The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jul 7, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #1,456 of 3,613

Quote:
I believe the dimensions are the similar to the E7 except thicker. 

Pythagoras and Motorola would seem to disagree.  Breaking out my protractor the E7 seems to measure about 30 degrees corner to corner whilst the X3 seems to be 25 degrees.  The phone next to it is a Motorola Defy which measures 4.2" in length.  The E7 is 3.75".  So it is definitely not the same size.    

Jul 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #1,457 of 3,613
How about this?

(Credit to c61746961 for original file)

I prefer the button layout in the picture; it's just that I wonder what is the top left, pause look-alike button? The menu button?

The angled edge could be better off being flat; unless there's a plan to bundle it with a silicon cover that makes the overall surface flat when the cover is used. Just my 2 cents. :)

Jul 7, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #1,460 of 3,613

Quote:
How about this?

(Credit to c61746961 for original file)

I prefer the button layout in the picture; it's just that I wonder what is the top left, pause look-alike button? The menu button?

The angled edge could be better off being flat; unless there's a plan to bundle it with a silicon cover that makes the overall surface flat when the cover is used. Just my 2 cents.
smily_headphones1.gif

my favorite look so far though i think this thing would go along way with a splash of color - maybe the white parts of the buttons could be blue.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #1,461 of 3,613

Quote:
I agree about the button layout. As most people are right handed and will hold it in one hand, it seems like an obvious layout in terms of using your thumb and the arc/range of motion.

So it's tough titties for those of us who are blessed to be lefties? Cheers.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #1,462 of 3,613

Quote:
Pythagoras and Motorola would seem to disagree.  Breaking out my protractor the E7 seems to measure about 30 degrees corner to corner whilst the X3 seems to be 25 degrees.  The phone next to it is a Motorola Defy which measures 4.2" in length.  The E7 is 3.75".  So it is definitely not the same size.    

LMAO, you don't have to pull a protractor to prove someone wrong
rolleyes.gif
 Just going by what the 1st post said. 

Quote:
ETA: September-October...

Price range: $150-$170 :D

Working sample should be out July!

"About our HD DAP, it will not expensive, and will be different to any current DAP ! but will have most special feacture which listed in preview replies!

I will post the outlook and main features before the end of this month!"

1, the size is about the same as E7, so it can really put into your pocket;
2, With line out/ coaxial digital out; I can find any other DAP have both output! of course there are Headphone out;
3, WM8740; depend on our E7, it is good enough to most of you! and in fact, it is almost the best solution to balance the cost, performance, playtime and size;
4, FiiO dock so you can dock it into our E9, we learn from Apple, it is a user friend design we learn from Apple!
5, Hardware key control!
6, folder/files browsing!
7, Not a ordinary solution like rockchip,
8, 320*240 TFT display so we can involve in some kind of music library like artist, album, cover and style!

We don't want to make a expensive DAP , but we also don't need to make some cheap DAP, what we wants to make is a total innovation, high quality, high performance,and affordable , slim DAP ( of course it can not compare with iPod or Sansa ).
Anyway, it is under developing, although the hardware is decided but we can still adopt lots of your request, for example about the Gapless playback, but we need to find out whether we can do it !"

"OK! just some updating!

1, We will put the gapless in our X3, and there may have a switcher option in the setup menu!
2, The X3 will not come with a earphone or headphone, you may need to buy one for yourself!
3, Of curse, I guess, there will have lots of combo, like X3+E9, X3+E11, X3+ E??(LOL, seems we need to develop a DAC AMP with coaxial in ), and X3+TF"

No internal memory; MICRO SD (Not SD.) cards are used, and SDXC is probably compatible, but nothing firm yet. (This is a guess by me and not an official statement.)

"We just decide to make a small change to our X3, so it will be more slim and a little longer! I hope we can put a large battery inside so the playtime can over 10 hours to 12 hours or even more! And X3 will support 192k/24b FLAC, WAV, APE. * 192k/24b need to be confirmed! In fact, we are carry a working sample but it is handwork prototype so the key is unreliable! but it do play 192k/24b music!"

Battery life: about 10 hours.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #1,464 of 3,613
How horrid. It had potential in the first phase, now it just looks cheap and hokey. Overpriced to begin with and now this. No way. Maybe for $100...maybe.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #1,465 of 3,613
I am amazed at how much weight yall are putting on the way this thing looks.   its gonna be in your pocket or bag most of the time,   most of you will probably put a case on it somehow, and its certainly not overpriced for what its proposed to do.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #1,466 of 3,613
Quote:
How horrid. It had potential in the first phase, now it just looks cheap and hokey. Overpriced to begin with and now this. No way. Maybe for $100...maybe.

You sir are a clown! I suppose you would walk down the street with it strapped to your forehead..?? The asking amount is bugger all for the amount of input people have had with this product. Being a small company they are delving into the deep end with a DAP, so give them some slack.  

Quote:
I am amazed at how much weight yall are putting on the way this thing looks.   its gonna be in your pocket or bag most of the time,   most of you will probably put a case on it somehow, and its certainly not overpriced for what its proposed to do.

+100 thumbs up!

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #1,468 of 3,613
I really like this latest pre-production model!  It's great! You guys did a great fixup from the engineering sample.

Sorry for being a terrible awful and dreadful artist lol!

To keep the X theme?
The play/pause can be long pressed to do the function of the other button that's missing.
I know this is stupid and people will laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back