The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Sep 18, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #181 of 3,746

Quote:
I knew it... kiteki is a droid. Someone owes me money (not really)
biggrin.gif

No, I'm a synthesized organism with XY chromosome appearance.

This is a droid

This is me (roughly):

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #184 of 3,746

Quote:
No, I'm a synthesized organism with XY chromosome appearance.

This is a droid

Doing it wrong.  =p

starwars.jpg

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #186 of 3,746
Our civilisation advanced to synthesized and cybernetic tens of thousands of years ago, however... during one of the transitions, some of the genetic data for musicality and audio reception were lost.
I'm the foremost exemplar in my civilisation of audio reception, and I'm here to study the lengths at which humankind have taken the nature of sound.

Currently your level of fidelity is low, but your deviation into curious and creative sounds is high, a nature of sound we can not perceive, emulate or reproduce to anywhere near the same extent as humankind.

At the moment Final Audio and Skullcandy are the most popular logs in our database, we've successfully reverse engineered a few auditory nerves to fully accomodate and enhance this nature of sound.

You are at the peak of your civilisation, my diary entries of Tesla headphones and Sony BA's may be the last memoirs noted on how far the human race could take their artistic outlet into sound reproduction.

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #187 of 3,746
Koreans don't use Chinese characters, and Japan deviated from them an odd 2700 years ago.

The Japanese name for for Japan (日本) is incorrectly pronounced in Mandarin as "Jih peng" (or something like that) and "Ze peng" in Shanghainese, thus leading to the international word "Ja pan".

My username isn't in "Chinese characters" so I'm not sure what you're talking about... but it never occured to me it could look Chinese... you mean like Qī Tè Qì?  That's sortof interesting... thank you.
________

Thanks for sharing your story about idiotic salesmen, I used to work in sales so I have met a few of those :)  If someone tries to convince you that "teh beats" are better than Shure, just tell him to shut up or you'll buy the Shures from someone else, that's pretty much what I do. :)

Korean characters looks so different from Japanese and Chinese characters.

Well, "kiteki" is very similar to "kiseki", or "miracle" in Japanese; correct me if I'm wrong.

I meant the name kiteki can be broken down into Japanese hanji or katakanai, きてき、キテキ, respectively.

Or its きてき(汽笛) for steam whistle haha, or it's connotation for coming soon/what's coming.

Yes, I agree that Korean and Chinese are very different characters, but during my travels to Korea, I noticed some of the grandma and older generations could speak mandarin Chinese (totally helped when buying stuff and they didn't speak English - with an even smaller population that could speak Cantonese), and could write when I didn't understand their accent. I also learned that their secondary, older language was Chinese after the Chinese had invaded Korea, with the full transition to Korean only recently (like, 80 years, estimated as I'm not from there, based on structural clues and architectural designs etc). In addition, there's a lot of remnant Chinese things literred all over the older parts of Korea. Not saying this as any Chinese pride thing, but just wanted to clarify.

Also, the mandarin connotation of Japan came from a Chinese dialect, more or less the Wu dialect, as shanghainese is part of that dialect. 日本 in mandarin, is rv-ben, Japanese, ni-hon (or ni-pon for formality).

Rgardless, cheers to that guy that told me about the HK stores, will check that out soon!

Also, another clarification

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #189 of 3,746
Im using my iPad2 to browse this forum, so it's a simple in general>keyboards>add international keyboard

PC> should be under ease of access/international/language bar>add support for Asian languages, add new keyboard>Japanese Romanji keyboard - I'm a little hazy on where it is on the pc, as I'm a Mac guy now.

Mac>settings>international>add language/keyboard

I try not to have Asian language typing support, as it conflicts with my usual computer hot keys, and they're not built well into the pc OS.

いぬのみみ
イヌノミミ
狗の耳

For respective hanji, katakana, kanji. Katakana's usually for names, or foreign items, hanji is their old style of writing, and kanji is the more used, but difficult form, as it's simplified with Chinese (less alphabet writing as u would say) - to clarify, kiteki would be written as キテキ as it's a name (katakana). Also, dog ears, written like that, would not have the same meaning as English would (it's an incomplete sentence in Japanese, as in, dog's ears)

Edit: my self-chosen Jap nickname is tanuki, which is タヌキ, look up the meaning via wiki - also, I just noticed, but キテキ, XY is a male genetic disposition, unless ur testes are metabolically dead and ur missing mullerian inhibiting factor (completely off topic). XX is female.

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #193 of 3,746
Yes, it is inu no Mimi

Kiteki is right, the proper form of dog is 犬, not 狗, which is the Chinese version of dog (funny how my Jap keyboard gives both). My mistake. Also, it's hiragana, katakana, and kanji. I must a been really tired when i posted that earlier.

Mimi 耳, which is ear,
IA, イア, iya, イヤ, also mean ear, in katakana, but like I said, katakana's used generally for foreign words, so, imagine saying ear in a Japanese accent, u'd get E-A, or E-Ya, for ears.

I directly translated the meaning over in hiragana and katakana, not the katakana pronunciation of the words.
ドグ イーヤズ , do-gu e-ya-zu for pronunciation

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #195 of 3,746
deleted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back