The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Dec 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #3,106 of 3,613
but how will you protect the soft case from stains? 

oh yeah, oh well another brilliant idea down the drain, killed by a minor detail.

I expected the hardcase would not be viable, at this price level and in smallish numbers it would likely increase the cost of the unit by 25% or more. I like silicone cases myself, stops them slipping out and it'll hardly ever be used my itself, it'll be in a padded rig bag with my portable dac-amp. I think i'm going to have a bit of fun modding this thing too.

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #3,107 of 3,613
Quote:
Black or White, that is a question. which color will you prefer ? the silicon case for X3, the photo is the first sample of the case. 

1, For black one, it is very easy become dirty with the dust. and the charge indication can't be saw .

2, For white one, the only question is most western customer prefer everything with black color.

So, any suggestion ?

Reminds me of a story in one of the uk hifi mags many moons ago.

Hifi Dealer sets up a one brand system all in gleaming champagne gold.   A customer stares at it for awhile and then goes in.  First question asked is "That system in the window, got it in black?"!

Cheers

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #3,109 of 3,613
Quote:
oh yeah, oh well another brilliant idea down the drain, killed by a minor detail.
I expected the hardcase would not be viable, at this price level and in smallish numbers it would likely increase the cost of the unit by 25% or more. I like silicone cases myself, stops them slipping out and it'll hardly ever be used my itself, it'll be in a padded rig bag with my portable dac-amp. I think i'm going to have a bit of fun modding this thing too.

I was kidding and I think you got it but I'm not sure...eventually 3D printers will be commonplace and then all we'll need is a good hunk of silicon in the color of our choosing. 

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #3,111 of 3,613
Quote:
Raise your hand if you use APE often

*chirp chirp chirp*

I guess you're the only one! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #3,116 of 3,613
Dec 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #3,120 of 3,613
the player it self looks too pretty for me to use any silicon case at all 
tongue.gif

now what I don't like is that background image for me it's just hideous I would prefer a plain color, black with withe font or gray with black font if the screen is not good enough to not show the black color washed out.  but to be honest I'm part of the group that wanted it to have a plain OLED screen from the start. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back