The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Apr 14, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #811 of 3,613
just stumbled on this thread today, trying to read through every page of comments, very very interesting development indeed.

seriously wish this dap and the E11 have identical width and height, of course, thickness will be different. And when putting X3 and E11 together, hope that Fiio can come out wif some genius solution so that we dont need to use velcro or some rubber band. Also, a custom LOD for this combination, please!!!!!

You'll probably need to use a rubber band, because they can't make them 'fit together' at the risk of people not buying one because it's not practical.

As for custom LOD, doesn't it use a Mini for its Line Out like the SFlo? If so, its just a Mini to Mini interconnect...No custom stuff needed on their end. They already make the L8 for a low profile Mini to Mini

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #812 of 3,613
Talk about cable - I know I have said it before that the interconnect (for coax-out) shouldn't be too much of an issue since it is very short. However my DIY bug has bitten me again and I am in the process of making a few decent interconnect for both X3 (in future testing) and HifiMan HM801, which also use 3.5mm jack for coax-in. It will use a very thin coax cable, similar to the kind of you see on WiFi antenna but has a 75 ohm rating. Theoretically it should be better than regular interconnect in performance (mainly on noise resistance and power lost), but I doubt it is audible in such a short configuration. Anyway, it will take time for me to gather parts so it probably going to take at least two weeks to put the whole interconnect together. Will report back once I have them done.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #814 of 3,613

Quote:
It should have hardware volume control, with a pot, instead of two buttons

Why? Most digital volume control can keep track of volume much better than pot, especially in channel balance.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #815 of 3,613
When your on the go, its good to have tactile control. Had it on my old phone, missed it on my new smartphone and got it back with my cowon j3. Plus you save battery because you dont need to switch on the screen.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #817 of 3,613

Quote:
Quote:
just stumbled on this thread today, trying to read through every page of comments, very very interesting development indeed.

seriously wish this dap and the E11 have identical width and height, of course, thickness will be different. And when putting X3 and E11 together, hope that Fiio can come out wif some genius solution so that we dont need to use velcro or some rubber band. Also, a custom LOD for this combination, please!!!!!

You'll probably need to use a rubber band, because they can't make them 'fit together' at the risk of people not buying one because it's not practical.

As for custom LOD, doesn't it use a Mini for its Line Out like the SFlo? If so, its just a Mini to Mini interconnect...No custom stuff needed on their end. They already make the L8 for a low profile Mini to Mini

if u make a dap and portable amp to be able to fit or click together without velcro or rubber band, it doesn't stop anyone to buy one of it without the other one, right? therefore, Fiio doesnt loose anything at all beside spending a little more initial cost just to make sure this feature is in. benefit to us as user....... convenience that no other dap/amp in the market offers now.

custom LOD in the sense that the cable length, position, angle, everything is just right the the dap/amp combination so that there are no protruding cable or extra cable dangling somewhere..... benefit to us as user........ convenience that no other dap/amp in the market offers now

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #818 of 3,613
hey, this is not a bad idea.. a little suggestion~why don't they just provide a male-female connection port as well on the mp3 itself that will be connected to the amp directly when u merge the amp and DAP~therefore no extra wire needed and due to shorter connection,the sound can stays as original as possible.......

in a nutshell, try to make the connection btween DAP and AMP similar to that of ur phone and your battery if possibe =)

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #819 of 3,613
If you make a connector too specific for one amp, then people who own other amps won't want to buy it.

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #821 of 3,613
wat about both...it's like dock+a few plug like wat S:flo2 did

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #822 of 3,613
My wishes:
1. additional dummy card slot (I know it is sdxc compatible but sometimes it is more convenient to have multiple small cards instead of one big card)
2. decent quality protection case (with 2 or 3 micro sd card slots).
3. (weatherproof) wired remote control (iRiver iHM1x0 style), no display needed, only basic controls (play/pause, volume, skip track) and headphone jack.

It is probably too late for 1. while 2. and 3. would be optional accessories.

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #823 of 3,613
Apr 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #825 of 3,613

Users who are viewing this thread

Back