The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Dec 4, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #2,926 of 3,613
I'm not sure, maybe it was in this thread already (195 pages are tough to read :), but I think good news can be reapeated
From https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/posts/455565594500979

Oh my, the ALAC boy's will be mighty impressed.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #2,927 of 3,613
It was an annoyance converting 13 gigs of ALAC to FLAC :p. Thank God for Foobar. Foobar is the best for converting :). I don't touch it for music though lol.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #2,928 of 3,613
There's comments coming in on that update. FiiO have stated the output impedance will less than 0.5 ohm :cool:

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #2,929 of 3,613
That's not surprising at all. Most of their portables have low output impedance. I don't thing they'd pull an iRiver on us or the product surely would go down the river :wink:.

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #2,931 of 3,613
Quote:
This player gets better & better every time I check this thread out,...
cool.gif

..In the end we might have X3=DX100???
L3000.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #2,932 of 3,613
It's sounding like the X3 is going bitch-slap a few DAPs when it is finally released...I smell a big win for Fiio.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #2,935 of 3,613
It's sounding like the X3 is going bitch-slap a few DAPs when it is finally released...I smell a big win for Fiio.

I am really hoping this is the case...feature-wise, this seems to have EVERY thing I want. If the SQ gets even close to the big boys...wow. this will be just amazing.
I am buying one no matter what, but am keeping my fingers crossed for great SQ!

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #2,936 of 3,613
I smell the newest and greatest for the moment product. I expect once this baby is released the thread to be flooded by shills screaming giant killer and getting into arguments with people who question if the DAP can truly merit the title of giant killer. I then expect the DX100 people to take umbrage and invade this thread and troll the X3 shills. The Colorfly and Hifiman player people shouldn't be far behind. It should be a good time to watch the tom foolery. I've already ordered 10 lbs of popcorn and have lots of pop on hand ready for when the circus begins. Watching shill wars is even more fun then watching the summit-fi people getting trolled by the sound science people. Speaking of which is it just me or does it seem like most people in both summit-fi and sound science seem a little testy and or arrogant on the best of days? The folk on there really need to learn how to let their hair down and try having a good time.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,938 of 3,613
It's usually pretty interesting to read posts by people who are hot and bothered over a new product and the responses by those loyal to whatever product the latest and greatest is "burying." I'm certainly guilty of this at times (a bit of a GR07 fanboy), so I can't exactly point the finger at anyone else. I will say that I really think, if they pull it off well, the X3 is going have an impact on other companies that are building DAPs for the same market...they will see the features it has and, fingers crossed, the heaps of positive feedback it gets on these pages and as a result and feel compelled to either follow suit or try to one-up Fiio (who had the gonads to really listen to their bread and butter customers). I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one of these if the battery life is decent...if the sound smokes the J3, I'll probably buy it regardless...April is a ways off, so let's see if we make it across the 12/21/12 threshold first
eek.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #2,940 of 3,613
Not to throw a wet blanket over everyone's hopes but Fiio itself has indicated this player won't sound like an audiophile DAP. That's not the market segment they're going after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back