The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Nov 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #2,911 of 3,613
I will do it definitely, I have great hopes :)
The X3 is in my scope also, a really promising DAP also !

Hardware wise it looks good, the missing piece is the software, and I am counting on Fiio that it will make it.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #2,913 of 3,613
Quote:
I have both the F807 (Gun Metal) and the T51, great purchase, hope you enjoy it....you can post your findings with our gang here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/625852

I will add comparison posts with the F series on the front page there once the X3 is out (others too who wind up owning both of course), as I will be getting one! 

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #2,914 of 3,613
Quote:
I have both the F807 (Gun Metal) and the T51, great purchase, hope you enjoy it....you can post your findings with our gang here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/625852

So is sound quality a step up from the Z player?

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #2,915 of 3,613
Dec 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #2,917 of 3,613
Quote:
Dear DigitalFreak...please have your pick from the below:
1 , 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 ,7 ,8 ,9 ,10 ,11 ,12 , & 13.

Thanks for taking the time to link those posts turok. When put head to head against the Studio V player, in your opinion, which player is the more detailed and natural sounding? The Studio V or the Sony F player

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #2,918 of 3,613
Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to link those posts turok. When put head to head against the Studio V player, in your opinion, which player is the more detailed and natural sounding? The Studio V or the Sony F player

The V has more power and better all around sound, but I can't enjoy it with my JH16 (HISSSSSSSSS).
The F has more digital sound signature than the V, its more in your face, but sounds great with my JH16, and with different players , I get the chance to try different SQ (Like Neutron, poweramp and my new addition Playerpro).

Freak, I will tell you, sometimes I hate the details I get from the F (so much info to process) , and prefer the Z, with its less fatigue sound.

If I to chose from the above (as to total package) the F wins.

In the end , the F is more detailed and more natural, but this does't means "BETTER".

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #2,919 of 3,613
Quote:

The V has more power and better all around sound, but I can't enjoy it with my JH16 (HISSSSSSSSS).
The F has more digital sound signature than the V, its more in your face, but sounds great with my JH16, and with different players , I get the chance to try different SQ (Like Neutron, poweramp and my new addition Playerpro).

Freak, I will tell you, sometimes I hate the details I get from the F (so much info to process) , and prefer the Z, with its less fatigue sound.

If I to chose from the above (as to total package) the F wins.

In the end , the F is more detailed and more natural, but this does't means "BETTER".

Interesting, the only bone I have to pick with my Studio V in the sound department would be I wish it could give me a bit more depth and width in the sound stage. Everything is nicely separated mind you but with overly busy music the lack of a slightly wider sound stage can make the music sound a little to cramped for my liking.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #2,920 of 3,613
Quote:
Interesting, the only bone I have to pick with my Studio V in the sound department would be I wish it could give me a bit more depth and width in the sound stage. Everything is nicely separated mind you but with overly busy music the lack of a slightly wider sound stage can make the music sound a little to cramped for my liking.

I guess I hear it differently. It may very well be the IEMs you are using as well. With an IEM witih a smaller sound stage or in your head sound I guess I could understand. But the Studio Vs sound stage is very wide to me and very airy. I don't think the width of the sound stage needs anything more. Maybe a bit more depth I agree. But when you use and IEM like the IE80 there is none of the issues you mention. There's a lot of width and depth. Anymore and I would feel too distant from the presentation.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #2,921 of 3,613
Quote:
I guess I hear it differently. It may very well be the IEMs you are using as well. With an IEM witih a smaller sound stage or in your head sound I guess I could understand. But the Studio Vs sound stage is very wide to me and very airy. I don't think the width of the sound stage needs anything more. Maybe a bit more depth I agree. But when you use and IEM like the IE80 there is none of the issues you mention. There's a lot of width and depth. Anymore and I would feel too distant from the presentation.

Well the width ain't bad it's more the depth. You're probably right, it's probably has more to do with the gear I mate it to.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #2,922 of 3,613
Quote:
Well the width ain't bad it's more the depth. You're probably right, it's probably has more to do with the gear I mate it to.

I'm curious what is your go to IEM with this player? I don't like how my MDR-7550s sound on it. Too much detail IMO. Just kinda forceful and aggressive. The 1Plus2s actually pair quite well with it. I didn't use it much but I find myself using more it and more with that combo and it's quite enjoyable. If you ever have a chance to demo and IE80 or IE8 on it I suggest you give it a shot. Maybe you'll know what I mean then :). I guess I'd say this DAP can be a bit picky on what it pairs with and in that I see it as being one downfall in itself. But when you find that perfect match, WOW. :)

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #2,923 of 3,613
Quote:
I'm curious what is your go to IEM with this player? I don't like how my MDR-7550s sound on it. Too much detail IMO. Just kinda forceful and aggressive. The 1Plus2s actually pair quite well with it. I didn't use it much but I find myself using more it and more with that combo and it's quite enjoyable. If you ever have a chance to demo and IE80 or IE8 on it I suggest you give it a shot. Maybe you'll know what I mean then :). I guess I'd say this DAP can be a bit picky on what it pairs with and in that I see it as being one downfall in itself. But when you find that perfect match, WOW. :)

Well speaking in general my go to IEM is my jPhonic K2sp. The only other IEM that comes close to it would be my EX600. I don't use it as much on the V player because it's such a revealing player. The treble on the EX600 is good treble but it's grainy at the very top end and it really stands out with the V player. Believe it or not as far as headphones are concerned the V-MODA M-100's pair quite beautifully with this player. The player lets the M-100 do what it was designed to do which is extend low and slam bass in your face. It's a very fun listen with music from The Crystal Method and Prodigy.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #2,924 of 3,613
Yep I agree the EX series is jut not the Studio Vs cup of tea. Same with the FX700 and I'm sure the JVC series in general (treble monsters :wink:.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #2,925 of 3,613
I'm not sure, maybe it was in this thread already (195 pages are tough to read :), but I think good news can be reapeated

From https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/posts/455565594500979

1, 64g TF card can be supported by formated to FAT32.

2, Gapless is supported.

3, Apple Lossless format ALAC is supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back