The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Feb 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #3,541 of 3,613
Quote:
He's just saying that right now, he has to pay $600 for an audiophile player with good UI--and he's hoping that the X3 will change this. This is based upon my extremely detailed full analysis of his postve, with my findings published here. 
devil_face.gif

About the iPod DAC-I have the Classic 7G and I find the soundstage to be a bit narrow and the treble to be a bit harsh. But hey, that's just me. I love the UI and storage space of the Classic (160G can hold all of my music) but the DAC does not quite cut it. Sure, now I have a fairly measly portable setup (Went from a E11 w/ RE262s, which were stolen, to a pair of "temporary" GR06s), but I can hear an audible difference between the iPod DAC and my ODAC, rPAC, and receiver integrated DAC (Pioneer Elite VSX-52 DAC being worse than the iPod's) But hey, this is just based on subjective listening and the opinions of many of my friends.

He is right, i hope that the x3 would at least be an

improvement from an ipod stack with 150 dollar amp with good ui and functionality . Of course i would be all over x5 if they look prettier than the x3, there is something just so alluring about ak100

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #3,542 of 3,613
In my opinion Fiio should skip X3 if it is just a mediocre DAP that slightly better than iPod.
Instead, Fiio should gather all the resources and money to develop a breakthrough audiophile DAP like X5 but at affordable price range $199~$249.
Just my two cents.

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #3,543 of 3,613
And thus the " everything have to be ccheeeeaapppp" starts again , when will people learn that business have to get return on the money that they invested on product research and production 

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #3,544 of 3,613
Quote:
In my opinion Fiio should skip X3 if it is just a mediocre DAP that slightly better than iPod.
Instead, Fiio should gather all the resources and money to develop a breakthrough audiophile DAP like X5 but at affordable price range $199~$249.
Just my two cents.

They are making the best dap they can for their projected price point of under $200. You should wait for preliminary reviews or wait to get the product itself before judging it. Just because one person says it isn't an audiophile player, doesn't mean it won't sound fantastic.

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #3,545 of 3,613
Just my two cents.

Well you have not heard the X3 for yourself, have you? We do not know yet whether it is just slightly better or even a lot better than iPod. Just wait and see how it turns out shall we? And for the super cheap high end X5 you dreamt of, remember that Fiio still need to make profits above all the costs of research and production. It is not as simple as merely cramming all high end components inside a case like a DIY hobby project (which is actually not simple by any means).

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #3,546 of 3,613
Quote:
Just my two cents.

Be realistic here....FiiO is already renowned for products that are great quality for the price. So why is it that you're asking so much more from them? Wait until the X3 comes out before you harass them about fanciful unrealistic desires, please. 
smile_phones.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #3,548 of 3,613
Quote:
Just my two cents.

You and your two cents should start your own company and make the DAP that you so crave. Fiio is not building what you want. In fact, nobody is because it would be impossible to turn a profit on such a venture unless slave labor was used. I suppose you might find this acceptable as long as you get your audiophile DAP for $200....

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #3,549 of 3,613
Quote:
Just my two cents.

FIIO clearly said that X3 has all internals thats there in E17. So definitely I feel that X3 will sound similar to E17. What else do we need for $200?

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #3,550 of 3,613
Quote:
Just my two cents.

Great opinion, glad you have one. And now that you've voiced it know that 99.9% of us disagree with you. If you dislike this device, considering its not even released yet, your a quite small minority of 1. The hardware is finalized, the software is undergoing testing/tweaking, and we're all waiting patiently. FiiO has been great to us,...and your being quite unrealistic. AK100 or a Tera Player are more your style,...

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #3,551 of 3,613
Great opinion, glad you have one. And now that you've voiced it know that 99.9% of us disagree with you. If you dislike this device, considering its not even released yet, your a quite small minority of 1. The hardware is finalized, the software is undergoing testing/tweaking, and we're all waiting patiently. FiiO has been great to us,...and your being quite unrealistic. AK100 or a Tera Player are more your style,...

But tds, he wants the ak 100 or the tera for 200 bucks, as we all know there is no chance it will be that low

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #3,552 of 3,613
once again
Quote:
I dont think it would be impossible to make a good sounding dap for less than $300 if most of you weren't asking for 12+ hour life battery, 128+gb of memory or an amazing led screen with album art, do you go to the moon when you all leave your houses that you need all those specs? do you listen to the music with your eyes?
If the most important thing is Sound Quality I would rather choose any company to focus in the audio quality of the player even if that means no screen or an internal memory 32 gb or even less and without any option of a SD card, something like the Tera player (I don't own one and I would not buy one for that ridiculous price I don't blame the company since from what I heard is a one man company and it's up to us if we want to buy it), just my opinion.

and I totally agree with Cyberalpha11's opinion about a cheaper excellent dap for under $300 for the reasons given above.

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #3,554 of 3,613
I'm purchasing the X3 the minute it comes out. If you'd like I could always sell it to someone for $1000,...this way they feel it's a justified audiophile purchase. I would suffer until another X3 arrived from FiiO,...but it's a necessary sacrifice I'd make for my fellow Head-Fi'ers. I'm quite compassionate that way,... 
wink_face.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #3,555 of 3,613
Quote:
Just my two cents.

why woud someone sell something great for $250 if people will definitely but that thing for more than $250?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back