not listed a X3, But i listed a usb devices and X3 is listed correcty

¿Need a driver DAC for linux?

I try in Debian 7 

Thanks!

Make sure that it is recognised.  Open up a terminal and type in
Code:
lsusb

Look for FiiO.  If it's not there you need to update your kernel.  If it is there, install PulseAudio control.  After installation go to the last tab and disable the onboard sound and it will force the X3 to be the primary output.  Enjoy.

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #8,857 of 17,484
  Anyone else getting random freezes on the X3? Mine has been doing this for the past few days. It just wont play some tracks, and then just randomly shuts off.

Yeah, I've had that issue a few times. It doesn't ever seem to occur while I'm looking at the player, though.

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #8,858 of 17,484
Anyone else getting random freezes on the X3? Mine has been doing this for the past few days. It just wont play some tracks, and then just randomly shuts off.

Just to update, my problem happens when I use Gapless Playback.

Sometimes it just won't play the next track, freezes, shuts down and is unresponsive for the next 2 minutes or so.

Anyone else experienced this?

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #8,860 of 17,484
Its funny because it only happens for some albums, not all. I thought at first that the issue might have been from my files, but now that you confirmed this issue, im starting to think otherwise. Firmware update, please!

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #8,863 of 17,484
I have found that version 1.31 was the last stable release for the X3 as it fixed the hanging issue in version 1.23. Version 2.1 is mostly a disaster. My unit couldn’t play three songs without locking up and you need a paperclip to reset it. Being that nothing has come out of FiiO to support the X3 since version 2.1 in December of last year and they stopped responding to emails, I’m not expecting further support for the X3. I think they are focusing on the X5.

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #8,864 of 17,484
I have found that version 1.31 was the last stable release for the X3 as it fixed the hanging issue in version 1.23. Version 2.1 is mostly a disaster. My unit couldn’t play three songs without locking up and you need a paperclip to reset it. Being that nothing has come out of FiiO to support the X3 since version 2.1 in December of last year and they stopped responding to emails, I’m not expecting further support for the X3. I think they are focusing on the X5.

I use the latest firmware on my X3 and have minor stability issues but nothing that constitutes a "disaster".

Fiio has already provided an estimated date for the next X3 firmware update, has a bugzilla site for end users to submit bugs and feature requests, and started a thread on Head-fi outlining plans for future X3 firmware fixes and new feature implementations. Do a quick search, take a look, and calm down. They're working hard on X5 and X3!

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #8,865 of 17,484

There's a 3(?) month long chinese holiday during januari, februari. This is most likely why you didn't get any response. Furthermore they have started a bugzilla group for bugs, and james has recently posted an update on future bugfixes and changes to the X3's firmware. I agree that so far >2 has been less stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back