The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jul 29, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #9,901 of 9,972
Jul 29, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #9,902 of 9,972
Wow, still using 256MB cards. Thought that most opting for something bigger :wink: :p

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #9,904 of 9,972
Hi All,
The battery of my X3II is dying on me, does anybody have a link where I can buy a replacement in Europe?
Replacing the battery is no problem as I am an electrical engineer.
kind regards,
Peter
the Netherlands

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #9,905 of 9,972
Hi All,
The battery of my X3II is dying on me, does anybody have a link where I can buy a replacement in Europe?
Replacing the battery is no problem as I am an electrical engineer.
kind regards,
Peter
the Netherlands
Contact FiiO support, they can send/sell you a battery with replacement instructions.

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #9,906 of 9,972
hi all,

>The battery of my X3II is dying on me, does anybody have a link where I can buy a replacement in Europe?

I've opened my X3 to measure the dimensions of the battery, 73x47x7mm, including the battery management pcb.

After an extended internet search I think I have found an exact replacement:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-7...644.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.52b04c4dsaJSPB

I've ordered it and will report when it arrives, kind regards, Peter

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #9,907 of 9,972
I have two questions:

1 - What would be a good alternative to this guy? I would like a more compact form factor, Bluetooth and at least the same power output.
2 - Will there be a difference in sound between a good DAP and a good mobile phone, when played over bluetooth? The more I think about it the more I doubt the idea of hi end Bluetooth DAP , as the phone can do the same, and all the D/A converting and amplifyng as done by the headphones anyway ... If there is a dedicated thread - please point to that thread ...

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #9,908 of 9,972
I have two questions:

1 - What would be a good alternative to this guy? I would like a more compact form factor, Bluetooth and at least the same power output.
2 - Will there be a difference in sound between a good DAP and a good mobile phone, when played over bluetooth? The more I think about it the more I doubt the idea of hi end Bluetooth DAP , as the phone can do the same, and all the D/A converting and amplifyng as done by the headphones anyway ... If there is a dedicated thread - please point to that thread ...

1. There are many more expensive players that sound better and quite a few side-grades in its price category, but there are not many that are smaller than this. You could try the Shanling M1 for less money, specifically for the small form factor.
2. Bluetooth sound quality is decided by the codec used. Any phone & specific Bluetooth headphone combination that supports the Ldac codec will sound exactly the same. (other codecs sound inferior, but there is no difference between devices using B4.1 either) There is no such thing as a "high end" Bluetooth player.

Aug 16, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #9,910 of 9,972
thanks for the quick reply.
Why no "high end" bluetooth player? what about fiio X7 mkII? 650$ player with BT ...

That unit costs 650$, because of the sophisticated dac & headphone amp section.
In terms of Bluetooth it performs exactly like any entry level phone that supports BT4.1. There will be no gain whatsoever in sound quality, but even really cheap phones might provide a more fluid Android experience with a bigger screen. BT is just an afterthought here, it doesn't even support the best codecs.

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #9,911 of 9,972
I get very weak output on the right channel. It is out of warranty. Anything I can do? I hardly used the X3 since buying it. Feel bad that it has failed so quickly.
Are there any troubleshooting or disassembly instructions?

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #9,913 of 9,972
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 5, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #9,914 of 9,972
Hi, my X3 II gen crashes and turns off everytime I plug something into one of the two jacks (headphone or any kind of aux cord). My firmware is 2.0 and I tried to reset the deviceand also format my SD card but nothing worked. Can someone help me? I have a bad feeling about this. Thank you

p.s: to be precise, it crashes when I plug in something AND a song is playing not if I'm browsing the menus

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #9,915 of 9,972
Hi, my X3 II gen crashes and turns off everytime I plug something into one of the two jacks (headphone or any kind of aux cord). My firmware is 2.0 and I tried to reset the deviceand also format my SD card but nothing worked. Can someone help me? I have a bad feeling about this. Thank you

p.s: to be precise, it crashes when I plug in something AND a song is playing not if I'm browsing the menus
Send an email to support at FiiO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back