The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Feb 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #3,556 of 3,613
Quote:
once again
and I totally agree with Cyberalpha11's opinion about a cheaper excellent dap for under $300 for the reasons given above.

I think you two have confused the terms 'business' and 'charity'.

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #3,557 of 3,613
Feb 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #3,560 of 3,613
Well I mentioned this is a gateway drug I mean DAP is really its many outputs. You want to listen to it plug in you headphones. You got hard to drive cans get an Amp plug it in to the Line out or if you like the sound of that amp great rock it. If you just don't like the sound of the DAC then get one with a SPDIF in. No need for LOD all of the ports are right there.

Don't get me wrong I'm sad that it wount be out until summer but I guess my clip+ will have to do.

Also if they sell a DAP that that is $200 they will sell more of them. If they are at a higher price point they more will be expected. Fiio has a plan its been several years in the makeing.

R

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3,561 of 3,613
@Tangster, you just found out? I've followed this thread for a while. Can't wait until they release it...

[Split]

@Feaio, Have you guys tested the headphone and input jacks to make sure that repetitive unplugging/plugging won't ruin them? That would kill the X3, so I was wondering.

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #3,562 of 3,613
Quote:
I think you two have confused the terms 'business' and 'charity'.

Quote:
Or "reality" and "fantasy"....lol.

did you read my other post?

in case you did not here I go again:

I dont think it would be impossible to make a good sounding dap for less than $300 if most of you weren't asking for 12+ hour life battery, 128+gb of memory or an amazing led screen with album art, do you go to the moon when you all leave your houses that you need all those specs? do you listen to the music with your eyes?
If the most important thing is Sound Quality I would rather choose any company to focus in the audio quality of the player even if that means no screen or an internal memory 32 gb or even less and without any option of a SD card, something like the Tera player (I don't own one and I would not buy one for that ridiculous price I don't blame the company since from what I heard is a one man company and it's up to us if we want to buy it), just my opinion.

also I guess I know more about business than both of you since I am the co-owner of a glass custom shop here in Miami, you both have a boss and I don't so I know what I am talking about o.k.

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #3,563 of 3,613
Quote:
I dont think it would be impossible to make a good sounding dap for less than $300 if most of you weren't asking for 12+ hour life battery, 128+gb of memory or an amazing led screen with album art, do you go to the moon when you all leave your houses that you need all those specs? do you listen to the music with your eyes?
If the most important thing is Sound Quality I would rather choose any company to focus in the audio quality of the player even if that means no screen or an internal memory 32 gb or even less and without any option of a SD card, something like the Tera player (I don't own one and I would not buy one for that ridiculous price I don't blame the company since from what I heard is a one man company and it's up to us if we want to buy it), just my opinion.

Exactly how I think. 8GB internal storage, SD slot, nice and small display(clip+ style), build in amp(because I hate carrying around one seperatly), and the best SQ you can fit in there without breaking a price limit of 350$.
I would buy at least 10 of these DAPs :p

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #3,564 of 3,613
Quote:
Exactly how I think. 8GB internal storage, SD slot, nice and small display(clip+ style), build in amp(because I hate carrying around one seperatly), and the best SQ you can fit in there without breaking a price limit of 350$.
I would buy at least 10 of these DAPs :p

LOL, I know, but these guys want their whole music library in a portable dap besides they want the portable dap to play all the music formats available, High Def screen and album art plus they want it to be SLIM also they want the battery to last 24 hours!

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #3,565 of 3,613
Battery would have to be good enough for atleast one day listening, let's say 2 hrs of travel time and 8 hrs of work. Then you would need atleast 10 hours battery life. So that is a must. More is absolutely welcome and I'm happy to pay for that. My cowon is a relief! I have to charge it once a month or something.
Noone asks for 128gb+ capacity, we do ask for a micro usb slot, That is a cheap feature, cheaper then any built in memory capacity which enables it to add your own micro sd cards which are very cheap.
I agree on the screen, no need for a fancy screen but I'm sure FiiO made sure the screen didn't cost too much. A simple colour screen shouldn't be that expensive either.

A regular fiio e17 is $139. If the x3 is going to cost $200 dollars you'd pay 60 bucks for the ability to add as much music as you'd like, you are able to play that music :p and you have a reasonable screen which makes it easy to find what you want. It's up to you to decide whether it is worth your money or not. :)

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #3,567 of 3,613
We never said , we want it to play every music available , i believe nobody ever asked for ogg or ape since nobody ever use those , we also never asked for gigabtic storage, we never asked a gigantic screen , we are only criticizing that cyberalpha1 is making unreasonable demand, he is asking for a 800 dollar dap sound inside of a 250 dollar dap, he is asking of the fiio x3 to sound like the ibasso dx100
Good sounding dap already exists for 400 dollar, its cLled the hisound studio series , there is plenty of choices in that price range, it just so happen that what cyberalpha1 demanded is more or less impossible or would be a suicide manuever for the company

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #3,568 of 3,613
Quote:
We never said , we want it to play every music available , i believe nobody ever asked for ogg or ape since nobody ever use those , we also never asked for gigabtic storage, we never asked a gigantic screen , we are only criticizing that cyberalpha1 is making unreasonable demand, he is asking for a 800 dollar dap sound inside of a 250 dollar dap, he is asking of the fiio x3 to sound like the ibasso dx100
Good sounding dap already exists for 400 dollar, its cLled the hisound studio series , there is plenty of choices in that price range, it just so happen that what cyberalpha1 demanded is more or less impossible or would be a suicide manuever for the company

are you sure?

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #3,569 of 3,613
now that you mention the DX100 that sells for $829, do you need a calendar and wifi to play music? don't you think that dap would be a lot cheaper without all those unnecessary features ? by the way I think most of us use smart phones these days with those features in them so why would you want them in a portable player?

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #3,570 of 3,613
Are you saying what fiio says that a dac change only would bump the price up to 400 is a lie ? Then you still have to change the amp to match the dac power, theb you have to find a better power source and so on, and at the end this is not charity thus fiio have to make actual margin of profit 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back