The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Jan 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #2,568 of 3,746
Interesting facts of life....after Monday,Tuesday even the calender says what !!!

Edit:: What...i tot u've change the topic to chat n fun....

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #2,569 of 3,746
Quote:
I become a bit fixated on the value of the sound performance sometimes, there are students and people in third world countries that just want to love audio too.

There are expensive products that sound different so it's like exploring sonic art but there is usually an extra underlying implication that they sound better in solid performance, or that other people can't hear the difference.

At the same time there are people that say all headphones sound the same and they are pretty annoying too.

I just want to find the truth in audio components, explore sound, and love music at the same time but they are definitely three seperate instances.

Just take this into account when I'm being combatative thanks. =)

I don't mind when people say that things sound the same (or look the same, or taste the same) to them.

What gets my back up is when they argue that the differences I can discern are entirely imagined. They most certainly are not: They are perceptible. By me. And many others.

This, of course, can become a progressively fraught argument where at the extremes one is debating cable break-in and homeopathy. But being absolutely untrusting of the reliability of human perception, purely to avoid having to acknowledge that ambiguities are ambiguous, is thickheaded, offensive, and doesn't help anybody.

Anyway: I agree: I love music and wouldn't be engaged in audiophilia if I didn't. But I also love gadgets and esoterica and wouldn't be engaged in audiophilia if I didn't. It's okay to occasionally obsess about the equipment: Just try to stay mindful of what it's for.

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #2,570 of 3,746
I'll try to have a listen to the Thinksound MS01 when I'm back from holidays. They seem promising.

I've had a great time with the TS02 in the past although they're strictly very very V shaped.

The thinksound rain..  and thinksound thunder..  are not the best of IEMs. These are probably the one Muppet tried.

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #2,572 of 3,746

Originally Posted by uelover /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can place your ears beside a tree trunk in the early morning. You will be able to hear some nice woody sound

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #2,573 of 3,746
Oh, yeah, that was ClieOS and his cousin, but I think he just meant that he no longer feels a need to buy the UM3x. You know how ClieOS is, he'd rather have 10 cheaper earphones over 1 expensive one, but that is why it's strange he loves the K2SP...

I'm not all that interested in the XBA line because of the fiit; they look like they'll be uncomfortable.

Quote:
No it wasn't you, it was someone else and his cousin saying the TDK BA200 is a perfect replacement for the UM3X, maybe ClieOS too I think...

Then again ClieOS and ljokerl love the K2 SP which I don't understand at all. =/

I think the XBA-4 at under $300 (remember when it was projected at $1000 on some link?) has received 100% positive reviews so far from what I can tell, so I think it will fade out the more expensive W4 eventually, which had mixed reviews, like the Phonak sounds identical, Katun's thread, etc.

I opened up a thread about this very topic. Sadly, it died almost immediately.

Quote:
From reading this thread, other threads, listening to my own Klipsch C3's, and talking to friends that have DBA-2's and what not it seems to me that dual ba (crossover) universals are the best value in iem's right now for pure sound quality. For around $150 new ($100 used) you can get some seriously good sound. I know you've been saying this all along Kiteki and I agree with it. Initially I had been wanting to get the Westone 2, not the C3, but the price never dropped low enough. I wonder why the price on the Westone 2 and Shure SE425 never drops below $200 when all the others are at $$100-150. 

I think Inks has long raved about the FX500 and grumbled that no one cares about it... the problem is, I can't find anyone who sells it anymore because they elect just to sell the FX700.

Quote:
Why not the FX500, it's much nicer/sleeker looking and cheaper.

I go to sleep and this thing grows by about three pages. What's going to happen when I leave for a week (starting now)?

Quote:
The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: chat n fun

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #2,574 of 3,746
Quote:
I opened up a thread about this very topic. Sadly, it died almost immediately.

What, real value exists in the iem market? That's un-possible!

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #2,575 of 3,746
Quote:
I think Inks has long raved about the FX500 and grumbled that no one cares about it... the problem is, I can't find anyone who sells it anymore because they elect just to sell the FX700.

I actually preferred the FX500's sound signature in bass (more deep bass, less mid-bass), but mine would destort on higher volume. Inks told me that this has been fixed in the newer batches though.
But one more thing, the mids were noticably more recessed on the FX500 than they are on the FX700.

I've posted some K3003 impressions over there btw.

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #2,576 of 3,746

Quote:
I actually preferred the FX500's sound signature in bass (more deep bass, less mid-bass), but mine would destort on higher volume. Inks told me that this has been fixed in the newer batches though.
But one more thing, the mids were noticably more recessed on the FX500 than they are on the FX700.

I've posted some K3003 impressions over there btw.

Thank you for making me put the K3003 on my list!...........I hate you.........I hate this thread........but I love my music.
Now which should I get first the custom or the K3003

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #2,577 of 3,746

Quote:
Thank you for making me put the K3003 on my list!...........I hate you.........I hate this thread........but I love my music.
Now which should I get first the custom or the K3003

First you should either get a part-time job or sell a kidney. From there you can decide on what gear to get first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back