The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #2,551 of 17,484
Just wondering why it matters?

For thsoe that don't care to use that 'feature'. It won't bother anyone.

If you wish to have easy access to changing SD card. You use it. If you don't care to have that slot there, you don't use it. It doesn't change the way the case is.

The case isn't really an aesthetic masterpiece. So having a small slot there isn't really going to change anything

It's just a usability and feature etc that doesn't get in the way, but can be useful. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #2,552 of 17,484
Man this thread is moving fast. Probably the most excitement over on DAP ever.
Can't wait for August/September to come around and these are widely available.

BTW the leather case looks awesome James.

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #2,553 of 17,484
Quote:
Man this thread is moving fast. Probably the most excitement over on DAP ever.
Can't wait for August/September to come around and these are widely available.

BTW the leather case looks awesome James.

The latest quote for delivery is july 15th.  Contact your local dealer and notify them your interest in purchasing the unit so they can order enough for their first stock. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #2,554 of 17,484
Quote:
The latest quote for delivery is july 15th.  Contact your local dealer and notify them your interest in purchasing the unit so they can order enough for their first stock. 

I think every dealer will order the maximum that Fiio will give them. These will sell like hot cakes until there is a huge supply which won't happen for a few months. (I'm talking about U.S. dealers of course)

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #2,555 of 17,484
I disagree - I think the case looks really classy. Great job, I'd definitely buy one.

Only criticism I have is that I don't think it's necessary to have a cut in the leather to allow changing SD card. If I need to change SD card, I could just slide the X3 completely out of the case to do it. If there is no memory card slot in the leather case, then it stops dust getting into the slot, which is a good thing.

Other than that, great case, James!

Well to each their own. I'm used to buying slim cases and to me that looks like a brick.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #2,556 of 17,484
Just wondering why it matters?

For thsoe that don't care to use that 'feature'. It won't bother anyone.

If you wish to have easy access to changing SD card. You use it. If you don't care to have that slot there, you don't use it. It doesn't change the way the case is.

The case isn't really an aesthetic masterpiece. So having a small slot there isn't really going to change anything

It's just a usability and feature etc that doesn't get in the way, but can be useful. 

I'm always paranoid that somehow the SD card might get tapped by something in my pocket and come out, and get lost or destroyed. So the usability trade off is at the expense of feeling the SD card is secure.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #2,559 of 17,484
Quote:
The dealer I talked to is not ordering the max amount they can order. 

Well Fiio doesn't guarantee when they can fulfill their order anyways. Fiio is already producing the maximum number of X3s they can. They can't produce more units because more orders come in. It'll just delay the fulfilling of the orders. I think any dealer with half a brain will order as many X3s as possible so they can sell them and make a profit. Waiting around for people to reserve one before ordering sounds like a small time dealer or one that has no clue how fast these are going to sell the first few batches.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #2,560 of 17,484
Anyone can enlighten me on how this compare to the Sansa Fuze SQ wise and its pros and cons?

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #2,561 of 17,484
James,

Can you tell me if you will support ogg comments (i'd assume FLAC to) for tag information in later firmware?

Buy only supporting ID3 tags means gap less playback is only with MP3 :frowning2:
Not a huge thing for me but still means I can't use gap less or the database for my ogg files.

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #2,562 of 17,484
Quote:
Well Fiio doesn't guarantee when they can fulfill their order anyways. Fiio is already producing the maximum number of X3s they can. They can't produce more units because more orders come in. It'll just delay the fulfilling of the orders. I think any dealer with half a brain will order as many X3s as possible so they can sell them and make a profit. Waiting around for people to reserve one before ordering sounds like a small time dealer or one that has no clue how fast these are going to sell the first few batches.

Demographics. One should not assume a hot item will sell like hot cakes in every geographical location. Check with your local dealer and see what their plans are if you're interested in buying the product. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #2,564 of 17,484
Quote:
Anyone can enlighten me on how this compare to the Sansa Fuze SQ wise and its pros and cons?

I have the Sansa Fuze+ (rockboxed) and I recently received the X3 as well. Well well, what can I say? The X3 totally blows the Sansa Fuze out of the water. When listening to Adele's Skyfall in 24bit FLAC through the headphone out with my Sony XBA3, I notice the hissing on the Fuze is so much more noticeable than the X3. The X3 was just silent even at the highest volume and with the headphone gain on high. The headphone amp in the Fuze sounds like it struggles to keep the bass and highs in control where as the X3 handles them flawlessly. The X3 sounds perfect with its Bass and Treble set to 0 whereas the Fuze requires some tweaking to get the sound closer to decent (by doing this, it does sound a lot more unnatural). That's my 2 cents... hope this helps.

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #2,565 of 17,484
Quote:
I have the Sansa Fuze+ (rockboxed) and I recently received the X3 as well. Well well, what can I say? The X3 totally blows the Sansa Fuze out of the water. When listening to Adele's Skyfall in 24bit FLAC through the headphone out with my Sony XBA3, I notice the hissing on the Fuze is so much more noticeable than the X3. The X3 was just silent even at the highest volume and with the headphone gain on high. The headphone amp in the Fuze sounds like it struggles to keep the bass and highs in control where as the X3 handles them flawlessly. The X3 sounds perfect with its Bass and Treble set to 0 whereas the Fuze requires some tweaking to get the sound closer to decent (by doing this, it does sound a lot more unnatural). That's my 2 cents... hope this helps.

Same for me here!
Listening the X3 with my Grado totally blows the Fuze+ away.

I could hear some distortion with the Fuze+ which disappeared with the X3. Sound stage, Dynamic... Everything's there!
I set the Bass to -2 and Trebble to +4 (originally used the Jazz EQ settings on the Fuze+, which was the best possible sound...).

A real winner (at this price tag).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back