The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #3,076 of 17,484
Quote:
we will start ship to oversea market from next week, very sorry for the delay , been too busy in the past days but everything back to normal and we will produce 300-400 per days and keep manufacturing till everyone own an X3 . :) 

I like what you said there james hehe.
I already pre-ordered and i'm really looking forward to receiving it ! :D 
size]

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #3,077 of 17,484
sorry I can't reply all the question in the past pages, for the firmware issue, the best way is waiting for our firmware upgrade in the future which will included

1, more theme,

2, more cover support.

3, language choose like smartphone.

4, Better cue support for APE.

5, Better battery life. now the battery life is the same not matter what kind of music format are playing, this will be upgrade when the bugs is almost fixed.

6, GUI for the main menu.

7, more tags support .

I believe that there are long long way ahead us because we are listening to our customer and will try our best in the firmware development. and now the most important thing is we can ship out all the order , I can't tell the detail but obviously the market demand is bigger than we can expected . we have not increase the quantity 2 times to meet the requirement from our agents.

BTW, X3 already become the best sales DAP in China ( not includes ipod and other mp3 player which for the mass consumer mareket ) 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #3,078 of 17,484
Quote:
sorry I can't reply all the question in the past pages, for the firmware issue, the best way is waiting for our firmware upgrade in the future which will included

1, more theme,

2, more cover support.

3, language choose like smartphone.

4, Better cue support for APE.

5, Better battery life. now the battery life is the same not matter what kind of music format are playing, this will be upgrade when the bugs is almost fixed.

6, GUI for the main menu.

7, more tags support .

I believe that there are long long way ahead us because we are listening to our customer and will try our best in the firmware development. and now the most important thing is we can ship out all the order , I can't tell the detail but obviously the market demand is bigger than we can expected . we have not increase the quantity 2 times to meet the requirement from our agents.

BTW, X3 already become the best sales DAP in China ( not includes ipod and other mp3 player which for the mass consumer mareket ) 

James, in the new firmware will fix the problem with noise in the OGG-files, and will also be supported tags and album art in M4A-files?

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #3,080 of 17,484
Quote:
we will start ship to oversea market from next week, very sorry for the delay , been too busy in the past days but everything back to normal and we will produce 300-400 per days and keep manufacturing till everyone own an X3 . :) 

Best news this week
gs1000.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #3,081 of 17,484
Good news indeed.  Hope the X3 will be the perfect transport for my DAC.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #3,083 of 17,484
Quote:

Thanks James for the update! Please keep up the good work and may your tribe increase!

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #3,084 of 17,484
I paid Audiothinker for an X3 via Ebay a couple months ago - there was an initial delay because they had no stock (despite them assuring me that they did when I asked if they would be able to deliver promptly). The delivery company here in the UK gave it to someone with no connection to me or the address it was supposed to be delivered to. After chasing the UK delivery company loads of times and receiving no sensible response I emailed Audiothinker several times advising them that they needed to claim on their postal insurance. Audiothinker ignored my requests so I now appear to have lost the money I paid for the device (including some hefty postage costs).

I would recommend that anyone thinking about buying from Audiothinker should be very careful.

I have now purchased a different player from Soundfidelity - service from Soundfidelity was brilliant and the player arrived at the same address that the other one was supposedly delivered to in under two days.

Sorry for the moan but I think it's worth warning people to be careful about vendors like Audiothinker who lose interest once they have your cash.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #3,085 of 17,484
Quote:

Wow - congratulations!
beerchug.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #3,086 of 17,484
Quote:

we will keep upgrading the firmware of X3 includes the firmware, we have a very good partner and now there are only few bugs in there. and also we will change the UI of X3 too . all we need is time and your support .

That's all we can ever ask for James. Fiio is doing a great job and I'm sure you guys will one day soon have a pretty awesome UI. I love how you guys keep at it without giving up. I hope Fiio DAPs become crazy popular and everyone owns them instead of iPods.

Quote:
As far as I know. This product isnt actually delayed that much. It was slated for release a month ago so it has only been delayed for a month

Everyone knowing, talking about the product and what not for half a year may make the delay seem longer than it actually is.

Anyway, keep up the good work James. UI usability and flushing out and "activating" some of its features that dont work right now would be great.

I have no problem with daily usage.

This is so true. Here on Head-Fi delays often can be six-months sometimes even 1 year. Sometimes even after full payment as been made. There are amps/headphones people have been waiting for like over a year after payment. LOL. One month delay is nothing. Heck people wait for cables for six-months sometimes. Crazy stuff.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #3,087 of 17,484
Quote:
I paid Audiothinker for an X3 via Ebay a couple months ago - there was an initial delay because they had no stock (despite them assuring me that they did when I asked if they would be able to deliver promptly). The delivery company here in the UK gave it to someone with no connection to me or the address it was supposed to be delivered to. After chasing the UK delivery company loads of times and receiving no sensible response I emailed Audiothinker several times advising them that they needed to claim on their postal insurance. Audiothinker ignored my requests so I now appear to have lost the money I paid for the device (including some hefty postage costs).

I would recommend that anyone thinking about buying from Audiothinker should be very careful.

I have now purchased a different player from Soundfidelity - service from Soundfidelity was brilliant and the player arrived at the same address that the other one was supposedly delivered to in under two days.

Sorry for the moan but I think it's worth warning people to be careful about vendors like Audiothinker who lose interest once they have your cash.

I did the same thing. Surprisingly the messaged me recently to say that it will be shipping soon.  Let's see what happens.

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #3,089 of 17,484
I caved and ordered one... So weak willed

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3,090 of 17,484
I think the sign of a true audiophile is a somebody who is equally intrigued by a 200 dollar device when he/ she has already spent 1,000s on reference equipment. That 'll be me:p
Bought an x3 for my dad swear it wasn't for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back