The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #6,976 of 17,484

Do you have any old phones around? I found a 1GB card in an old Samsung feature phone I had in a drawer. If not, the 1GB cards must be dirt cheap on eBay. Your local phone store probably has a drawer full of them, too, you could ask around.

1GB used to be very expensive and a large of storage for phone last time. But nowadays, 1GB only allow 2-3 of my FLAC music.

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #6,977 of 17,484
Nah read on further it says it can be 1G to 32G. Still annoying.

I know, but what I'm saying is (and I wasn't clear) that you can't use a 64gb, which is all I have at the moment. :)

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #6,978 of 17,484
Just recently got my X3 through the Adorama sale...

A few questions/observations:

3) Some screen protector questions...one was on the player out of the box, 2 new in the box.  There were a few air bubbles under the screen protector...I attempted to peel off the sticker, which wouldn't come off cleanly and left a ton of adhesive.  Now the screen protector is nothing but air bubble pockets and cosmetically looks pretty bad.  Any tips on putting on one of the new ones?  Can you even find extras to buy if you need to?  I found this listing and was wondering if anyone's tried these yet:  http://xoskins.com/media-player-skin-protectors/fiio-screen-protectors/fiio-x3-screen-protector

Other than those issues, have been enjoying the sound quality of all my 16/44, 24/96, and 24/192 FLAC files.  Amplification is more than adequate for my Beyerdynamic DT1350s.  I noticed a slight cyclic noise when I turned my amp all the way up when I tried it out as a DAC, but this didn't get in the way of the sound of files during playback at a lower volume.

For the screen protector that was already installed, you don't just remove the tab portion - you remove that entire thing. The protector is already on the screen and that was just the backing.

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #6,979 of 17,484
For the screen protector that was already installed, you don't just remove the tab portion - you remove that entire thing. The protector is already on the screen and that was just the backing.

I blame the whiskey! 
k701smile.gif
  Thanks, deltasun!

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #6,980 of 17,484
I know, but what I'm saying is (and I wasn't clear) that you can't use a 64gb, which is all I have at the moment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Et al... I routinely use my 64GB card to update the firmware (I have my own theme that I'm constantly tweaking). I have my music in a "music" folder and just dump the .fw into the root. Nice and clean and haven't had a single prob upgrading yet (same applies with my 32gb). I wouldn't hesitate to use a card bigger/smaller than 32gb filled with music. That being said if you lose your music trying, don't blame me 
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #6,981 of 17,484
  So just got my x3, read a little of the user guide. Is this right? You have to use a card to upgrade firmware and it has to be empty? Not a huge deal I guess but I don't have empty microsd cards lying around. And I'm not going to delete/add 30gb of music every time I want to upgrade firmware.

I have updated firmware many times and never used an empty card

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #6,982 of 17,484
I know, but what I'm saying is (and I wasn't clear) that you can't use a 64gb, which is all I have at the moment.
smily_headphones1.gif

I use a 64gb card. Put it in the X3 and make sure to format the card using the X3

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #6,983 of 17,484
i update using my 64 gig card. i never bother emptying the card first. it used to be that fw update was from onboard, not sd card.

In any case, when you DO get a microsd card, make sure you get a card reader thingy too. The X3 read/write is pretty slow.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #6,984 of 17,484
I blame the whiskey! :k701smile:   Thanks, deltasun!

No problem, it threw me for a loop when I opened it too...and actually kept the tab on till I had time to really study what was going on. :D

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #6,985 of 17,484
I know earlier, when I heard about all the issues pausing, etc., I said I would return this if that happened to me. Well, after playing for most of the afternoon and evening...this sounds so good (paired currently with my over-ear Momentums) that I would probably "suffer" through some pausing just to have this amazing sound. I downloaded a 24/192 copy of Norah Jones through HDTracks.com and cannot believe what I'm hearing. :eek: Just simply amazing clarity and resolution.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #6,986 of 17,484
Can someone please tell me the latest X3 firmware is capable of reading id3 tags and supports id3 tag browsing? I'm looking to upgrade my Sansa Clip Zip, but as don't have everything organized in folders, only via tags, so I need proper tagged browsing for my music.

Thanks for the help.

Z.

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #6,989 of 17,484
Copy them from the device onto your pc. Otherwise you could try the 'hide' file atribute in Windows Explorer, although I don't know if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back