The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 26, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #6,676 of 17,484

4. Obviously there was quite a bit of recent discussion on mp3 distortion. With all of the complaints, I thought the issue would have been bad...like Michael Jackson bad. Turns out it's not even Chris Brown bad! I have mostly FLAC files in my X3 with a few mp3 files. Any noticeable decrease in quality compared to FLAC seems to be mostly from the fact that it's a lower quality file. Then again, I haven't done testing with classical music or anything like that. What I'm saying is that it may bother some people, but it's not going to bother everyone.

8. I'm including this because I know it's going give a few of you a good chuckle. The first time I listened to it, I stuck the earphone jack in the line out. lol I'm so used to the Cowon J3 so I was thinking it goes in the same spot. I already saw a few pictures from reviews so I knew there was a separate line out and headphone out. For some reason, I just completely forgot about that. It gave me a good jump when the audio blasted into my ears at high volume. It's like the duh moment you get when you hit your head against a ceiling. Here's a good life lesson, folks: make sure you're sticking it in the right hole. Otherwise, someone might get annoyed.

Best lines I read from reviews :D

Nov 26, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #6,677 of 17,484
Hi!
Is the sound quality better on x3 than on rockboxed sansa if mainly 320k pm3 files being played, or is it just better on hi res files?
Is there a bip difference between sansa+E7 and x3.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #6,678 of 17,484
My rock boxed Sansa clip doesn't sound anywhere near as good as my x3. That goes for any type of file! The amp and dac section of the Sansa just completely out class the Sansa!

Would love to see Sansa try to make some sort of super hifi player though...

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #6,679 of 17,484
My rock boxed Sansa clip doesn't sound anywhere near as good as my x3. That goes for any type of file! The amp and dac section of the Sansa just completely out class the Sansa!

Would love to see Sansa try to make some sort of super hifi player though...

Agreed, if Sansa could increase the detail and technical areas to match instrument separation found on  Hisound Studio V and Rocco BA, all in that same Sansa Clip compact size I'd be all over it, but it lacks detail and some technical aspects like soundstage width to excel further, it's also not the most refined and lacks some atmosphere. What the clip does have since my time with it outdoors is rather good rhythm, decent PRaT, and it measures well, I'd be happy with more detail really to pass it for a more serious player and of course the same size.

/little midnight random rant.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #6,680 of 17,484
I just, out of the blue,  started having sd card issues and never have before. I tried  reformatting to fat32 again but that didn't solve my issues. It will see all of the music when browsing but only part of the music when trying to sort. Also, it now hangs when trying to update media library.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #6,681 of 17,484
Maybe your card is worn out. Try to completely erase, I mean all sectors with SD Formatter full format or with HDD Low Level Format Tool.
Then format again to FAT32, copy files, verify the integrity of the copied files with QickSFV or something like that.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #6,682 of 17,484
Best lines I read from reviews :D

honestly, back when it wasnt 100% certain what the deal was with 64 gig microSD cards (and my bank account was empty) I used mp3 for like 2 months. I never noticed any issues in any of my files. I use FLAC now, but I dont know if this mp3 thing has been an ongoing thing or a new thing with latest firmware but I think people just want a reason to complain about it. Of course there will be that smal subset of users with music thats actually affected by the issue but most people should be totaly fine.

For the card itself, I've found that I format the card using the X3, let windows tell me something is wrong and "fix" the card, and THEN do the transfer and everything is peachy. I dont know why this happens, but hey, whatever works.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #6,683 of 17,484
I just, out of the blue,  started having sd card issues and never have before. I tried  reformatting to fat32 again but that didn't solve my issues. It will see all of the music when browsing but only part of the music when trying to sort. Also, it now hangs when trying to update media library.

I think you'd want to copy 1/4 of your library over, update library, copy another 1/4 over, update library, rinse repeat. Set your screen off/shutdown time to maximum so its not trying to get any conflicts. I dont recall if that was fixed yet.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #6,684 of 17,484
honestly, back when it wasnt 100% certain what the deal was with 64 gig microSD cards (and my bank account was empty) I used mp3 for like 2 months. I never noticed any issues in any of my files. I use FLAC now, but I dont know if this mp3 thing has been an ongoing thing or a new thing with latest firmware but I think people just want a reason to complain about it. Of course there will be that smal subset of users with music thats actually affected by the issue but most people should be totaly fine.

For the card itself, I've found that I format the card using the X3, let windows tell me something is wrong and "fix" the card, and THEN do the transfer and everything is peachy. I dont know why this happens, but hey, whatever works.

Hmm... So I take it that there is no limits to the amount of folders you can use now in a 64GB card?

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #6,690 of 17,484
How do you measure if a digital signal contains jitter? I cannot. But I didn´t find any audible indication so I´m inclined to say that if there´s jitter, it´s probably very, very small. Confirmation would of course be lovely.

Oh dear not this jitter talk AGAIN.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/3105#post_9648653

Here kids, have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back